MyDay App Backroom Error Issues

If 2 SIMILAR items are backstocked as 2 of the SAME item - then one of them is a BAFFLE because it is in the location without the system KNOWING it is in the location.

Ok. You don’t WANT to take the time required to fix the errors that you find.
You hit AIS to save time and risk CREATING a baffle for the next tm because you didn’t audit the location correctly To account for the baffle that you found.
Let’s document your choices And their impact on other team members and the stores metrics.
Nonsense. If there's a baffle there that has nothing to do with the item I'm looking for, it will be found eventually. For right now? Moving on, nothing to see here.

When I say I don't have time, I mean I don't have time. I pulled a full-to-overflowing cart of Style 141s last night. Two carts the night before. Contrary to what some leaders may think, that doesn't take a quick ten minutes. Especially when the wacos are full and you're climbing ladders or moving them out of the way constantly.

After I pulled the fakakta 141s, I still had to roll them to the floor and sort them into reshop, finish hanging, folding, and sorting the reshop (which is neverending), and try to get a halfway decent zone in my area.

Last edited:
’all items scanned‘ exists to fix errors QUICKLY. quicker is not always better - just quicker.
‘It does take an extra few scans to fix the error through audit than it does with the ‘all items scanned’ button.
but by using the button, the puller is taking the easy way out and admitting they know about the error and are too lazy to take a minute and fix it with audit.

AND like I said before - hitting that button COULD cause an error that wasn’t there before. I would think that if you are going to take the time to audit and start from scratch that you will probably audit correctly and NOT miss that item hiding in the back that you missed scanning right before you hit ‘all items scanned’.
Again, if HQ doesn't want us to press that button, why give us that button? If HQ wants us to immediately back out and audit the location, why not automatically send us to the audit function and make it impossible to complete the batch until we've audited the location? If we're going to be "in trouble," per HQ, for telling the truth, don't you think they should explicitly warn us of such before we confirm the AIS?

Again, if HQ doesn't want us to press that button, why give us that button? If HQ wants us to immediately back out and audit the location, why not automatically send us to the audit function and make it impossible to complete the batch until we've audited the location? If we're going to be "in trouble," per HQ, for telling the truth, don't you think they should explicitly warn us of such before we confirm the AIS?
The button is there to fix the error QUICKLY - but it DOES BLAME YOU for the error -( like when you were the last one to empty the top roll = must replace it.)
HQ does not want you to back out - your leadership does. who are you going to listen to ? The person that knows you and reviews you OR some corporate written program ?

‘The WARNING says : “are you sure ? all items not scanned will be deleted from this location.”

‘If you are sent to an EMPTY Waco to pull a ‘ghost’ (not there) item, AIS will remove the non-item from the location BUT - if you are sent to a location to pull a TIDE and there are 2 different DPCI’ s there but you THINK they are the same, if you scan one and it isn’t what you’re looking for and you hit AIS YOU MADE the error by incorrectly pressing AIS And deleting the OTHER DPCI And causing a baffle error for the next tm that scans the item YOU deleted.

Anyone remember LOCU with a PDA ? Same thing.

The button is there to fix the error QUICKLY - but it DOES BLAME YOU for the error -( like when you were the last one to empty the top roll = must replace it.)
HQ does not want you to back out - your leadership does. who are you going to listen to ? The person that knows you and reviews you OR some corporate written program ?

‘The WARNING says : “are you sure ? all items not scanned will be deleted from this location.”

‘If you are sent to an EMPTY Waco to pull a ‘ghost’ (not there) item, AIS will remove the non-item from the location BUT - if you are sent to a location to pull a TIDE and there are 2 different DPCI’ s there but you THINK they are the same, if you scan one and it isn’t what you’re looking for and you hit AIS YOU MADE the error by incorrectly pressing AIS And deleting the OTHER DPCI And causing a baffle error for the next tm that scans the item YOU deleted.

Anyone remember LOCU with a PDA ? Same thing.
At least I don't assume that similar items are the same. I only press AIS if I actually scan all items. Sometimes I will go back and scan them all again just to make sure.

Had an idea tonight pulling 141s that never dawned on me before.

If you have a ghost item in a location, we've been instructing fillers to hit SKIP LOC and continue pulling. Only to fix the location after the batch was finished.

Tonight, I hit SKIP LOC and then immediately switched to Audit and fix the offending location before switching back to finish the pull.

This seems too easy to be right. But it worked.

I'm not a GM TM, so if I have to help with their 141 or OOS, if I've scanned everything, I'll hit all items scanned. I'm not going to do more work to protect their precious BRLA %. I have enough problems with ghosts and baffles in fulfillment as it is. Maybe if they actually knew how many problems there would be pressure from leadership for higher accuracy rather than just faking it.

