Archived Letting family members use discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target has much bigger issues that need to be corrected than employee discount abuse. If target does worry about this, which I doubt, maybe they should treat employees better and stop paying slave wages.

Oh boo hoo. Troll troll troll

The term slave wages is an oxymoron. Slaves dont get paid.

If you don't like how Target treats you then quit.

There was a thread a while back about paychecks and hourly wages. I clearly make less than many people. But my starting hourly wage was equal to my previous place of employment, and my starting hourly wage there was higher than many other coworkers. And there we were working with real estate, running transactions for hundreds or even thousands of dollars and had full access to customers' confidential information. Information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, previous addresses, bank account and routing numbers....pretty much everything needed to commit identity theft.

So I'm being paid exactly the same to fold some shirts that I was being paid to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and to put up with being screamed at by sales staff and customers alike over thousands of dollars. I'm being paid more to fold some shirts than my coworkers were being paid for the same duties. Other people now are being paid more than I am now to fold some shirts. I'm not really feeling the "slave wages" part.

Why make fun of me? I'm sorry, but I disagree with the group on this issue.
I find it really hard to believe anyone has ever been fired over the small employee discount we get, but you guys can feel free to spread the bs and try to scare.
Target isn't forcing anyone to work for them. You agree to follow the company policies in place when you accept the position. If you don't agree with it, find somewhere else to work.

With that said, just last week I interviewed a TM that was heavily abusing their discount. Friends, family, pretty much everybody they knew. They were termed. So yes it happens.

I find it really hard to believe anyone has ever been fired over the small employee discount we get, but you guys can feel free to spread the bs and try to scare.

I can tell you for a fact that employees do get fired for illegitimately letting others use their discount.

ASANTS, blah blah, etc etc. Maybe it's higher-priority in my district, or it's usually connected with other internal theft, but...

...why take the risk?

re: That stupid Aunt Susie thing:

If a non-eligible family member or friend gives me any amount of money, it's my money. Target has no way of knowing if what I'm buying is being reimbursed or not unless (like an idiot) I tell them.

Exactly. Unless you run your mouth, it could just as easily be Aunt Suzie paying you very well for chores performed and you in turn buying her a nice thank you present.

re: That stupid Aunt Susie thing:

If a non-eligible family member or friend gives me any amount of money, it's my money. Target has no way of knowing if what I'm buying is being reimbursed or not unless (like an idiot) I tell them.

This.

I have several people who often give me money so I can buy them things (Electronics like Playstations, Xboxs, cosmetics, vacuums, even bug stuff like a grill etc etc). Expensive stuff, and I use my discount.

How the hell will they even know about this? And also I'm always the one who pays for the stuff. Nobody but me has the discount card. I've never gotten another card for anybodye else. So can I really get in trouble for this? Again how will they find out?

Last edited:
This.

I have several people who often give me money so I can buy them things (Electronics like Playstations, Xboxs, cosmetics, vacuums, even bug stuff like a grill etc etc). Expensive stuff, and I use my discount.

How the hell will they even know about this? And also I'm always the one who pays for the stuff. Nobody but me has the discount card. I've never gotten another card for anybodye else. So can I really get in trouble for this? Again how will they find out?

I hope Joel isn't your real name.

How the hell will they even know about this? A

If they return it. We had a tm who would buy consoles and sell them on craigslist for profit (mind you they have a serial number that is also scanned). AP caught on and he was terminated

How the hell will they even know about this?
I'm sure they'd get suspicious of a low-wage TM making countless high-dollar purchases with cash.
But, as HRZone pointed out, if someone's big screen goes out & they try to return or exchange the item it could draw some unwanted attention.

I'm sure they'd get suspicious of a low-wage TM making countless high-dollar purchases with cash.
But, as HRZone pointed out, if someone's big screen goes out & they try to return or exchange the item it could draw some unwanted attention.

If they were ballsy enough to question me on it, I would just say I had another job. Which i personally do but I'm saying even if you don't have a second job, let them think you do. And yeah, if they don't want it or if something is wrong with it, make sure you do the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back