MyDay App Backroom Error Issues

When you use Audit, it resets the location. While in the Audit app; After you scan the location barcode, you can then scan any items in that location to rebackstock them without using MyDay to do it ...
I can't even remember when or who taught me what, but I'm sure I was told to only use Audit to clear out a location. After that, use MyWork, MyDay, etc. to backstock.

I'll try using Audit. I'll f**k it up of course. But, if they ask, I'll just tell them that a guy on the internet told me to do it.

I can't even remember when or who taught me what, but I'm sure I was told to only use Audit to clear out a location. After that, use MyWork, MyDay, etc. to backstock.

I'll try using Audit. I'll f**k it up of course. But, if they ask, I'll just tell them that a guy on the internet told me to do it.
You really can't. If you think you messed up. Just start over and rescan the location.

It works here while you're already in a fill. I agree with your boss, you should only use it to unlocate and then properly backstock using MyDay. That's a good way to ensure your backstocking the right stuff where you need to. But Audit during a fill will fix the immediate issues. Its a valuable tool in your arsenal.

I agree with your boss, you should only use it to unlocate and then properly backstock using MyDay. That's a good way to ensure your backstocking the right stuff where you need to ...
I think I see what you're saying, that they trained me to use MyWork (MyDay) because it'll tell me where else that DPCI is in the back, whereas Audit won't.

All I’m going to say on the topic of BRLA and errors is… when I was given a BRLA captainship, I created a Greenfield card that told me who made what error where. And I went after people that created ghost. Why? Because if you can’t find the item you’re looking for, chances are that location needs to be audited. And after about a week or two of talking to people, our BRLA shot up significantly, for obvious reasons.

But then our SD who gave me that captainship got canned, and it wasn’t a big deal to have the best BRLA in the district… so I stopped. Yet the team still stayed the course.

You're correct. However, the outcomes you suggest here are not the outcomes that will happen.

Upper, upper management Pushes to have high metrics. Green in all areas, regardless of how that's achieved. Training happens on the fly and when time allows, it's not something readily available. Some team members learn quick and correctly. Others, you can train till you're blue in the face, they'll never get it.

Then there's just the general issue of simple mistakes. People unfamiliar with the area and the occasional system glitches.

So, when someone finds an error. It's quick and easy to fix it then, than creating a second error that sends another team member (likely whomever is available to do the audit that day) in to fix it. Nothing changes, but the report showing you flagging an error and pressing AIS.

While your reasoning is sound, the time, effort and general follow-through to create effective change from it is far from the reality.
While I understand your pessimism, I find it disheartening. I do what I can when I'm picking to ensure I don't mess up the backroom counts and I locate unlocated items when I find them. I don't know what leadership at my store does with the AIS report. I just looked it and there are 150 instances in the past 30 days of TL or above hitting AIS. My ETL alone has 29. If someone sits me down and tells me to change how I do it, sure, I'll follow their direction. But it doesn't seem that my store is interested in faking those numbers.
Well said !
‘however, I doubt Grace will be convinced. When a Tm has a long and detailed justification for not doing the right thing - you’ll never change their mind, even with sound logical reasons.
But that's just it, I'm not doing the wrong thing... I've scanned everything and ensured that the item I can't find is the only thing that will be removed from the location (myDay will tell you how many it's removing when you hit AIS). Where is the logic in saying your BRLA is so and so percent when you're artificially boosting it by fixing it during a pull? Your backroom isn't accurate.

While I understand your pessimism, I find it disheartening. I do what I can when I'm picking to ensure I don't mess up the backroom counts and I locate unlocated items when I find them. I don't know what leadership at my store does with the AIS report. I just looked it and there are 150 instances in the past 30 days of TL or above hitting AIS. My ETL alone has 29. If someone sits me down and tells me to change how I do it, sure, I'll follow their direction. But it doesn't seem that my store is interested in faking those numbers.

But that's just it, I'm not doing the wrong thing... I've scanned everything and ensured that the item I can't find is the only thing that will be removed from the location (myDay will tell you how many it's removing when you hit AIS). Where is the logic in saying your BRLA is so and so percent when you're artificially boosting it by fixing it during a pull? Your backroom isn't accurate.
I'm curious what your store's weekly BRLA% is? I'm also curious why you're willing to die on this hill, when it seems your store doesn't really care or focus on BRLA?

