Archived Locu Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locu doesn't change the on-floor amount, so it won't know that the shelf is full and the item will likely get pulled in the next CAF or autofill if there's any more backstocked.

So you're not doing anything horribly wrong. It just wastes a few seconds for the BR to pull it again, the PA to push it and see that it's full, and the BR to backstock it.

So what is the best way to pull items for the purpose of stocking the salesfloor?

Every now and then I'll have a guest ask about an item that's empty on the salesfloor so I use SUBT to pull whatever quantity they ask for + a reasonable amount that won't slow me down to refill salesfloor.

Also, I'm at the place now where I finish pulls/pushes and any backstock from the scheduled CAFs fast enough to be able to spend time manually pulling items for a handful of best selling items but dropping ILRs is the only way I know how to drop a batch (which isn't good because it does entire fill group) so I usually just SUBT what I need.

Is there a way to drop a POG batch for just what I need to push to the salesfloor?

So what is the best way to pull items for the purpose of stocking the salesfloor?

Every now and then I'll have a guest ask about an item that's empty on the salesfloor so I use SUBT to pull whatever quantity they ask for + a reasonable amount that won't slow me down to refill salesfloor.

Also, I'm at the place now where I finish pulls/pushes and any backstock from the scheduled CAFs fast enough to be able to spend time manually pulling items for a handful of best selling items but dropping ILRs is the only way I know how to drop a batch (which isn't good because it does entire fill group) so I usually just SUBT what I need.

Is there a way to drop a POG batch for just what I need to push to the salesfloor?
You can scan a POG and do a POG fill. Either find the label which should be at the beginning of the aisle, or type the aisle number (A12) into a mydevice, select the pog for the section, and drop a POG fill all the same. You can also manage inventory and update the floor count from the mydevice, then hit the profile button in the top left, and close out the batch to create a batch under EXF.

Not sure what ILR stands for, but based on context it sounds like a manual batch.. Which usually will all go out but more than just the specific items that you want to fill.

If they are trying to teach you how to LOCU on your first day, they are just trying to cover their own ass. The only reason you need to know LOCU so early is because everyone is making a ton of errors and they want you to LOCU instead of M-DELETE. If someone tells you to LOCU again, ask them why you are doing it. When they say that it fixes errors, tell them piss off and learn to backstock properly.

We are not suppose to use m delete ( at my store). Do I think its right ? No. However, I am not going to argue with my srtl and or etl. I simply do as they instruct me to. The stl knows so I am pretty sure the dtl knows ( or at least suspects stores do it to pad their scrore) .

If they are trying to teach you how to LOCU on your first day, they are just trying to cover their own ass. The only reason you need to know LOCU so early is because everyone is making a ton of errors and they want you to LOCU instead of M-DELETE. If someone tells you to LOCU again, ask them why you are doing it. When they say that it fixes errors, tell them piss off and learn to backstock properly.

I wasn't even taught that the first day, ot happened when i was doing a pull and couldnt find an item so i called over a TM and they told me to m-delete. However, it happened a second time and i asked the brtl about it and thats when he told me to avoid m-delete and just LOCU since we want to keep our score green. I'm a newbie at the BR so im not going to fight over it with my brtl when he's telling me to do it.

For guest pulls, use Subt and chose the option for guest request. If you use Subt but chose damaged product, it won't update the on-floor amount.

The best way to fill the floor when you have a little bit of downtime is by shooting batches with a mydevice. Go out to the salesfloor, scan the shelf label. If there are some in the back, go to manage inventory, scroll over to get more, and type how many you want to pull. When you're finished scanning and want to pull the batch, click the icon on the top left, click on your batch, and close it. It will then drop into the PDA as an EXF batch.

I recommend doing that for items in your bulk stockroom (pets, pet2, papr, bev1, dipr, etc.). The bigger items have the most noticeable holes on the floor, so it makes a big difference to be able to fill those.

My BRLA is 98.5+ consistently and that includes one of the world's worst market teams. weak kids out here.

Hmmm, we were told by our new ETL LOG, when pulling a batch and you scan the location, all items, don't find what it's looking for "Do not use MM delete" ... exit batch, locu, restow, then go back into the batch etc...amazing our br accuracy is 99%...I call it cooking the books...

Hmmm, we were told by our new ETL LOG, when pulling a batch and you scan the location, all items, don't find what it's looking for "Do not use MM delete" ... exit batch, locu, restow, then go back into the batch etc...amazing our br accuracy is 99%...I call it cooking the books...
Yep. Faking metrics. Eventually TMs will break away from doing that, get coached, leave for a job that has better leadership and higher satisfaction, and your new TMs will create so many errors that no one still toggling out of he batch and locuing errors away can finish a batch within goal time.

E2E is going to completely destroy BRLA. There will definitely be too many cooks in the kitchen.
I think there may initially be an impact to it, but it should get back up with proper monitoring and guidance by the BRTL. I'm already planning on looking over reports with my BRTL weekly to make sure we don't see any funny business.

The two that I have planned to come in and start the autos in the morning were flow TMs that already filled the needs of the back room when needed.

How does one address this locu vs mm delete situation, when it's a directive of the ETL Log? Who amazingly with one hand, took us from treading water, to 99%.
Can't wait for our barbecue reward for doing so good. Which just happened to be posted in tsc, prior to Best (fill in the blank) Survey.

Either do what they tell you to, or continue to do it the correct way and be sure you don't screw up so they realize you're doing it.

It will lower the BRLA score, but they shouldn't be able to pin it on you if you don't cause any errors.

If it comes from your ETL, I wouldn't really worry about it. If that's how they want to run a logistics process, it's on them. I might ask your TL what the justification is as it's removing accountability from your backroom, but it's not really worth fighting.

If your store bans M-delete usage and forces you to use LOCU instead, your BRTL and ETL-LOG are weak af and don't know how to hold a team accountable for being wildly inaccurate. Why present a fake product to your DTL and act like it's genuine?

Anathema, I totally agree with this statement. When I was in training every store I went to used this practice just to pad their BRLA%, and tried teaching me to do the same as 'best practice'.. On the reporting, my store looked like one of the worst BRLAs in the district, but once I was placed I quickly learned it's because my TL teaches his team to do it the right way. We're still over 98% consistently, and he follows up with anyone with baffles. I'll take an honest 98% over a manipulated 99% any day. Not shockingly, when you coach the people messing up constantly, things get better in real life, not just on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back