Archived Lod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! It annoys me to no end when I hear them call for "LOD George" on the walkie when he isn't LOD. Now granted, sometimes it's hard to tell when there is a mid who is the LOD, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt if it's the early one or the mid one they are referring to.

Yes! It annoys me to no end when I hear them call for "LOD George" on the walkie when he isn't LOD. Now granted, sometimes it's hard to tell when there is a mid who is the LOD, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt if it's the early one or the mid one they are referring to.

If you want George, you say George. If you need the LOD, you say LOD. It doesn't matter who the LOD is. You either need them or you don't.

People don't understand how to properly communicate things.

Some of the dumber things I've heard include:

"LOD, can you come to Electronics for a supervisor override?" when there are 3 GSAs on the front lanes.
"LOD, can you come to Guest Service for a price match?" when there is a GSTL, a GSA at photo, GSA at cafe, and a GSA setting checklane endcaps.

Oh... sorry. Forgot to mention - it was a hardlines TM who picked up a cashier shift. She had a walkie and didn't like the one GSA, so she called LOD.

She didn't pick up any more cashier shifts after that.

Yeh, it was always SO much fun to see all the salesfloor TMs picking up cashier shifts when hrs got cut.
Then we'd see them get snapped up (happily because they hate cashiering) by the SFTLs saying "Oh, we'll send them up for back-up calls".
But if we called for back-up they were nowhere to be found.
Basically, our cashier hrs were used to supplement SF.

Yeh, it was always SO much fun to see all the salesfloor TMs picking up cashier shifts when hrs got cut.
Then we'd see them get snapped up (happily because they hate cashiering) by the SFTLs saying "Oh, we'll send them up for back-up calls".
But if we called for back-up they were nowhere to be found.
Basically, our cashier hrs were used to supplement SF.
If I saw them, guess who will come up first?

"LOD, can you come to Electronics for a supervisor override?"

I would argue that, location wise you've got a better chance of the LOD being closer than GSTL if they're walking the floor. Judging by the number of "guest first" calls by GSTL I tend to think of them as busier than LOD. Our GSAs are under-utilized, for sure. Never heard one called for on the walkie. LODs make more than TMs, nothing wrong with a little servant leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back