Your actions and my actions have the same results btw. While it does address the ghost issue, my actions don't effect the overall BRLA score, your actions do. It's not a faking of the metrics, it's proactively addressing the issue in a way that doesn't effect the metrics downwards. It also doesn't require more time or a second team member to address the issue afterwards. Your actions do. Time and effort that right now, my store doesn't have (we're fighting to get more hours to complete the immediate workload of push and fulfillment).

The initial point of this thread was to say that the "All Items Scanned" button is unnecessary and that the tools can be changed to address issues proactively, not retroactively. If the tools were built better, it wouldn't be "faking it to make it" then and everyone in that valley would be helping to maintain accuracy better, which is better in the overall.

When you use Audit, it resets the location. While in the Audit app; After you scan the location barcode, you can then scan any items in that location to rebackstock them without using MyDay to do it. You just scan an item, input the quantity and repeat till you have scanned everything. Anything not scanned will not be located in that location. You then hit Done and OK for the all item scanned question. Switch back to MyDay and continue your fill.
Thank you for sharing!

I'm curious what your store's weekly BRLA% is? I'm also curious why you're willing to die on this hill, when it seems your store doesn't really care or focus on BRLA?

Your actions and my actions have the same results btw. While it does address the ghost issue, my actions don't effect the overall BRLA score, your actions do. It's not a faking of the metrics, it's proactively addressing the issue in a way that doesn't effect the metrics downwards. It also doesn't require more time or a second team member to address the issue afterwards. Your actions do. Time and effort that right now, my store doesn't have (we're fighting to get more hours to complete the immediate workload of push and fulfillment).

The initial point of this thread was to say that the "All Items Scanned" button is unnecessary and that the tools can be changed to address issues proactively, not retroactively. If the tools were built better, it wouldn't be "faking it to make it" then and everyone in that valley would be helping to maintain accuracy better, which is better in the overall.
The issue is a TM having to constantly fix another TM's errors, or getting the blame for creating errors that they did not actually create. Auditing a waco takes time, time that most floor TMs do not have. I'd rather take the blame and explain my position than pretend a mistake didn't happen.

Basically those who favor auditing would rather make their numbers look good, and place the blame on the TM who found the mistake rather than actually addressing the fact that other TMs are not pulling and backstocking accurately. Auditing while pulling is faking perfection, with the onus placed on the TM that finds the mistake to game the system and correct it.

The issue is a TM having to constantly fix another TM's errors, or getting the blame for creating errors that they did not actually create. Auditing a waco takes time, time that most floor TMs do not have. I'd rather take the blame and explain my position than pretend a mistake didn't happen.

Basically those who favor auditing would rather make their numbers look good, and place the blame on the TM who found the mistake rather than actually addressing the fact that other TMs are not pulling and backstocking accurately. Auditing while pulling is faking perfection, with the onus placed on the TM that finds the mistake to game the system and correct it.
You're in the back pulling and backstocking? Then you're as responsible as any other team members that use the backroom to make sure things are being maintained. If product isn't properly located, it's hard to sell. Selling is the number one function of Target.

There's also a lot of "not my job" going on in this thread and it's coming from people that seem to "visit" the backroom.

But whatever, you guys don't work in my store. So you ain't messing up my metrics. 😅

Also, tried backstocking with Audit app. Wouldn't let me.
You have to scan the location first, then you'll be "connected" to that location. Anything you scan and add a quantity for will be assigned to that location. You hit done and ok to the all items scanned question to complete the backstock of items in that location.

Audit is not similar to the backstock process in MyDay, because you scan the location first and then the items.

’all items scanned‘ exists to fix errors QUICKLY. quicker is not always better - just quicker.
‘It does take an extra few scans to fix the error through audit than it does with the ‘all items scanned’ button.
but by using the button, the puller is taking the easy way out and admitting they know about the error and are too lazy to take a minute and fix it with audit.

AND like I said before - hitting that button COULD cause an error that wasn’t there before. I would think that if you are going to take the time to audit and start from scratch that you will probably audit correctly and NOT miss that item hiding in the back that you missed scanning right before you hit ‘all items scanned’.
Funny you say TM is lazy for taking a minute to fix things properly. ASANTS but at ours cheating the system to make things appear to be completed correctly AND quickly is an unnatural art form. Highly dysfunctional store.

