Archived K-mart's $200 PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyMonday

Starbucks TL
Last night I had a guest come in try to price match a PS4 to k-mart's.com. K-mart's.com has the PS4 for $200(50% off). I told the guest we don't PM K-mart.com and the guest got angry and showed me a picture of receipt from another target that did. So I told the guest if I can verify the price and it's still available on K-mart.com I would PM it, of course it's sold out on their website. K-mart.com has the PS4 and new 3DS for 50% off and both are sold out online. Just a heads up if you haven't had a guest try to PM it yet.

Dang. I wish I had known about this sale earlier!

A lady tried to PM an Office Max ad the other day. And not only that - she wanted to PM 10 like items. I shrugged and told her sorry with a smile. People are ridiculous.

Yeah I got four phone calls in a four hour shift about this deal. I explained that we don't price match Kmart unless the sale is on a newspaper printed add and all the other caveats. Three were all understanding but that third one try to lay into me that other have got this deal and I didn't know what I was doing. I told the guest it's against corporate policy to match that particular sale but if there's a Target in the area that PM'ed it already, you can try that location but I can't do it here. I mentioned it to our GE-ETL and they said they would pass the word to the other Service Desk TMs.

Not mine, from SD...
arH5aGR.jpg

:confused:

Kmart is getting rid of their games section, so I'd expect to see a few more crazy "deals" like this. I put deals in quotes as basically every time I have seen something like this from Kmart the product has never been in stock. Heck if you search for PS4, or even click on PS4 consoles you won't get this page, from what I have seen there is no way to navigate to that page without a link. The only people who I have seen get this deal have tricked stores into price matching Kmart.

As long as you stick to the price match policy (aka verify the item is in stock and we never price match Kmart.com) you should be fine.

Target has a right to limit price matches, at LOD or AP discretion.

The real issue here is they are sold out. We don't price match sold out/unavailable items.

Kmart is selling those consoles at a considerable loss. For that console they normally sell for $400 they probably paid $360 for. No wonder they are broke. Although it's likely their inventory to begin with was hardly anything.

had a friend post this on facebook earlier. got the price match deal plus 10% off on cartwheel

what's service desk training?

brSjfc9.png

Apparently when I got in for the Sunday close shift at GS, the LOD had been fielding calls all day asking if we price match Kmart. The closest one is an hour away, it's not in stock online and we don't like Kmart was their reasoning lol.

Wait....kmart exists still?

What exactly are the rules for PM anyway? I know the PM App only offers Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target.com, and Toys R Us. Do we PM any other websites? Or only print adds?

Which, by the way, how do these stores PM Kmart? I was told we can never PM something going off of the guest's phone. We have to find it on our devices. And upc and model numbers have to be identical.

Last edited:
Wait....kmart exists still?

What exactly are the rules for PM anyway? I know the PM App only offers Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target.com, and Toys R Us. Do we PM any other websites? Or only print adds?

Which, by the way, how do these stores PM Kmart? I was told we can never PM something going off of the guest's phone. We have to find it on our devices. And upc and model numbers have to be identical.
BB, Amazon, Walmart, TRU/Baby R Us and then whatever the LOD feels like approving. I've had mine approve Lowes and Home Depot before because of grills we had but the guest wanted that 5%.

Never had to PM print ads, but these deals probably aren't in whatever lame circular KMart has.

BB, Amazon, Walmart, TRU/Baby R Us and then whatever the LOD feels like approving. I've had mine approve Lowes and Home Depot before because of grills we had but the guest wanted that 5%.

Never had to PM print ads, but these deals probably aren't in whatever lame circular KMart has.

I rarely do print ads. I only remember doing so once, and that's just because it was recent. It was a Sears ad for a vacuum. Wait....Sears still exists too?!

I think the only stores we flat out won't do are Costco and Sam's because they're club prices. Meaning customers pay for a membership to get those deals. I'm all for price matching other websites, but it's annoying because I've found some websites don't load properly on the iPad at GS. I'm assuming due to some sort of filter meant to prohibit people from using social media on store devices?

Kmart is getting rid of their games section, so I'd expect to see a few more crazy "deals" like this. I put deals in quotes as basically every time I have seen something like this from Kmart the product has never been in stock. Heck if you search for PS4, or even click on PS4 consoles you won't get this page, from what I have seen there is no way to navigate to that page without a link. The only people who I have seen get this deal have tricked stores into price matching Kmart.

As long as you stick to the price match policy (aka verify the item is in stock and we never price match Kmart.com) you should be fine.

Why they finna remove their games thy gonna make no money

I rarely do print ads. I only remember doing so once, and that's just because it was recent. It was a Sears ad for a vacuum. Wait....Sears still exists too?!

I think the only stores we flat out won't do are Costco and Sam's because they're club prices. Meaning customers pay for a membership to get those deals. I'm all for price matching other websites, but it's annoying because I've found some websites don't load properly on the iPad at GS. I'm assuming due to some sort of filter meant to prohibit people from using social media on store devices?
Hell, the Walmart.com website doesn't load properly, forcing me to use my phone. I heavily dislike that.

What if the item on amazon.com is owned by a different company but fulfilled by amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back