Archived Lifetime discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you hear this from?
As far as I know, there is no lifetime discount. Discount ends as soon as you quit Target.

On the bright side, you'd probably get a lovely 10 year anniversary card from Target. whoo hoooo!!!!

:'(

Last edited:
From targetpayandbenefits.com info page.
Retiree Discount and Retirement Gift

1. You may be eligible for the Target retiree discount privilege, as well as a retirement gift, if you meet all of the following criteria:❏❏ Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company.

❏❏ Have 10 years of credited and continuous service, starting after your latest hire date. A year

of credited service is a calendar year in which you were paid for 1,000 or more hours. (If you were age 45 or older and an active team member on December 31, 2002, five years of credited and continuous service will qualify under the grandfathered rule. Note: If you left the company and were rehired January 1, 2003 or after, you need to meet the 10-year eligibility rules.)

If you are eligible for a retirement gift, you will receive information in the mail approximately two months after your retirement date.
page3image14384
page3image14468

How is that signing away your soul?

A coworker, well former, must have slipped through the processing with this one. They were there between 10 and 15 years and are under 45 and got it.

As HLM said, you must be at least 55 yrs old & have worked at least 10 yrs credited (1000+ hrs for the yr).
I looked into it (13+ yrs) but my first 4 yrs I was PT so I have to keep up my hrs for another yr (or 2 to be safe).
There's a TL that has been with spot for almost 20 yrs (high school hire) but she's a long way from being able to retire.

Well....got the work time in more than 10.....but need about 2 years on the retirement part.

If I were to work part time for the remaining 2 years (say 12 -15 hours a week).......would I be OK? I mean, except for the last few months when my hours have gone down I still have averaged 33 hours as listed on my pay stub.....so I've got this covered.

However, if they change the rules and if I have to do the "last two" years with the needed 1,000 hours then I might not qualify. For 1,000 hours you need about 84 hours a month.

Hmmm.....I'm just trying to figure out what I would need to do to make it to retirement and the 10% lifetime discount. I know that the life time discount may seem kind of petty, but if I can figure things out, why not try?

Perhaps I might be able to get a full-time job and then work a little each week at Target and then still get the discount..... Any one know the answer to this part of my set of questions?

Gosh, when did I get old enough to start thinking about retirement??!

Last edited:
However, if they change the rules and if I have to do the "last two" years with the needed 1,000 hours then I might not qualify. For 1,000 hours you need about 84 hours a month.
1,000 hours a year is only an average of 19.25 hours a week.

You're both right. It depends on whether you decide by weeks or months.

Up until last Fall I was getting plenty of hours....however our store has bought into the 4 -51/2 shifts......that's why I'm thinking about looking elsewhere. It does appear that I'll be OK with shorter hours....since my first 10+ all have 1,000 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back