Archived Latest rumor at my store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's better to just have the stupid stores stay open and not close for any time on Thanksgiving Day. It's pointless and probably a loss of sales too. It's a beating for my family because certain people get so bent out of shape that they have to drive 10 miles to go to my parents' house on Thanksgiving. 10 damn miles and you complain? Are you kidding me? Now if it was like an hour or two drive or out of state then I can understand your beef but 10 miles? Where are Commander Riker and Captain Picard when you need them?:p

Kmart's been open on thanksgiving for like 20 years. I think they used to close between that and the actual black friday sale thing, though. They were open so you could buy your like last minute can of cranberry sauce and napkins because you forgot you were on cranberry sauce and napkins until the last minute when you woke up and thought "wait, was I supposed to be bringing something?"

So much greed OMG I am so sick of this world now!

When will civilization realize money and things can't buy happiness?

If you don't value friends and family more as the most happiest moment in life, I pity you!!! The sad truth is, I know there are a lot of these types of people. :/

I am thinking of boycotting!

Last edited:
It's definitely going to be 6PM this year, if not 7. Macy's announced they're opening 2 hrs earlier this year, which lands them at 6PM as well. Target's most likely gonna keep up with them unfortunately. :(

So much greed OMG I am so sick of this world now!

When will civilization realize money and things can't buy happiness?

If you don't value friends and family more as the most happiest moment in life, I pity you!!! The sad truth is, I know there are a lot of these types of people. :/

I am thinking of leaving retail.

The only thing I dislike is having long shifts and going home at the crack of dawn ( hey that's me) I am go to bed person at 11 PM or 12 and I like working black fridays but somehow somehow they always schedule me on thanksgiving and I wind up feeling blah but again that's just me lol

I want to leave retail for a long time, but most better jobs need a degree and more...

I am working towards that I guess, but at this time I am unfortunately a person who made a HUGE mistake on neglecting school while I was younger now I am paying the price for it. :/

I hate to say it, but it's gonna take a lot more than just you boycotting to make a difference. For every one person who complains about the idea of Black Friday, there are about 250 waiting in line at 6AM on Thanksgiving.

Signatures were just delivered to Target HQ in Minneapolis. Some exec in a fancy suit came downstairs for a minute to grab them. Spouted some BS that Target cares deeply about team members. Also, he said that all TM's were asked if they wanted to work on Thanksgiving. I, personally, was not asked, nor were any of the friends I have talked to at stores in four different states across the country. In fact, I was told that we are not allowed to switch shifts because ETL's put a lot of time and effort into constructing the schedule.
welcome to the breakroom!
i saw your story in the usa today. do you know if anyone ask the exec if he was working on thursday?
From the change.org petition

My one friend has a telemarketing job ( he likes it) now I admit I would rather put up with lack of hrs, BF, etc than deal with Telemarketing. I actually hang up on those kind of people..... Imagine doing it...... I always nod when he says how much he loves it and how wonderful the pay is when in reality I want to say I hate telemarketing lol. They have tons of jobs for Telemarketing around here and I do mean tons.......

This will be my first year out of Target in 7 years (thankfully it's only been the last 3-4? that they've been doing these obnoxious opening times). Don't worry, I won't be one of those people waiting in line outside of your store. I will be having a very firm policy of no shopping at any stores during the holidays that open at any time during Thanksgiving.

I empathize with all of you because I was there at one point too. For those that enjoy it, good for you but for those that want out? Keep looking, if I can make it out after 7 years, you can do it too.

^^Not my current STL, who doesn't do sales floor work. Lines can be out the door, nope calls for more back up. Or ignores it.

My store is taking a truck on Thanksgiving. My ETL said he's prepping his crowd management plan for a 6pm start time. I work in a super and finding out we're going to be taking a truck during all of that madness just makes me laugh.

I can't even get mad or think about how much suck it's going to be. I just laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back