Archived LOD overslept

Status
Not open for further replies.
4am shift and no sign of the morning LOD. We're outside the store freezing our butts off waiting. Some TMs were talking about leaving after 15 minutes. Other ETL showed up to open the store 20 minutes later. Is there an official rule or policy for this type of instance? Some TMs were saying that if the LOD didn't show up and we left, we still got paid for the entire shift. I'm just curious of what would've happen if we would've left. Scheduled LOD showed up about 45 minutes after shift was supposed to start.

No, there is no 15 minute rule. It's a carry over joke from college, I'm sure.

If you leave, don't expect to get paid, and do expect to get coached, at minimum. Gather together in people's cars. Hang out at a close 24 hour restaurant if one is available. See if anyone has any LOD phone number in their phone, and call whoever they can to see if that person can either get there or call someone who can. When you are able to get inside, everyone will need to do a punch correction for the time they should have clocked in (and would have if someone had been there).

But whatever you do, don't leave and expect to get paid for your shift.

At my store we have a 30 minute rule. It hasn't happened lately but in the past people that left were paid for 3 hrs.

We have a thirty minute policy as wel l (.I I am also pretty sure its not my stores policy that its a Target policy). We also have had tms to leave before ( because of a late lod ) and they were paid for three hours. The stl called the people who left and told them she was sorry ( for being late) and that if they wanted to come back in they were more than welcomed to....if not they would be paid for three hours. Just make sure you do a punch correction and all should be fine .

4am shift and no sign of the morning LOD. We're outside the store freezing our butts off waiting. Some TMs were talking about leaving after 15 minutes. Other ETL showed up to open the store 20 minutes later. Is there an official rule or policy for this type of instance? Some TMs were saying that if the LOD didn't show up and we left, we still got paid for the entire shift. I'm just curious of what would've happen if we would've left. Scheduled LOD showed up about 45 minutes after shift was supposed to start.
Call alert One and inform them of the situation. You're required to stay for your entire shift. They will start calling people on the call list. You just do a punch correction for the amount of time you're outside.

the longest wait that our store had was 1hr and 50mins. 4am store our stl got in at 5:50am. that 15mins 30mins rule dont exist in our store. you get paid from whatever mins u waited and left. but you dont get paid th whole shift. why leave? you get paid waiting just to sit outside.

the longest wait that our store had was 1hr and 50mins. 4am store our stl got in at 5:50am. that 15mins 30mins rule dont exist in our store. you get paid from whatever mins u waited and left. but you dont get paid th whole shift. why leave? you get paid waiting just to sit outside.
My state you'd get paid for half your promised shift or something like that. People would leave because it's f'kin cold.

After the dust settles in a couple of days, ask your TL how they want that handled at your store.

You should wait a reasonable amount of time , you will not get coached if you leave , I would love to see someone try to do that to me ,imagine how that would go down at the district office or on the hotline , they want to coach me because an etl can't make it to work on time , believe me they would want to sweep that under the carpet. for me I have waited for two hours one time and I am getting paid for waiting , punch corrections are the order of the day , unfortunately you will not get paid for the frustration.

Yes, etls are humans and even stls as well. Yes, they oversleep, have car trouble, the dog ran away, etc etc, I mean I have been late every now and then as well...so it does happen. As a team member if I am late...then I am late...not a whole team who was at work on time and cant get in the building to do their jobs. I don't get all pissed off when an etl is late and I am outside waiting ...I do get pissed off when the same etl runs tms down when they call out or they are late. Life happens..no one is perfect....that goes for TMS AND ETLS

Last edited:
My ETL-LOG is usually the one who lets me in...

After the past 2 months, I would say I would be even surprised he sleeps. I always make it a point to ask if I can just go home with the PA keys, as I hand them off to him, as literally, he will be handing me them back in 8 hours.

me too , but I only set two alarms , have to say it is very seldom that the opening person is late.

Last I checked ETLs are human (although there's an HL-2 one I'm not sure about) but it's a given that they'd be held to a higher standard.
I'm sure the ETL either had an unforeseen emergency or, barring that, was getting ripped a new one by the STL.

This happened at my old store once.

People are humans. Stuff happens.

At minimum you will be paid for the time you waited outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back