COVID-19 Mask Patrol

For me I’m supposed to educate ones who don’t have them but we don’t kick anyone out of the store if they don’t have it, I don’t believe masks completely work so I don’t really say anything to a customer unless they ask about it when they aren’t wearing one. I’m not gonna preach on something I don’t believe in.
It's work. You say what they tell you to say, unless illegal, and they give you money for saying it. Simple straightforward transaction between employee and employer.

People forget that work life is different from non work life. If they give you a wage you find agreeable, you wear what they want you to wear, you do what they want you to do, you say what they want you to say. Heck, you smell how they want you to smell. You check your private persona at the door and pick it back up when you clock out.

Park car 12:00pm slap mask on Arrive at Target front door 12:02pm Walk to mustard aisle 12:03pm get Guldens walk to SCO 12:05pm Do the transaction leave building 12:07pm remove mask. 7 mins. Any moron can do it. Do some googles on no maskers, shootings, defiance. Frightening.

With asthma, I was worried about wearing one for long periods of time when I came back from LOA, but really it's not that bad. It just takes some getting used to.

Most of these people are just being asses for the sake of being asses. I swear most folks I see without masks have a smirk on their face like they are some kind of rebel. Bitch please.

I heard about a nomasker firing shots into a cigar store somewhere up north. Will goog details. A buddy and his wife live in a sleepy little town not far, in Abbeville, La. Sounds nice, almost zero crime.

Well, at least now the clothes come with matching masks.
Maybe the Karens will wear them because they are fashionable.

116521856_10158945585979653_5909463168522505378_o.jpg

Such chicken shit. Note the security clips. Subservient ManKarens will come armed with their wire cutters for their bullwhip equipped Karens. The country is falling apart. And then there's Joe-Boy.

It would be nice if they did this in every state.
Maybe the assholes would be a little less likely to attack people who are just doing their job.

I don't think it will work. Someone who shoots a worker over a mask is already looking at a felony. Someone who breaks someone's arm is already looking at a felony. Someone who hits someone is already looking at the same exact felony. Someone who is simply pulling their mask down, deliberately coughing and saying they have or may have COVID-19 could be looking at a felony, depending on state classification of making terroristic threats. If none of these are stopping people from doing these things, then why is adding yet another charge going to make them refrain?

I don't think it will work. Someone who shoots a worker over a mask is already looking at a felony. Someone who breaks someone's arm is already looking at a felony. Someone who hits someone is already looking at the same exact felony. Someone who is simply pulling their mask down, deliberately coughing and saying they have or may have COVID-19 could be looking at a felony, depending on state classification of making terroristic threats. If none of these are stopping people from doing these things, then why is adding yet another charge going to make them refrain?

It's not. But, it will add to the punishment.

Y'all have more faith than I do. I don't think it will work as a deterrent because the people willing to do that are not being deterred by other felony level laws. It'll just be adding a few years on the back end following a conviction and these people aren't thinking down the road, just the here and now.

I hope I'm wrong.

So how many other people have an AP person doing several hours' worth of mask table duty? Because we sure are! I came in to my (cleaning, which is what masks is under too) shift and saw no one at carts and an AP person at the mask table. They said they'd been there since their shift started--six hours earlier!

There was someone else scheduled for cleaning. Except that person was doing push somewhere on the floor (huh, I guess we're still rolling trucks)...so the AP person, the ONLY AP person in the store at the time, was being pulled off their work to do mask duty. There was no one else to ask, apparently.

I'm sure THIS won't come back to bite anyone in the ass.

So how many other people have an AP person doing several hours' worth of mask table duty? Because we sure are! I came in to my (cleaning, which is what masks is under too) shift and saw no one at carts and an AP person at the mask table. They said they'd been there since their shift started--six hours earlier!

There was someone else scheduled for cleaning. Except that person was doing push somewhere on the floor (huh, I guess we're still rolling trucks)...so the AP person, the ONLY AP person in the store at the time, was being pulled off their work to do mask duty. There was no one else to ask, apparently.

I'm sure THIS won't come back to bite anyone in the ass.

At my store, a cashier is doing the mask table. We've had the de-escalation training (some of us anyway) and had to be quizzed by AP-ETL. At another nearby store (mall store) they have AP doing it, but they have several people in the TSS role.

Why are masks such a big deal? I understand that the mask-deniers are in a snit about "government telling them what to do." But government tells us to do all kinds of things - pay property taxes (just paid mine so it's top of mind), wear shoes, stop for red lights, be of legal age to buy alcohol. It's a very long list. Is this the thing that made them jump off the edge?
I mutter "idiot" behind my mask a lot.

FTC (former flow Captain here) agree 100%. It's not a big deal and it won't last forever. Taxes will. My thought is they are rebelling against the store because the store takes their money. I also don't give a rats ass about their medical condition, if you don't use a mask in my store and I say you must then get the fuck out and go somewhere else. How much negative press can one stupid Karen or Mankaren generate and really who would pay attention? Target like any good store has their core customers who will return-shop regardless of what some so called entitled opinionated Type-A arrogant nut-ball says. Let the asshole call "corporate" as if the folks in Minnesota give a shit. Mask ON it will soon pass.

So bit of a stupid question. What's the rules if a guest attacks you over a mask? Like actually commits assualt and not just yells? Can you fight back?

Back