Archived LOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife started at a store at the beginning of July as a softlines team lead and she noticed on the schedule for 2 weeks out that she is listed as Sr TL LOD for 2 days. I take it that's a good sign that they're wanting to put her in charge of a lot more?

Was she hired on as a senior team leader? I believe all Sr. TLs get LOD shifts, it's the difference between tl and sr tl.

Well she applied for a Visual position but they had already filled that so they offered her a TL position (at least she was never told it was a Sr TL position). This is the first time she's seen "Sr." anywhere...

I hope she likes closing, then coming back in the morning.

"Clopening."

I hope she likes closing, then coming back in the morning.

"Clopening."

Yeah she's already had a few shifts like that (one this morning after closing last night actually). Is there a standard length of time they're required to give you off before coming back in? She has one night coming up where she closes at 11:30 and is back in at 6 AM.

I can't imagine what's going through their mind when they schedule someone like that.

I won't tolerate it.

I'd think there would be some sort of catch when the schedule is uploaded that would flag for that (too short of a time window between shifts) but apparently not...

Clopening. A rustic hobbit dance. "We'll be clopening thru the bindle, roun' the spindle, down the way by the Withywindle."
Seriously she should prepare for scant hours between shifts from time to time.

It should be a federal labor law that no hourly employee is to work less than 8 hours between shifts. Clopenings are not natural, and not good for the body.

And if you crash your car for falling asleep at the wheel you have a good case. Against spot..

In my state there should be an 8 hour turn around. It could be a federal law i am not sure.

It should be a federal labor law that no hourly employee is to work less than 8 hours between shifts. Clopenings are not natural, and not good for the body.
It varies state to state, just like hours you work before a meal must be taken, and how many days in a row you can work. Some states have more restrictions then others. Some states, like mine, have no restrictions on hours worked between shifts and numbers of days you can work in a row.

I'd think there would be some sort of catch when the schedule is uploaded that would flag for that (too short of a time window between shifts) but apparently not...

MyTime alerts me when there are less than 8 hours between a shift. In general we avoid it unless the TM request. ETL/STL thats usually a way of life.

Somebody hired in July fresh to target and now an LOD. Typical target nature. No offense. But yea

In my state there should be an 8 hour turn around. It could be a federal law i am not sure.
Not sure if this is still the case, but used to have to you overtime if you did not have least 8 hours between a shift. I have seen send home a people, rather than pay them that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back