Archived LOD overslept

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's happened once to me. I did a punch correction because I waited 40 minutes outside ready for work. When I was told someone would be there at 4 am

No, there is no 15 minute rule. It's a carry over joke from college, I'm sure.

If you leave, don't expect to get paid, and do expect to get coached, at minimum. Gather together in people's cars. Hang out at a close 24 hour restaurant if one is available. See if anyone has any LOD phone number in their phone, and call whoever they can to see if that person can either get there or call someone who can. When you are able to get inside, everyone will need to do a punch correction for the time they should have clocked in (and would have if someone had been there).

But whatever you do, don't leave and expect to get paid for your shift.

tumblr_inline_nwr49eWadq1ru6ao6_540.png

I did not know this!, thanks something to remember if this happens. ;) Thanks RG

Our store is pretty stringent on following best practice. You do have to stay a certain amount of time. Then if no one else shows up to let you in you are paid for your entire shift. You are also allowed to do a punch correction for the time you waited.

That being said, when I know I am the person who has to let all these other people in for work, I do not sleep well the night before because I am stressed I will over sleep etc. Several alarms are set as well. Yes, everyone is human but you are paid extra to be a responsible human.

The team respects me for that reliability, if I'm not there better call the police because something terrible has happened!0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back