Archived Just say....Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would say that at my store it's about 50/50 on whether we need to fix an issue or not. TLOD's don't do the pcv at your store?

Not all stores have a TLOD. At my store, the PCV is the LOD's responsibility, but certain ETLs delegate it to a TL.

So If an item rings at 20.01, I can ring it as a penny? Neat (they're gonna fire me soon anyways)

So If an item rings at 20.01, I can ring it as a penny? Neat (they're gonna fire me soon anyways)
When I was working the PCV recently, I saw and item that was roughly $20 that we had changed the price to $0.25.

After all this vibing, we're gonna need some new batteries soon.

I had a guest demand that I go back and double check the price for her, even though I said that we would just give her the price.

Really confusing.

From the notice. It seemed that the "Just say yes." policy was only for February. Has this policy become the policy now?

From the notice. It seemed that the "Just say yes." policy was only for February. Has this policy become the policy now?

I have a feeling that its like the "red card only at prompts" depends on how your store interprets it.

Our store basically gave up and now we give the entire store away... They're focusing on more accurate zone to try combatting price discrepancies. Doesn't really work when nobody knows how to take down ad correctly. Lol.

Well we got more e-mails from the district heads. Looks like the "Just say yes" policy is the new norm. Time for another round of district managers doing "secrete shopping."

My stores stl just started this at my store. we are not to question coupons and even accept expired ones. The price change thing i have always done.

Even I corrected a cashier about the "rewards card" speech.. Its not rewards card, but you can earn rewards from paying for prescriptions in the pharmacy with your red card.

To bad the in store pharmacy doesn't actually stock the drugs I am scripted for.. But then I don't know I want spot to know what I am taking..
This is NOT true. Your Pharmacy Rewards account is not linked to your RedCard unless you actually link it and it's a completely separate program through the pharmacy, NOT the RedCard. You still earn the same reward whether you pay with the RedCard, cash, or even if you don't pay anything for your prescriptions (unless you have a government sponsored program-i.e. Medicare/Medicaid, military, government employee, etc.). And you can ask the pharmacy to carry your prescriptions, Corporate cannot access that information, it would be a violation of HIPAA for them to do so....

I've heard nothing regarding this "Just Say Yes" policy at my store. We still do price checks for anything over a few dollars, and we vigorously enforce our coupon policy.

Even I corrected a cashier about the "rewards card" speech.. Its not rewards card, but you can earn rewards from paying for prescriptions in the pharmacy with your red card.

To bad the in store pharmacy doesn't actually stock the drugs I am scripted for.. But then I don't know I want spot to know what I am taking..
This is NOT true. Your Pharmacy Rewards account is not linked to your RedCard unless you actually link it and it's a completely separate program through the pharmacy, NOT the RedCard. You still earn the same reward whether you pay with the RedCard, cash, or even if you don't pay anything for your prescriptions (unless you have a government sponsored program-i.e. Medicare/Medicaid, military, government employee, etc.). And you can ask the pharmacy to carry your prescriptions, Corporate cannot access that information, it would be a violation of HIPAA for them to do so....

Ok I was closer than the other cashier with the red card and pharmacy rewards. And if you don't believe that people don't talk, I have a bridge to sell you.. I worked in medical for a while and trust me, HIPPA is only as good as your dumbest employee.. And lets just say I feel better that they don't know what I meds I am on.

My stores stl just started this at my store. we are not to question coupons and even accept expired ones. The price change thing i have always done.

ETL-HR told us this at the huddle. The Price Accuracy guy thought it was a bunch of crap and he pretty much kept shaking his head behind her back and just saying "no, no no" I was amused. Then when he asked her if it counted for team members too and she said yes, he made the joke that he was going to search through his garbage can for all thrown away coupons.

She got mad and I overheard the two in an argument about how he was undermining her, and how he thought it was a bunch of crap.

Which it is.

Also, on this whole thing. How much longer do we have to keep bending over backwards for the guests after this breach crap? The trust between store and customer has been broken and giving people a leeway of $20 on price challenges isn't going to gain the trust back that was lost by people stealing their freaking credit card information.

As a GSA, it's annoying to have cashiers still call me over for price changes under $5, but our store leadership is telling us to empower cashiers to do whatever they need to do. Meanwhile, another local store hassled me over a $0.49 price change that had an expired sign on it, which I took a picture of.

Our GSTL is doing returns on everything, even 99999ing things without packaging and no receipt - just an ID. We are doing multiple coupons, returning open DVD's/CD's, open cell phones, cell phone minute cards - everything. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

Guests, in this case, are basically parasites: they'll keep pushing the limit on how low they can get something, how much they can return & what they can get compensated for. It will do NOTHING in regards to regain loyalty. Then, when Target finally craters & closes its door, guests will put the blame on Target (justly deserved) while kvetching because they won't be able to return what they were stuck with.
And wallyworld will be laughing all the way to the bank.

I hate this just say yes bs. It's so hard to have any authority at this point when you know that the guest is wrong and they are just trying to get over because of the data breach. And your ETL's and STL's bend over backwards for a known scammer. We got into trouble with our STL last night because we wouldn't do a 30 price change on an one hundred and twenty dollar blu-ray player. The LOD offered to give the guest 20 dollars off for any misunderstanding but that wasn't good enough.

Where is the line? The guest is not always right and I refuse to cater to them when it's wrong. I'm not going to accept expired coupons or fake ones. I'm not going to do a price change over 30 dollars without a really good reason. And I'm not going to return something that you don't have a receipt for and or we no longer sell. It's not happening.

Because when things go back to normal and they will, we're not going to have any rules or integrity left.

Last edited:
I have to say it's sooooo annoying when I'm really busy in electronics & the GSTL says this DVD is ringing $12.99 & guest said it was $9.99 can you check price. Just change it! Jeez. Don't stop up the register & have me leave my guests to go check. It's 99% of the time under $10.

Well we got more e-mails from the district heads. Looks like the "Just say yes" policy is the new norm. Time for another round of district managers doing "secrete shopping."

Yes at least out west. My store got busted badly. Our DTL who has been in our store a lot since he is still kind of new to our district, got totally ignored one Sunday Morning. The secret shopper on Monday got ignored just as bad.. Only upside was one of our ETL's ignored him..

Glad I was not working either day.. Cause the huddle on Tuesday was really interesting.. I almost couldn't hide the smirk, cause if you have met out DTL he's not easy to miss..

Just heard we will soon be starting a "new" rollout involving empowerment. I wonder why it's taking so long to implement it at my store.

About two weeks ago my ETL-GE came down to help a GS TM and authorized a return of 5 seasons of True Blood all opened. I don't know about you but that kinda made me mad. Just totally disregarded copyright policies because the guest didn't understand why those policies are like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back