If you have a ghost item in a location, we've been instructing fillers to hit SKIP LOC and continue pulling. Only to fix the location after the batch was finished.

Tonight, I hit SKIP LOC and then immediately switched to Audit and fix the offending location before switching back to finish the pull.

I don't even switch apps, I use the search in the top-right to get the item and then remove it from the location, then press back until I get to the pull again. However the app is bugged currently and often times it gets messed up when you get back to the pull so you have to restart it.

I'm not a GM TM, so if I have to help with their 141 or OOS, if I've scanned everything, I'll hit all items scanned. I'm not going to do more work to protect their precious BRLA %. I have enough problems with ghosts and baffles in fulfillment as it is. Maybe if they actually knew how many problems there would be pressure from leadership for higher accuracy rather than just faking it.
You're probably the fulfillment team member that skips the backroom to pick from the salesfloor, creating these big 141s.

Last edited:
Sad.
You see a problem and ignore it rather than help fix it even though it would benefit you from it being fixed !
You should stop complaining about ghosts when you are pulling if you will leave them there instead of removing them from location to fix the error.

You complain about the score and how it should be better yet refuse to be part of the solution. Wouldn’t want you on my team.

Have ALWAYS taught pulling tm’s to do this. I tell them if they FIND an error THEY claim the error on the report UNLESS they fix it before they claim it. That usually gets them to fix it with audit rather than use ‘all item scan’ to fix it. I let them know once they hit ‘all item scanned‘ and get their name on the report I get with them the next day about the number of mistakes listed under their name that they didn’t fix by using audit.

remember: it is not the person who MADE the mistake that is known - only the person that FOUND the mistake and REFUSED to FIX it.

Have ALWAYS taught pulling tm’s to do this. I tell them if they FIND an error THEY claim the error on the report UNLESS they fix it before they claim it. That usually gets them to fix it with audit rather than use ‘all item scan’ to fix it. I let them know once they hit ‘all item scanned‘ and get their name on the report I get with them the next day about the number of mistakes listed under their name that they didn’t fix by using audit.

remember: it is not the person who MADE the mistake that is known - only the person that FOUND the mistake and REFUSED to FIX it.
It was definitely one of those Aha moments for me. I was teaching a new TM filling etiquette and the first location had a ghost. Like normal, I walked them through the process of what to look for when filling. Scan what it asks for, nothing more, unless you aren't sure. Then if the item isn't there, hit Skip Loc to continue with the fill. Once the fill is complete, take note of the locations you skipped, exit the batch and audit. I had this thought that you needed to exit before auditing. But, for some reason last night, I thought that was a silly and unnecessary step. So I said, Skip Loc then Audit to this team member and it just made the most sense.

I would love to hold more TMs accountable like you, but I don't see them (I'm not the Closing TL and we've been instructed to fill at night now). We do try to address everyone doing AIS or creating Ghosts, since they're definitely the most avoidable. BRLA has been 98/99 for the past couple months. So, we must be doing something right.

You're probably the fulfillment team member that skips the backroom to pick from the salesfloor, creating these big 141s.
And yet, you'd be wrong.
Sad.
You see a problem and ignore it rather than help fix it even though it would benefit you from it being fixed !
You should stop complaining about ghosts when you are pulling if you will leave them there instead of removing them from location to fix the error.

You complain about the score and how it should be better yet refuse to be part of the solution. Wouldn’t want you on my team.
All items scanned removes the item that isn't there and GM can go through and audit later. How that affects their brla % is irrelevant to me. If they want green metrics, that's something their team needs to work on, not mine. If they don't want to get dinged in the report, they need to teach TMs to backstock things when they put them in the back, and pull them in the system when they remove them.

HOWEVER, while picking for fulfillment, if I find an INF unlocated in the backroom, I locate it and adjust the floor count so it can get pulled.

And yet, you'd be wrong.

All items scanned removes the item that isn't there and GM can go through and audit later. How that affects their brla % is irrelevant to me. If they want green metrics, that's something their team needs to work on, not mine. If they don't want to get dinged in the report, they need to teach TMs to backstock things when they put them in the back, and pull them in the system when they remove them.

HOWEVER, while picking for fulfillment, if I find an INF unlocated in the backroom, I locate it and adjust the floor count so it can get pulled.
Sounds like you should just decline helping pull 141s.

Sounds like you should just decline helping pull 141s.
(as if I have a say in the matter... ha, but that's another discussion)

You're coming at it from the wrong direction. In my mind, faking those metrics is equivalent to typing in a DPCI and pack cancelling an item to prevent an INF; you're covering up the actual problem. If leadership sees green BRLA because people are skipping out of pulls and adjusting it, then there's nothing to tell them that there is an issue with their team backstocking/pulling correctly. Whether you correct it while doing the pull your way or hit all items scanned, the backroom count ultimately gets fixed, but one of these methods leads to a continuation of poor practices resulting in more errors to fix, and the other can result in more training and higher data accuracy going forward.

