Archived Just say....Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard we will soon be starting a "new" rollout involving empowerment. I wonder why it's taking so long to implement it at my store.
Oh lord.....I'm gonna hide under the counter with a degreaser bottle.....
Got room under that counter for me to hide with you? And an extra degreaser bottle?

A big part of the Be Bold campaign is that Spot is tying guest comments to specific TMs now. This means that when a guest leaves a negative comment on a cashier, the store will have a report that tells them which cashier it was. It's basically the Vibe on steroids because every TM is being put out there and graded by our guests. We've reached the point where we're trying to quantify FF&F.

A big part of the Be Bold campaign is that Spot is tying guest comments to specific TMs now. This means that when a guest leaves a negative comment on a cashier, the store will have a report that tells them which cashier it was. It's basically the Vibe on steroids because every TM is being put out there and graded by our guests. We've reached the point where we're trying to quantify FF&F.

Wonderful, so we are being graded by a bunch of entitled sociopaths on how well we feed their pathetic egos.

That could already be done, and any ETL-GE who cared was already likely doing this. All this does is put it in an easier to read format for TLs to see by a one glance grid how cashier numbers are looking.

Yeah I think for Negative survey responses they could always pull your TM#, granted it was never shown on the public reports usually posted in the TSC. Never heard about anyone getting in trouble for something on the survey though, think they used it more as a way to find out who needs to be kept an eye on.

Honestly I don't think anyone has anything to worry about, unless you're consistently yielding bad surveys due to YOUR actions (and not just a bad shopping experience in general), I don't think you have to worry.

When I first read this I thought my store was participating in this just say yes crap too... but no. We have officially begun this "empowerment" campaign as of about a week ago.
Cheese and rice it's worse than I thought. I was told "if a coupon is expired, if there are too many, hell if they aren't even BUYING the product the coupon is for, take the coupon. If there's a barcode on it, take the coupon." WTF. I was also informed that I could change the price from $150 to $75, but NOT from $300 to 50 (yeah, a $250 price change is really pushing it...). Basically, if there's an issue, do what the guests want, and if there are people taking advantage of the system, management will take care of it. As if they actually have the time to put that on their list, or AP's.
It hasn't been too bad thus far, but I'm envisioning those shady TMs sending in friends and family to take advantage of this...As many of you have mentioned, it doesn't come out of my paycheck, and I definitely don't get paid enough to care, but I hate seeing people take advantage and I know it won't be long before I see this coming to bite us in the ass up front.
I guess my real concern is what happens if we rebuild our "brand loyalty" but are still losing money because of this "just say yes" thing? When we try to start being more strict about this stuff again people are not going to like it. Then what??

When I first read this I thought my store was participating in this just say yes crap too... but no. We have officially begun this "empowerment" campaign as of about a week ago.
Cheese and rice it's worse than I thought. I was told "if a coupon is expired, if there are too many, hell if they aren't even BUYING the product the coupon is for, take the coupon. If there's a barcode on it, take the coupon." WTF. I was also informed that I could change the price from $150 to $75, but NOT from $300 to 50 (yeah, a $250 price change is really pushing it...). Basically, if there's an issue, do what the guests want, and if there are people taking advantage of the system, management will take care of it. As if they actually have the time to put that on their list, or AP's.
It hasn't been too bad thus far, but I'm envisioning those shady TMs sending in friends and family to take advantage of this...As many of you have mentioned, it doesn't come out of my paycheck, and I definitely don't get paid enough to care, but I hate seeing people take advantage and I know it won't be long before I see this coming to bite us in the ass up front.
I guess my real concern is what happens if we rebuild our "brand loyalty" but are still losing money because of this "just say yes" thing? When we try to start being more strict about this stuff again people are not going to like it. Then what??

Exactly you miss sales enough days cause you gave $20 off enough times you won't have doors to open. Our front lanes did a vibe that cost a bloody fortune.

We requisitioned stuff to gift wrap something for a guest! Ok I can see doing a once in a while gift wrap, we have some odd situations that come up but you don't requisition, you charge for the wrapping supplies. It was a bloody fortune cause they had to do it twice cause they didn't have enough to wrap it one way and had to do it a second time.

I think they will lose alot of money:oops: I know they want to be bold! A guest comes up to the front lanes with a huge rug that rings up for 99.00 but the guest says the sign back there says it is 19.99 so basically you have to be bold??? Okay:oops: bye bye money:oops::oops: Target is losing money! Be bold! more like being stupid:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back