Archived My device replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do the gift registry mydevices get replaced too? I hope so-- we had 4 and are down to 1.

I found out they are gonna have the ability to make phone calls and replace the radios but most of all be allowed to check people out. o_O

Our old Apple-based devices have been relegated to a crummy box in the corner (good riddence). We have quite a few new holsters for the new Zebras but unfortunately if you snap on the handheld trigger portion they will not fit. So, I tuck it in with my old PDA. A bit bulky but it looks impressive with all that equipment flopping about (queue sarcastic oooohs and hahas). The old PDAs are still more efficient to use for backroom purposes at least until the apps are updated.

I heard they'll be adding a specific "Backroom" app. Anyone hear anything about this? Until then, pulls, sto, mspk, swadd etc is still easier on the old PDAs.

Last edited:
I heard they'll be adding a specific "Backroom" app. Anyone hear anything about this? Until then, pulls, sto, mspk, swadd etc is still easier on the old PDAs.
They've been threatening to do that since we first got the iPods.

I think the next app to move over will be myFA.

We have four MyDevices completely dead because the HoneyWell charging station went bad or it is something with the power at night. I so can't wait to switch to the Zebra Devices. I also noticed that the Search feature is different, maybe setup for the new devices.

I found out they are gonna have the ability to make phone calls and replace the radios but most of all be allowed to check people out. o_O
They have the ability to do that on some of the devices, but no way target is going to allow that to happen. Just makes them a more lucrative item to steal.

Stores are supposed to receive two more Zebras, and label them myCheckout A & myCheckout B and they come with a attachable card reader to order items for guest we are out of stock on or online only.

Is it just an RFID tm thing or is it me? Everytime I hear Zebra I think of our scanners for it.
Besides that we haven't gotten these new devices in yet, they were supposed to come in the end of May but we're into June already. I'm excited for more equipment but I know we'll have equipment control going solid for a straight week then after that the equipment will be lost....Signout sheets or not.

They have the ability to do that on some of the devices, but no way target is going to allow that to happen. Just makes them a more lucrative item to steal.

Receipt checks are a thing of the future

We were told mid June, and have had them for over a month!

Truth. We were told May. We still don't have them. Shocking! No, not really.

It was about a month from when they said we would get them to when we got them. Then we had them a week or so until they were useable. It took basically days for all the updates to get installed on all of them. Since with our WiFi, she could only update a few at a time or the update would crash.

Good/bad - keep in mind I do In-Stocks so I haven't used the price change, or a couple other sections of MyWork on the android devices. I can say our pricing team does like them if used with the scanner handles.

Good: Batteries that you can swap. Battery life, see how this goes with battery cycles how will they hold up. They can take a drop from cart level to ground and be ok. Scanner range is longer and more consistent than the Apple ones. I don't have to bend over to have the scanner less than six inches from all bar codes. Processor speed is miles ahead of the Apple ones, stuff loads well enough for production teams. Screen is larger, easy to read, brightness and volume are so loud I actually turn it almost 3/4 of the way down for both screen and volume.

Bugs:
Once in a while you will scan something and it doesn't actually read what it scanned. Reboot and its good to go. That seems to be a set up bug so might be an update after coming on line that has fixed that. Cause I haven't seen it since the first few days.

These things are wide. So if you are female or just have smaller hands keying things with one hand is not going to be comfortable.
Trigger buttons are stiff and you might want the scanner handle if you are In-Stocks or pricing, cause they are not comfortable with production use. My thumb doesn't like the triggers when doing the task list. For just pushing stuff - it's fine.

This one isn't a MyDevice bug but a MyWork - WTF spot why do you have it ping every single device in the store 3x a day with stupid cartwheel reminders "Time to make a Target run" We are working in the store - shut that crap off!

And can we get the RFID scan ported over already?? Please..

It was about a month from when they said we would get them to when we got them. Then we had them a week or so until they were useable. It took basically days for all the updates to get installed on all of them. Since with our WiFi, she could only update a few at a time or the update would crash.

Good/bad - keep in mind I do In-Stocks so I haven't used the price change, or a couple other sections of MyWork on the android devices. I can say our pricing team does like them if used with the scanner handles.

Good: Batteries that you can swap. Battery life, see how this goes with battery cycles how will they hold up. They can take a drop from cart level to ground and be ok. Scanner range is longer and more consistent than the Apple ones. I don't have to bend over to have the scanner less than six inches from all bar codes. Processor speed is miles ahead of the Apple ones, stuff loads well enough for production teams. Screen is larger, easy to read, brightness and volume are so loud I actually turn it almost 3/4 of the way down for both screen and volume.

Bugs:
Once in a while you will scan something and it doesn't actually read what it scanned. Reboot and its good to go. That seems to be a set up bug so might be an update after coming on line that has fixed that. Cause I haven't seen it since the first few days.

These things are wide. So if you are female or just have smaller hands keying things with one hand is not going to be comfortable.
Trigger buttons are stiff and you might want the scanner handle if you are In-Stocks or pricing, cause they are not comfortable with production use. My thumb doesn't like the triggers when doing the task list. For just pushing stuff - it's fine.

This one isn't a MyDevice bug but a MyWork - WTF spot why do you have it ping every single device in the store 3x a day with stupid cartwheel reminders "Time to make a Target run" We are working in the store - shut that crap off!

And can we get the RFID scan ported over already?? Please..
Everytime I go in I get that Cartwheel reminder. I feel like it's a Android thing. Does anyone else have issues logging into Cartwheel on them. It hasn't let me since we got them.

I think that comes from the Cartwheel app, not myWork. When I had an Android phone it would recognize whenever I went into a Target and pop up something like that.

They've been threatening to do that since we first got the iPods.

I think the next app to move over will be myFA.
That is interesting. At our store backroom is not allowed to have zebras and beings backroom grabs flexes that shall soon have to change.

We were told within the year that PDAs will be obsolete but I dont see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back