Archived keys. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: Fixture room locked!?? :eek:

Good grief how does any one get anything down if they need shelves, railings, hooks etc... Good grief... The door never closes on it here.
Every time I deep clean we lock it over the weekend...any lod who leaves it unlocked gets serious grief if it's messy come Monday...they can trash it in under a day.

Truth. However, everyone soon realized that locking the fixture room results in the doorway being blocked by tubs/carts of shelves that people dumped because screw waiting 10 minutes for an ETL to come unlock it for us.

At my store, AP would get mad because that would mean blocking the fire exit. Of course, since our fixture room is always open, our TPS just moves things from the fire aisle into the fixture room. :mad:

Sometimes that's the only way to keep the fixture room from becoming a death trap.

That may be true, but the fixture room has the only PC to print signs for TM(s), at least here, and so unlocking/locking/unlocking that... oh that ain't happening.....

Every time I deep clean we lock it over the weekend...any lod who leaves it unlocked gets serious grief if it's messy come Monday...they can trash it in under a day.

Again, I see the "trash" that accumulates in ours from all sorts of things.. and our PC team uses it to "park" their carts of crap as well which makes it even more of a mess... but as above, this is the place to print signs, create TPC's etc. for our TM...

And at least on truck days I can tell you who would have to run to unlock/lock/unlock that thing.. and that plain and simply ain't happening, Period. Our original POGTL (It was NOT PPTL, then) was pretty adamant about beating in PUT IT AWAY, PROPERLY! OR ELSE! BAWWAHHAAA! :)

Truth. However, everyone soon realized that locking the fixture room results in the doorway being blocked by tubs/carts of shelves that people dumped because screw waiting 10 minutes for an ETL to come unlock it for us.

Exactly! They would be pile up in carts, tubs, flats, and probably just thrown on the floor! I know if I had to wait around for that process of unlock/lock/unlock.... KABLAM! Dropped on the floor! No TM has time for that crap! And I am not running back and forth for this unlock/lock nonsense 20x a minute. Nope, ain't happening.

At my store, AP would get mad because that would mean blocking the fire exit. Of course, since our fixture room is always open, our TPS just moves things from the fire aisle into the fixture room. :mad:

Bingo! You want to watch a flip out in action, leave crap in the fire alley(s)... It is now mantra here that this stuff has to be checked, often. You better not be the person who lets their team block the fire alley(s) for anything... Absolutely bad idea... The Fire Marshall here is a jerk, regardless of what the law is, it has to be 100% CLEAR 100% of the time. Period. They would probably have an alarm setup that would trigger an alarm at the station to send a truck if they could! Park a flat there for a second to move something.! EEEENN...OOOTTT.. Truck 51, respond fire alarm Target... Trust me they would here....

Bingo! You want to watch a flip out in action, leave crap in the fire alley(s)... It is now mantra here that this stuff has to be checked, often. You better not be the person who lets their team block the fire alley(s) for anything... Absolutely bad idea... The Fire Marshall here is a jerk, regardless of what the law is, it has to be 100% CLEAR 100% of the time. Period. They would probably have an alarm setup that would trigger an alarm at the station to send a truck if they could! Park a flat there for a second to move something.! EEEENN...OOOTTT.. Truck 51, respond fire alarm Target... Trust me they would here....
If you want to give the marshall an aneurysm send them on over to my store. Our fire aisles are constantly obstructed. Two routinely have pallets stored there and the third is currently hosting a flat of tensabarriers. It's almost as if they want people to die. I gave up trying to move them because people keep putting them back, maybe I should send in an anonymous tip.

If there were doors on our fixture room and they were locked, there would be no way to get out in an emergency because I have no doubt people would leave their crap in front of the door.

Last edited:
That may be true, but the fixture room has the only PC to print signs for TM(s), at least here, and so unlocking/locking/unlocking that... oh that ain't happening.....

Again, I see the "trash" that accumulates in ours from all sorts of things.. and our PC team uses it to "park" their carts of crap as well which makes it even more of a mess... but as above, this is the place to print signs, create TPC's etc. for our TM...