Funny you say TM is lazy for taking a minute to fix things properly. ASANTS but at ours cheating the system to make things appear to be completed correctly AND quickly is an unnatural art form. Highly dysfunctional store.
1. There Is more than one PROPER way of fixing an error ! Just because it is not YOUR way does not make it the WRONG way
2. Audit is NOT FAKING anything. There are daily system led audits to fix locations and anyone can look up the errors in their aisle and go fix them themselves by
auditing the specific locations. I‘ve assigned locations that need to be fixEd to my 10 DBO’s for the last 3 months.
Lately each aisle only has 1 or 2 errors per week.
3. There is nothing dysfunctional about it, we are simply being efficient. We are fixing as we find - where you will need to research where the errors are and then
return to the locations to fix (In the case of a baffle) cause I know that AIS will fix a ghost.

Seriously, with your attitude I would bar you from the backroom.

Last edited:

1. There Is more than one PROPER way of fixing an error ! Just because it is not YOUR way does not make it the WRONG way
2. Audit is NOT FAKING anything. There are daily system led audits to fix locations and anyone can look up the errors in their aisle and go fix them themselves by
auditing the specific locations. I‘ve assigned locations that need to be fixEd to my 10 DBO’s for the last 3 months.
Lately each aisle only has 1 or 2 errors per week.
3. There is nothing dysfunctional about it, we are simply being efficient. We are fixing as we find - where you will need to research where the errors are and then
return to the locations to fix (In the case of a baffle) cause I know that AIS will fix a ghost.

Seriously, with your attitude I would bar you from the backroom.
We hover around 97.5-98.5%. I'm willing to die on this hill because my ethics tell me to be honest. The item isn't there. Period. Cheating the pull to prevent you from reporting that error is faking the metric; there's no other way to spin it. When you do that, what you're doing is RETROactive. Your concern isn't accuracy, it's metrics. PROactive would be regularly auditing locations, effective training and follow up, and ensuring TMs understand your store's expectations to prevent you from having to do anything in the first place. And frankly I'd argue that the time difference between what it takes for you to audit while pulling versus the time it takes someone to go through the system led afterward is a wash. But one is honest with the error and another covers it up.

If the target engineers can come up with a better solution than AIS, I'm all for it. Like mentioned previously, it would be cool if it dumped you over to an audit function when you told it you couldn't find an item before letting you move on to the next task. But it should still report the error. Artificially high metrics are what give HQ the gall to continue to expect more and more from TMs, because from their perspective, everything is green.

We hover around 97.5-98.5%. I'm willing to die on this hill because my ethics tell me to be honest. The item isn't there. Period. Cheating the pull to prevent you from reporting that error is faking the metric; there's no other way to spin it. When you do that, what you're doing is RETROactive. Your concern isn't accuracy, it's metrics. PROactive would be regularly auditing locations, effective training and follow up, and ensuring TMs understand your store's expectations to prevent you from having to do anything in the first place. And frankly I'd argue that the time difference between what it takes for you to audit while pulling versus the time it takes someone to go through the system led afterward is a wash. But one is honest with the error and another covers it up.

If the target engineers can come up with a better solution than AIS, I'm all for it. Like mentioned previously, it would be cool if it dumped you over to an audit function when you told it you couldn't find an item before letting you move on to the next task. But it should still report the error. Artificially high metrics are what give HQ the gall to continue to expect more and more from TMs, because from their perspective, everything is green.

Die on your hill, it's a silly hill to die on. I'm finding these arguments to be tediously circular at this point. The outcomes of fixing while pulling or fixing while doing the audit walk are the same. I'm fine with teaching my team to use Audit while pulling and you're fine with pressing All Items Scanned. The ethical implications are hyperbolic.

Die on your hill, it's a silly hill to die on. I'm finding these arguments to be tediously circular at this point. The outcomes of fixing while pulling or fixing while doing the audit walk are the same. I'm fine with teaching my team to use Audit while pulling and you're fine with pressing All Items Scanned. The ethical implications are hyperbolic.
In your opinion, why does All Items Scanned exist?

Anyone else here, please feel free to answer that question as well.

Back