Archived Leaders looking at AP cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any other stores “Leaders” look at the cameras to coach and write team members up?
Lately this has been happening at my store

Sometimes AP let's TMs/TLs in the office to spy on other TMs doing embarrassing things, or have a good laugh. Seems like a huge no-no, right??

Sometimes AP let's TMs/TLs in the office to spy on other TMs doing embarrassing things, or have a good laugh. Seems like a huge no-no, right??
Yeah, depends on the circumstances, but generally this shouldn't be allowed. That said, AP can coach for safety based on footage alone.

I've always been instructed that we can't coach off the video. The exception is of a TM challenges the coaching and asks for the tapes to be reviewed then you can coach off everything as part of that review process.

Pretty sure that's illegal.

Pretty much nothing is illegal in the US as far as labor laws* go, so I'd be surprised. Maybe some states have made it illegal, but I'd still be surprised.

*ETA: At least as labor laws address coaching by your employer, which is not at all, to my knowledge. I don't think even firing based on camera footage would be illegal in most places.

Last edited:
We don’t coach off video.

AP has let us know if something crazy is going on so we can keep an eye out.

Pretty sure that's illegal.
Not illegal. Just against policy.

If it was illegal, there would be no AP.

Leaders watched video all the time in my store. They couldn’t coach off of it, but it just provided insights into who they should keep an eye on.

Etls can get around that by using ap. Ours has ap go to 5 (all our etls have ap walkies) and they tell them which tms they arr watching and to call them when they are doing things they can be written up for. Our tl of sales floor doesnt do that though since she doesnt have and ap walkie she sits in there and watches tms then calls them to the ap office to caoch them. Our store is a special kind of messed up though from what I know this is completely against policy still

Etls can get around that by using ap. Ours has ap go to 5 (all our etls have ap walkies) and they tell them which tms they arr watching and to call them when they are doing things they can be written up for. Our tl of sales floor doesnt do that though since she doesnt have and ap walkie she sits in there and watches tms then calls them to the ap office to caoch them. Our store is a special kind of messed up though from what I know this is completely against policy still
Our ETLs asked us to give them a call if we saw a TM slacking. Out ETL-AP said sure, after he got off the mic, he said “Fuck em. We arnt doing that shit”

No one other than AP should be checking footage but you can definitely partner with your AP to check in on your team under preforming. I’ve had AP verify long breaks or keep an eye on my cart attendants for me.

Yea - they don't have anything to do, anyway.

Every time I do something like climb the steel slightly in order to reach something just out of reach, I feel like someone is going to see on the camera and talk to me about safety.

But I always figure that if we're gonna have so much shit piled up in the backroom that there's absolutely no way I'd get a ladder into the space I need it, than the safety issue is really THEIRS.

Do any other stores “Leaders” look at the cameras to coach and write team members up?
Lately this has been happening at my store
It’s against policy to coach of the camera , however I termed a team member of it. So let me explain the circumstances it was q4 and this team never was assigned to push a flatbed of seasonal . The line was set and nothing was on the skate track . I left for the day assuming he would finish that flatbed before he went home which he had about 2 hours left of his shift. The overnight etl log was mad that the line was full and they had to separate it to the unload pallet. The next day I took a look at the camera this tm took the flat out as I was leaving and 5 minutes went back to the backroom and put it all on the line . I was instructed by my stl to coach him as he was on a final. I never mentioned the camera so I asked what happened and if he did it . He flat out lie. My next line was “ you have been observed doing it “.

It’s against policy to coach of the camera , however I termed a team member of it. So let me explain the circumstances it was q4 and this team never was assigned to push a flatbed of seasonal . The line was set and nothing was on the skate track . I left for the day assuming he would finish that flatbed before he went home which he had about 2 hours left of his shift. The overnight etl log was mad that the line was full and they had to separate it to the unload pallet. The next day I took a look at the camera this tm took the flat out as I was leaving and 5 minutes went back to the backroom and put it all on the line . I was instructed by my stl to coach him as he was on a final. I never mentioned the camera so I asked what happened and if he did it . He flat out lie. My next line was “ you have been observed doing it “.
Wtf was he doing instead of pushing the flat??

Lol at my store we're boycotting our ETL-AP with the hotline basically for doing this. At least 8 people and I are reporting his ass because he has the TLs coaching A LOT of TMs for apparently "not doing guest service" even though at my store they already told us we don't have to acknowledge every guest like some months ago. We're all fed up already with lots of investigation on him, now from all of the sudden the coachings have stopped who knows why? lol

Last edited:
If I ever found out that I was being watched because they think I'm a slacker (I'm not) and not because everyone needs to be watched to prevent shrinkage, I would make sure there would be plenty of shots of me digging my underwear out of my butt or picking my nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back