Archived lp audit/void

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way it has been explained to be is that since it is different transactions it wouldn't show that.

The way it has been explained to be is that since it is different transactions it wouldn't show that.

The thing that confuses me, and redandkhaki too, I think, is that is does! So, I'm not sure how they happen. It is rare to defect out two things in the same transaction. When I do get the screen for duplicate LP, it typically comes from the previous shift, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten it from the previous day too. So why does it go through sometimes, but not others?

Okay here is how a duplicate license plate is caused and how it can cause shortage. Say your gstm returns a blender that is going back to crc and when they go to scan the LP they leave it on the pad and they think they scan license plate 1 but in reality they scan license plate 2. LP 1 is put on the blender and is put to go back to the CRC. Next transaction the gstm returns one of the nice sharp 60 inch tvs and it is going back to the CRC. They scan the LP for the TV while it is on the pad and they scan License Plate 2. They actually wanted to scan this one but since it is already tied to the blender the TV wont be tied to this LP. LP 2 is put on the TV but the LP says it should be a blender. Fast forward to when it gets to the CRC they aren't able to give the store the proper credits since the License plates were messed up which in turn causes shortage. This will all be a moot point soon enough because the process for license plates will be changing soon so duplicate license plates will be impossible.

It will still show it and say "this license plate has already been used"

I went back and forth on this issue with our APTL. I was convinced that duplicate license plate shortage wasn't caused by double scanning because of the "this license plate has already been used" factor but he insisted it was. I tried really hard to prove him wrong but I wasn't able to and I had to concede he was probably right. I still don't quite understand how license plates can be used more than once, but it seems that they can be and this is where duplicate shortage comes from. We were dealing with an unusually high number of duplicate errors and when we started to tackle the problem his way, the situation got much better.

Whats funny is that we can pull all districts double license plates all on one report...Ive seen stores with 10-15 errors in a 1-2 week span.

When it comes up as "Lic plate already used", they go on to scan a different one, leaving the "used" one on the pad or discarding it. It still doesn't fix the problem with the item sporting the WRONG lic plate.

i checked today and as of Feb 25th the LP's will not be used if you defect something out using the PDA. The LP's that you use if defecting out through the POS will go away when they do the summer software update.

As others have said (and some have disagreed with), the register will NOT display the "LP already used" screen if the LP was first used during a separate transaction , OR on the PDA. No matter what you think, this is true. Search mySupport or the Shortage Indicator i-button.

Now, with that being said, even if you DO receive the "LP already used" screen, and "preventing" shortage...your store will still get dinged with a Duplicate LP. Again, mySupport it.

The reason for this is because even though you did not use the LP, Best Practice was still not followed and that needs to be fixed. "Preventing" TMs from using a Duplicate LP is a bandaid...you need to not have any at all in the first place!

As others have said (and some have disagreed with), the register will NOT display the "LP already used" screen if the LP was first used during a separate transaction , OR on the PDA. No matter what you think, this is true. Search mySupport or the Shortage Indicator i-button.

Now, with that being said, even if you DO receive the "LP already used" screen, and "preventing" shortage...your store will still get dinged with a Duplicate LP. Again, mySupport it.

The reason for this is because even though you did not use the LP, Best Practice was still not followed and that needs to be fixed. "Preventing" TMs from using a Duplicate LP is a bandaid...you need to not have any at all in the first place!

I believe you when you say it still counts when the register says "duplicate LP" but I'm sorry, you're just wrong about the register not telling you that it is a duplicate LP unless it is the same transaction. I have worked at Target for just under nine years and about 90% of the has been at the front end. I have had countless prompts saying "duplicate LP" and not one of them was caused by me. If it was not caused by me, then it is impossible to be in the same transaction, it would have to be another person, in another transaction.