And at least on truck days I can tell you who would have to run to unlock/lock/unlock that thing.. and that plain and simply ain't happening, Period. Our original POGTL (It was NOT PPTL, then) was pretty adamant about beating in PUT IT AWAY, PROPERLY! OR ELSE! BAWWAHHAAA! :)

Exactly! They would be pile up in carts, tubs, flats, and probably just thrown on the floor! I know if I had to wait around for that process of unlock/lock/unlock.... KABLAM! Dropped on the floor! No TM has time for that crap! And I am not running back and forth for this unlock/lock nonsense 20x a minute. Nope, ain't happening.

For our store the tsc computers and the tl office computers have label and sign printing capabilities. As does the receiving computer. You just have to be smarter than the average tm...

For our store the tsc computers and the tl office computers have label and sign printing capabilities. As does the receiving computer. You just have to be smarter than the average tm...
Your store keeps all of the different blank label/sign types in 3+ different locations?

No computers in ETL, TL office/office area except the STL office. We have 3 to share amongst TM/TL/ETL for all things in TSC, Thats it.

No supplies to print in TSC, unless you bring them, and then they are left in the printer, same with the receivers computer. You have to take supplies. The supplies for which are in the fixture room! :)

So locking that door in my store, ain't happening, and if we did.. It would unlocked immediately when I walked in and left that way!

Every 5 minutes the SL girls are in there rummaging through stuff for some wonder hook to hang something up. Which is a waste as the guests just throw back on the floor anyway.

I fully understand the collection of garbage that piles up there, but locking it, means it piles up in front, in the fire alley. There would be blood...

If you want to give the marshall an aneurysm send them on over to my store. Our fire aisles are constantly obstructed. Two routinely have pallets stored there and the third is currently hosting a flat of tensabarriers. It's almost as if they want people to die. I gave up trying to move them because people keep putting them back, maybe I should send in an anonymous tip.

I'll send my APETL and the FM right over. Trust me. That stroke them both out! Absolutely not going to happen here. Fire door patrol is du rigeour ici!

If there were doors on our fixture room and they were locked, there would be no way to get out in an emergency because I have no doubt people would leave their crap in front of the door.

Thats exactly what would happen....

:eek: Fixture room locked!?? :eek:

Good grief how does any one get anything down if they need shelves, railings, hooks etc... Good grief... The door never closes on it here.

I always lock it when I am pissed off (which is almost always when I leave for the day). My Fixture room keys have Wave/Compactor/Baler/Crown keys. I get a kick out of hearing "Can someone open the fixture room" while I walk to the time clock after I had it open all day putting other peoples shelves/peg hooks/Random crap away for half my shift.

It makes me feel good to know I can inconvenience someone, even slightly, after I was inconvenienced for half my entire shift. (Keeping the fixture room locked is best practice, so I know I will never get in trouble for it either).

I always lock it when I am pissed off (which is almost always when I leave for the day). My Fixture room keys have Wave/Compactor/Baler/Crown keys. I get a kick out of hearing "Can someone open the fixture room" while I walk to the time clock after I had it open all day putting other peoples shelves/peg hooks/Random crap away for half my shift.

It makes me feel good to know I can inconvenience someone, even slightly, after I was inconvenienced for half my entire shift. (Keeping the fixture room locked is best practice, so I know I will never get in trouble for it either).
You have fixture room keys? I got jipped. Although I did manage to nab a wav key...

My Fixture room keys
Where the hell did you get those from? When our fixture room is locked, we are at a loss for how to open it, and even the ETLs have trouble finding the correct key. Our electronics key, which opens most locks (including the key box), doesn't even open that door.

Where the hell did you get those from? When our fixture room is locked, we are at a loss for how to open it, and even the ETLs have trouble finding the correct key. Our electronics key, which opens most locks (including the key box), doesn't even open that door.
It sounds like someone grabbed a padlock with a key from the salesfloor & used that to secure the door.

Seems like someone cleaned out our Fixture Room and it is now locked. It won't last the weekend, because people are just gonna dump their crap in front of the door. They even did that when it was unlocked.

Ha. Fire aisle clear. Wish that were the case at my store, no we just have blocked fire aisles and some of our BR fire extinguishers are constantly blocked by vendor pallets.

