Archived Just say....Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if it's one coupon that is expired or a bit off, I don't care...but the scammers still get the full hammer, as far as I'm concerned. And yes, we all know the difference.

We had a cashier tonight call back to electronics for a price check...said the ink was ringing up 51.99 but the guest said it was 34.99. I was on the lane next to her, so I, the LOD and the electronics TM all immediately told her to change it. At least most of us are on the same page.

There are a few other things that were more store specific, I believe...asking each and every guest about the "Spot Rewards Card" within 15 seconds,

I believe this against best practice to refer to it as a rewards card. It makes confusing to the guest... is it a rewards card? or is it a credit/debit card?

If one of my cashiers refers to like that, it's a seek-to-understand. I've seen too many guests who thought it was a simple loyalty card (like CVS or Walgreen's) get mad when told it was *really* a credit card.

I got the yes info today... They reme,breed to tell me when I sent a lady to GS that challenged a price after she looked at her receipt. I knew they'd do it up there.

It was worded as... The $20, is out the window. $40, 50, 70... That's us. Just change it. (I also pointed out I never out I never heard the official policy in the first place)

My normally yes GSA was working tonight, she wasn't going to let the coupon scammer get away with it tho - she warned us newbies about her and her trial sizes. That ade me feel better about.

70 dollars? What the hell are they thinking? I mean, $20 jesus, fine, but 70 is way over anything acceptable >.>

There are a few other things that were more store specific, I believe...asking each and every guest about the "Spot Rewards Card" within 15 seconds,

I believe this against best practice to refer to it as a rewards card. It makes confusing to the guest... is it a rewards card? or is it a credit/debit card?

If one of my cashiers refers to like that, it's a seek-to-understand. I've seen too many guests who thought it was a simple loyalty card (like CVS or Walgreen's) get mad when told it was *really* a credit card.
I agree completely, won't do it and told my GSTL as much. But if my ETL wants to go down that road when he's on a lane, then that's on him.

It's not a law I don't think, just a copyright agreement between target and the suppliers.

I know that, but we are telling them is not the truth. I just say company policy that is all. I hate using "because it's law" excuse.

Still hasn't been brought up to me and I closed with my ETL-GE today...it's like this sort of dark cloud lurking around a corner I'm worried I'm gonna faceplant into one day!

I got the yes info today... They reme,breed to tell me when I sent a lady to GS that challenged a price after she looked at her receipt. I knew they'd do it up there.

It was worded as... The $20, is out the window. $40, 50, 70... That's us. Just change it. (I also pointed out I never out I never heard the official policy in the first place)

My normally yes GSA was working tonight, she wasn't going to let the coupon scammer get away with it tho - she warned us newbies about her and her trial sizes. That ade me feel better about.

70 dollars? What the hell are they thinking? I mean, $20 jesus, fine, but 70 is way over anything acceptable >.>
Ugh I shouldn't type tired.

I'm soooo going to stress over the $$ thing. I had more changes/challenges on Friday than normal, but most were in the $5 range. Except the guest that had the $59.99 pan than look at her receipt and asked why because it was $19.99 on the tag. She is the one I sent over to have it adjusted.

Thankfully TMs can't do it, because we have a couple that would....

Even I corrected a cashier about the "rewards card" speech.. Its not rewards card, but you can earn rewards from paying for prescriptions in the pharmacy with your red card.

To bad the in store pharmacy doesn't actually stock the drugs I am scripted for.. But then I don't know I want spot to know what I am taking..

This!
I've never heard of a "$20 rule." I thought I was going crazy when the ETL-GE let a guy return an open DVD. Then when I did a back up the GSTL said to let the woman with 30 coupons do 5 transactions. I thought, "Did that really just happen?" Glad I saw this thread.

The $20 rule is pretty simple... If its under $20 just do it.. You're not going to get coached for making a price change for the guest as long as its within $20... Best practice says cashiers should be empowered to make "reasonable" price changes without having to double check -- If someone questions the price change you made, you can just say that you thought it was reasonable (ex: within the $20), and that should be the end of it.

So we have TMs that are uncomfortable with the 'just say yes' policy yet we're openly discussing it in a public forum that ANY guest could stumble across and view?

Isn't this the type of error that helps to create chaos?

Can't wait to be called up to IGS for an lod request with a guest pulling up this forum and asking why her Dyson vacuum cleaner is not 100 instead of 550. 'Just use that override code...you can't say no to me'.

While I would happily do this anyway because I truly support the VIBE culture I think we should reconsider taking threads that openly discuss insider knowledge down.

The emails sent to us about policies like this have confidentiality clauses on the bottom.

So? Why should the forum protect spot? Also note we've been doing this near a month and many of our guests are noticing our new policy.

I will protect spot when my wages go up. Lulz. Besides, guests will figure out how to work deals and prices to their advantage no matter what. I read articles all the time on yahoo about the details of the deals and specials at Target. I read one article that mentioned the schedule of when items become clearance and the percentage they get marked down each time they get marked. With that being said, you can't protect spot because some shoppers are hardcore and dedicated to saving money. Gotta give props to them for their dedication.

Oh noes! He's threatening us over the internet. Let's all panic.

o7O09Og.gif

This is an open forum where the people who work for Target can talk about ANYTHING that they have to deal with on a day to day basis.
If there is an issue, we as the moderators will decide if it is over the line.
Spot is perfectly capable of handling itself and this policy is making TMs lives complicated.
They have every right to come here and talk about it.

You have the right to voice you concerns @consumed TL but once having done so, let the people voice theirs.

Last edited:
Still haven't heard about this at my store but the GSTL told me to let a guest use 15 of the same coupon tonight. Had to do separate transactions. The guest was so smug. I was sweet as sugar.

Ugh I shouldn't type tired.

I'm soooo going to stress over the $$ thing. I had more changes/challenges on Friday than normal, but most were in the $5 range. Except the guest that had the $59.99 pan than look at her receipt and asked why because it was $19.99 on the tag. She is the one I sent over to have it adjusted.

Thankfully TMs can't do it, because we have a couple that would....

At my store the TM cashiers can do a price adjustment.....at least those who know how to do.

Still haven't heard about this at my store but the GSTL told me to let a guest use 15 of the same coupon tonight. Had to do separate transactions. The guest was so smug. I was sweet as sugar.

Haven't heard anything about taking all the coupons in separate transactions. Probably because we've been having some extreme couponers come in and we're working on stopping that.

And PLEASE, when you make a price change for a guest mark it under ad adjustment so the LOD does not have to scramble in the morning for 30 PCVs that are all correctly signed but showed up on the report cuz of a guest who is a LIAR!

And PLEASE, when you make a price change for a guest mark it under ad adjustment so the LOD does not have to scramble in the morning for 30 PCVs that are all correctly signed but showed up on the report cuz of a guest who is a LIAR!
and how are you suppose to know if they're lying or a sign is in the wrong place?

@redandkhaki I can tell u that after doing the pcv as an etl, 99.9% of prices challenged by guests are correctly signed on the sales floor. Also, guests will also lie and say the item is the adjacent items price which pisses me off even more cuz don't they know HOW TO READ LABELS?!?!? If guests could read, we wouldn't have any off these price changing, "empower the tm" problems.

i would say that at my store it's about 50/50 on whether we need to fix an issue or not. TLOD's don't do the pcv at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back