I believe you when you say it still counts when the register says "duplicate LP" but I'm sorry, you're just wrong about the register not telling you that it is a duplicate LP unless it is the same transaction. I have worked at Target for just under nine years and about 90% of the has been at the front end. I have had countless prompts saying "duplicate LP" and not one of them was caused by me. If it was not caused by me, then it is impossible to be in the same transaction, it would have to be another person, in another transaction.

MySupport trumps you. The system does NOT verify that a License Plate has already been used. Sounds like you have some Best Practice issues if you've had "countless" prompts.

I have seen this first hand, where the register processes the defective 2nd item as normal, with no error messages, but when the LP is audited it comes up as the first item.

MySupport trumps you. The system does NOT verify that a License Plate has already been used. Sounds like you have some Best Practice issues if you've had "countless" prompts.

I have seen this first hand, where the register processes the defective 2nd item as normal, with no error messages, but when the LP is audited it comes up as the first item.

So when exactly do you think it stops you? The "same transaction" explanation is B.S. About half the people on here can tell you how useless mysupport can be at times. They're the same people who when I messaged them about replenishment issues, after documenting all the proper steps I'd taken prior to sending the message, then message me back asking me if I checked the Z-date, after I specifically told them that the Z-date said N/A. Its an inefficient tool. It doesn't trump the experience of the people working at GS every single day. If I have been stopped by the LP used prompts, and the duplicate LP was not caused by myself, then what is your explanation? Think about it...You can insist all you want, I can tell I'm not the only one with this experience by others' responses. Don't trust what your told, trust what you see. I'm not saying that the system stops you every time, but it does stop you sometimes. What I want to know is, why sometimes and not others, if this is true? You're explanation about the duplicate LP being generated when the system stops makes the most sense, but they're falsely telling us that it is causing shortage if that's the case.

Last edited:
LOD was still able to do the LP Audit yesterday (or tonight if you're on the West Coast).

People always bring up the fact that the registers tell you if it's a duplicate. And I know the explanation about it only does it in the same transaction is crap. I've always thought it has to do with the number of transactions in between the duplicate scans. Like when you have to reprint a white defective label, it seems like you can only reprint it for so long before having to void the LP and process the defective again. Just my theory though..

I never knew you could reprint the white label. I've always voided it and started over. How do you do that?

I never knew you could reprint the white label. I've always voided it and started over. How do you do that?

When you are in "sort stuff" there is an option to reprint label. YOu hit that, then scan the UPC on the item and it should reprint the white label if there is one associated with it. I really haven't had that work for me since right when the white labels rolled out though. Granted, it could be like ThatAPGuy said and it only works between a certain time frame. I gave up on even trying to get it to work, so its been quite a while I've used it.

Ahh I thought that was always for reprinting a white label with the barcode and price not the white defective label. Hmm gonna have to try that

Reprint still works at my store as of today. The printers at guest service don't seem to print one about 25% of the time. That would be a lot of LP's to void if you couldn't reprint. I don't even want to think about how bad that would suck!

LOD was still able to do the LP Audit yesterday (or tonight if you're on the West Coast).

Your LOD does the LP audit? I am really jealous now! The other day 2 of my LOD's called me back to the compactor about an item that was red toss just because it was an online item. They asked me if it should be tossed or if it could be put on the floor and sold. I said it shouldn't be tossed because we can sell it and to just void the LP. They said they don't know how and asked me to do it! Both have been etl's for over two years! I thought they were auditing the defectives and find out they don't even know how to!

Your LOD does the LP audit? I am really jealous now! The other day 2 of my LOD's called me back to the compactor about an item that was red toss just because it was an online item. They asked me if it should be tossed or if it could be put on the floor and sold. I said it shouldn't be tossed because we can sell it and to just void the LP. They said they don't know how and asked me to do it! Both have been etl's for over two years! I thought they were auditing the defectives and find out they don't even know how to!

I wouldn't void out a red toss label on an item that had automatically defected out when scanned for a return. Target probably sets them up that way to avoid liability issues and it shouldn't be bypassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back