Archived Kronos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to use Branch. Question, is there an easy way to add your shifts? The picture feature just adds a pic I can reference but doesn't add the shifts to the calendar. Do you have to manually add the shifts?

This will be the only drawback.

HR has to upload the shifts as an excel file. Branch then coverts the excel file into regular shifts.

Edit just read the above post. That's dumb HR isn't uploading the shifts anymore.

can I have that? Alternately, can you code it for Google home so I could feed it into that too. (I don't have the time because most of my days off are me having health issues so its watching TV not being productive like I would like)
Honestly, I have no desire to write something that's production ready. I might host the source code, but it needs to be cleaned up before I would feel confident enough to post it.

Edit just read the above post. That's dumb HR isn't uploading the shifts anymore.

I suspect it's because they would have to keep uploading it every time they needed to change the schedule, so I kinda get it, but yeah. Right now if you go to the "schedule" tab it shows all shifts available to cover, in line items by date, and the "coverage" tab has the the color-coded squares.

I miss being able to see who I'll be working with ahead of time. And the sync with my phone's calendar.

That also sounds reasonably antique.

Right so pretty much they have two apps that needs features from the other. KRONOS grabs your schedule off of My time. Branch does everything else but that smh.

Edit: So I took a screenshot of my schedule in Kronos and added it to Branch. It took a while but it eventually added the shifts (after I already manually added everything). I'll test it some more.

Last edited:
We talked about Branch in huddle last night, and our ETL confirmed that the reason schedule-to-branch went away is because it needed to be uploaded manually, so when schedule changes happen outside of swap shifts in Branch, it's not reflected there and TMs would get confused and not show up when they were officially scheduled because it wasn't in Branch. Despite being told repeatedly that the schedule posting in Branch is not official and they need to look at the paper schedule/myTime.

Presumably if Target decides to roll Branch out company-wide it will include an API to sync the schedules automatically (I'm actually shocked this hasn't happened already, if Branch wants to get the company-wide contract. Though Branch may have an API but it's the Target side that's dragging their feet on integration).

We talked about Branch in huddle last night, and our ETL confirmed that the reason schedule-to-branch went away is because it needed to be uploaded manually, so when schedule changes happen outside of swap shifts in Branch, it's not reflected there and TMs would get confused and not show up when they were officially scheduled because it wasn't in Branch. Despite being told repeatedly that the schedule posting in Branch is not official and they need to look at the paper schedule/myTime.

Presumably if Target decides to roll Branch out company-wide it will include an API to sync the schedules automatically (I'm actually shocked this hasn't happened already, if Branch wants to get the company-wide contract. Though Branch may have an API but it's the Target side that's dragging their feet on integration).

What really makes me laugh is how easy it would be then to integrate with popular calendar applications. Google's Calendar API literally is built around making it easy to be integrated with.

Yes, Branch syncs with iCloud easily enough, but I can't speak to others.

The problem is that Target's scheduling system doesn't talk to Branch, requiring someone to manually upload a spreadsheet to Branch, so any post-upload changes won't show up in Branch.

Because I'm a gigantic nerd, I looked for support/API documentation on Branch's website. Didn't find anything, which is odd, but from their job listing page it looks like they may do custom app integrations vs. just providing an API. Funnily enough, they mention Target front & center on their "retail" page, but the whole "ability for people to manage their own schedules" thing seems a bit overblown, Danielle: Branch Messenger - Retail Solutions - http://www.branchmessenger.com/retail/

Because I'm a gigantic nerd, I looked for support/API documentation on Branch's website. Didn't find anything, which is odd, but from their job listing page it looks like they may do custom app integrations vs. just providing an API. Funnily enough, they mention Target front & center on their "retail" page, but the whole "ability for people to manage their own schedules" thing seems a bit overblown, Danielle: Branch Messenger - Retail Solutions - http://www.branchmessenger.com/retail/
There’s an option on their main page to live chat. Anyone want to ask if they are planning integration (auto update) with target’s system?

If you search around you'll see news articles from a few months back about them expanding and wanting to start working on better integration with employer systems.

I went on the website and chatted online with someone they said they are integrated with Target. Seems like they overstated that one!

Last edited:
I can confirm taking a screenshot of your schedule on Kronos and uploading to Branch syncs it to the calendar.

Ok so I requested to pick up a shift yesterday. The shift fell off the available shifts list but I still don’t see it reflected in my schedule. It also says “submitted” but no action seems to have been taken.

How long does it take for KRonos shift swaps to happen?

Ok so I requested to pick up a shift yesterday. The shift fell off the available shifts list but I still don’t see it reflected in my schedule. It also says “submitted” but no action seems to have been taken.

How long does it take for KRonos shift swaps to happen?
HR or your ETL has to approve it. I’d ask them to do so.

My store just got setup with Kronos...haven't noticed anybody using it yet. Hopefully there will be so I can pick up some shifts.

We've had it for like...6 months and I've never seen a shift posted on it. I'm overnights, so we don't have many shifts posted anyway...but I don't know of anyone that has used it yet. We have a shift swap book still (we didn't have one when we were using Branch).

Edit: I should add I use it often to check my schedule, timecard, etc. Just never for shift swaps.

Took our store a couple months before people started posting shifts. Its ok the swap board was alot easier for tms. Global open shifts never seem to show for hr so they manually put in the shifts we take. Swaps work pretty well once qpproved but you still gotta be on hr or stl to approve them :/ really jot much differnt than the paper except you can see shifts at home

I've used it to pick up a shift before but I had to let an HR TM know because no one checks it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back