(as if I have a say in the matter... ha, but that's another discussion)

You're coming at it from the wrong direction. In my mind, faking those metrics is equivalent to typing in a DPCI and pack cancelling an item to prevent an INF; you're covering up the actual problem. If leadership sees green BRLA because people are skipping out of pulls and adjusting it, then there's nothing to tell them that there is an issue with their team backstocking/pulling correctly. Whether you correct it while doing the pull your way or hit all items scanned, the backroom count ultimately gets fixed, but one of these methods leads to a continuation of poor practices resulting in more errors to fix, and the other can result in more training and higher data accuracy going forward.
You're correct. However, the outcomes you suggest here are not the outcomes that will happen.

Upper, upper management Pushes to have high metrics. Green in all areas, regardless of how that's achieved. Training happens on the fly and when time allows, it's not something readily available. Some team members learn quick and correctly. Others, you can train till you're blue in the face, they'll never get it.

Then there's just the general issue of simple mistakes. People unfamiliar with the area and the occasional system glitches.

So, when someone finds an error. It's quick and easy to fix it then, than creating a second error that sends another team member (likely whomever is available to do the audit that day) in to fix it. Nothing changes, but the report showing you flagging an error and pressing AIS.

While your reasoning is sound, the time, effort and general follow-through to create effective change from it is far from the reality.

You're correct. However, the outcomes you suggest here are not the outcomes that will happen.

Upper, upper management Pushes to have high metrics. Green in all areas, regardless of how that's achieved. Training happens on the fly and when time allows, it's not something readily available. Some team members learn quick and correctly. Others, you can train till you're blue in the face, they'll never get it.

Then there's just the general issue of simple mistakes. People unfamiliar with the area and the occasional system glitches.

So, when someone finds an error. It's quick and easy to fix it then, than creating a second error that sends another team member (likely whomever is available to do the audit that day) in to fix it. Nothing changes, but the report showing you flagging an error and pressing AIS.

While your reasoning is sound, the time, effort and general follow-through to create effective change from it is far from the reality.
Well said !
‘however, I doubt Grace will be convinced. When a Tm has a long and detailed justification for not doing the right thing - you’ll never change their mind, even with sound logical reasons.

I'm with @happygoth on this one. My BRLA scores are always bright green, but sometimes I come across a series of errors, both ghosts and baffles. I absolutely scan every item in the waco or, if there are a lot of the same thing, I visually scan UPCs to make sure that what appears to be all the same thing really is.
And as I have time, I'll audit a shelf or two of wacos. Lately, I've been working on a major re-do of part of my backroom area with the intent of making it harder to make mistakes in the first place. Too many large bins allows too much temptation to put so many DPCIs in the same one, including products that look very similar.
Still have to depend on other TMs to pay attention and to stow and pull things correctly. Some of them aren't careful. But I'm not going to do what I think of as a fake fix and not use that "all items scanned" button when it comes up. If there's an overall problem, I want to know about it and get to the root of the problem fixed, not just stick on a bunch of little band-aids, only to keep seeing the same thing happen repeatedly.

Not sure I can follow all sides of the debate here.

At my store, when my regular GM team lead doesn't like our BRLA percentages he reminds us at huddle to quit the one-for-one then audit the waco instead of tapping All Items Scanned. If you hit All Items Scanned your name will come up on a report, and if your name comes up on a report he's going to come talk to you about it.

There. System's perfect. Someone hit "All Item Scanned", and the boss can take that info and do with it what he will.

What's the problem?

What's the problem?
(I will say one problem is his approach. "Coaching" or "re-training" or "evaluating" or whatever you want to call it should be constructive, helpful. It shouldn't sound like a threat. But he makes, "We're going to have a conversation ..." sound like a threat.)

End parenthetical.

Tonight, I hit SKIP LOC and then immediately switched to Audit and fix the offending location before switching back to finish the pull ...
How did you fix the location without re-backstocking everything in the location after you cleared it in Audit? Was it empty?

Thread hijack time... It's super easy and fast to track which fulfillment TMs do this and how often. I'm monitoring one at my store now, just waiting for them to piss me off enough to tip off leadership.

How did you fix the location without re-backstocking everything in the location after you cleared it in Audit? Was it empty?
When you use Audit, it resets the location. While in the Audit app; After you scan the location barcode, you can then scan any items in that location to rebackstock them without using MyDay to do it. You just scan an item, input the quantity and repeat till you have scanned everything. Anything not scanned will not be located in that location. You then hit Done and OK for the all item scanned question. Switch back to MyDay and continue your fill.

Back