Our electronics key, which opens most locks (including the key box), doesn't even open that door.

Interestingly enough, our electronics keys open the display cases, the lockup, the padlock on the cage, the locks in Jewelry, some random cabinet in TSC, and the fixture room. When we locked our fixture room and electronics was the closest department to said fixture room, the fact that our electronics keys opened it became the store's most well-hidden secret.

Equipment control was a big issue at my store when I got here. One night our AP ETL went through every locker and found 7 of our missing MyDevices. 3 Missing PDAs and a few walkies. All people who hide them so they can have one on their shift. Now we're only missing 2 mydevices and a couple walkies.

I gave my team a week to try to sign stuff in and out and no one did it right. So now at the beginning of our LOD shifts we have a little system on the "master grid" the opening LOD will go through and use W/M/P next to names to determine who needs what equipment.

That person will get a # assigned to them that day. We carry around a copy of the original morning grid that day so if we see someone with a mydevice who shouldn't have one we will know.
Honestly its not that we're that low, it's just from people hiding them or taking them who don't need them. We have cashiers who would take mydevices. A big part of this was keeping flow team from having all the mydevices and then our sales floor team/ fitting room/electronics either didnt have one or didn't have a charged one.

Now we alot a few mydevices to flow them so that they can have one in each area they're working but each flow tm doesn't need one. The system has benefited PDAs immensely, we have 8 pdas but still wouldn't be able to get 4 together for the BR TMs because people who should be using mydevices would take them.

Its crappy we had to do "assigned" equipment but it has worked. Still awaiting a fresh walkie order so we can quit running out of walkies every day.

for keys, we assign those at the beginning of the day and the GSTL/GSA hands them out.

Now we alot a few mydevices to flow them so that they can have one in each area they're working but each flow tm doesn't need one. The system has benefited PDAs immensely, we have 8 pdas but still wouldn't be able to get 4 together for the BR TMs because people who should be using mydevices would take them.

On a few occasions I have come in for my BR Closing shift to find no PDAs in the cabinet with 3-4 salesfloor TMs with one, while there are several fully charged myDevices. YOU DON'T NEED A PDA. Literally, the only function you use on a PDA is Item Search. Just because you prefer using a PDA doesn't mean you can take them all and deprive other departments of their necessary equipment.

Equipment control was a big issue at my store when I got here. One night our AP ETL went through every locker and found 7 of our missing MyDevices. 3 Missing PDAs and a few walkies. All people who hide them so they can have one on their shift. Now we're only missing 2 mydevices and a couple walkies.

I gave my team a week to try to sign stuff in and out and no one did it right. So now at the beginning of our LOD shifts we have a little system on the "master grid" the opening LOD will go through and use W/M/P next to names to determine who needs what equipment.

That person will get a # assigned to them that day. We carry around a copy of the original morning grid that day so if we see someone with a mydevice who shouldn't have one we will know.
Honestly its not that we're that low, it's just from people hiding them or taking them who don't need them. We have cashiers who would take mydevices. A big part of this was keeping flow team from having all the mydevices and then our sales floor team/ fitting room/electronics either didnt have one or didn't have a charged one.

Its crappy we had to do "assigned" equipment but it has worked. Still awaiting a fresh walkie order so we can quit running out of walkies every day.

for keys, we assign those at the beginning of the day and the GSTL/GSA hands them out.

Everything about this sounds amazing and I wish my store did this.

Weird, it's the GSTL key that unlocks key box here. GSTL key set is also the only set that unlocks the cabinet ith PDA's/walkies/myDevices aside from the key each Sr. TL/ETL has.

We had a set of electronics keys go missing (sub-master +s3) for two entire weeks, and even AP was at a loss where to look. I found them stuck to the bottom of a shower caddy in domestics because my ADHD brain went "ooo, shiny object- wait, that's not supposed to be shiny". At my store, you're required to sign keys out, and if you lose them, it's grounds for termination depending on what those keys unlock.

At my store salesfloor has to pull their own batches and backstock their own backstock from setting sales plans. So yes, we need PDAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back