MyDay App Backroom Error Issues

Auditing a backroom location is fine for anyone to do. No real training needed other than what you've gotten here.

Using the Audit app for other purposes should absolutely NOT be done unless properly trained and allowed by your store.
Out of curiosity, what would the other purposes be?

The AIS button exists to correct the location and alert leadership to an error that existed before the puller came along.

I'm pretty sure ETLs have some way to look up which TM located the item before another TM AIS-ed it, do they not?

If so, I'm pretty sure ETLs who tell you not to hit AIS on pain of coaching just can't be bothered to take the additional step to hold error-makers accountable.

The AIS button exists to correct the location and alert leadership to an error that existed before the puller came along.

I'm pretty sure ETLs have some way to look up which TM located the item before another TM AIS-ed it, do they not?

If so, I'm pretty sure ETLs who tell you not to hit AIS on pain of coaching just can't be bothered to take the additional step to hold error-makers accountable.
If you hit All Items Scanned, it deletes the item and makes it no longer look-upable.

The real joke about backing out and LOCUing the location is that now it seems to take like 45min for certain batches to redrop (Stationery, anyone?) if you back out of them or hit "I'm Done".
No need to back OUT, simply skip the location, leave batch to audit by choosing other app, return to same batch - both audit app AND pull app can be open at the same time - no need to get completely out of one to use the other.

Now that Audit is integrated into MyDay, the Fill process should include the option to audit instead of adding that workload to a secondary process/ team member.

Literarily change “All Items Scanned” to “Audit Location” and pressing it switches to audit inventory to fix scanned location. Add a pop-up when a baffled item is scanned, that asks for a quantity or switches to audit inventory. There should be no need for a secondary backroom audit process other than to check actual backroom quantities.

Burying Audit Inventory under work details is a silly move too. As a lead, it’s just on the Home Screen of MyDay, which is already buried IMO.

Now that Audit is integrated into MyDay, the Fill process should include the option to audit instead of adding that workload to a secondary process/ team member.

Literarily change “All Items Scanned” to “Audit Location” and pressing it switches to audit inventory to fix scanned location. Add a pop-up when a baffled item is scanned, that asks for a quantity or switches to audit inventory. There should be no need for a secondary backroom audit process other than to check actual backroom quantities.

Burying Audit Inventory under work details is a silly move too. As a lead, it’s just on the Home Screen of MyDay, which is already buried IMO.
This. It is much more of a pain now than when Audit was a secondary app, because now I have to back out of my batch in order to audit the location.

We are still not allowed to hit AIS for any reason. It's an automatic coaching for anyone who shows up on that report, and the ETLs check it daily.

This. It is much more of a pain now than when Audit was a secondary app, because now I have to back out of my batch in order to audit the location.

We are still not allowed to hit AIS for any reason. It's an automatic coaching for anyone who shows up on that report, and the ETLs check it daily.
A couple months ago HR sent a poster encouraging team members to report to the hotline when leaders are encouraging unethical behavior. It stated "faking green metrics" right on the poster.

Also, I get wanting to audit at the same time that you find an error. Then I think of the amount of new people thrown into pulls and then having them audit when they are the ones making the mistakes because they were not fully trained yet. A second person coming by and auditing makes sense because it's a second eye. Same reason why drastic counts exist and are TL only now.

Specific to my location, errors would be less so if we added more Waco's and went after fulfillment for pulling single items from casepacks and not relocating to open stock and detrashing.

Why do some The have Inventory Audit on their home screen and others don't? They are under the correct work center in roles. They try different devices and same issue occurs. I logged into myDay on a device and had access to it, signed out and had another TM log in and they didn't have it.

Why do some The have Inventory Audit on their home screen and others don't? They are under the correct work center in roles. They try different devices and same issue occurs. I logged into myDay on a device and had access to it, signed out and had another TM log in and they didn't have it.

I heard somewhere that seasonals don't have access to audit. Not sure if true or not.

I heard somewhere that seasonals don't have access to audit. Not sure if true or not.
Only select job codes have access, there is a list on Workbench of the codes (& titles) which are allowed access.

Everyone can access, you just have to dig. Click the view Work Details link on the home of MyDay and scroll down till you see Audit Inventory.

A couple months ago HR sent a poster encouraging team members to report to the hotline when leaders are encouraging unethical behavior. It stated "faking green metrics" right on the poster.
That almost has to be a joke this newer system (last 4 years or so) is almost totally metric driven. I know metrics have always been important but this system has brought it up to a new level.

That almost has to be a joke this newer system (last 4 years or so) is almost totally metric driven. I know metrics have always been important but this system has brought it up to a new level.
I believe it has something to do with ease of access. I get daily metric emails and check metrics myself. Few years ago, it was less so and looking up numbers was a lot harder. So assuming the leaders of today are just grasping at something that's easy to hold someone accountable too.

HR land is the one who creates these posters, they are concerned about ethical behavior, team happiness and retention just to name a few. Is it working? That depends on where you're at in the company and your leadership tree.

My observation is that just like at the store level, upper management is also not on the same page with conflicting priorities. I even hear it direct from the source. PM, AP, VM I know for fact struggle at the district level.

Our store has the pullers auditing to fix issues. We do have them audit at the end of the batch it makes it easier. Just a question. Does auditing make an error for the team member that is auditing? I have a feeling it does but wanted to make sure.

Our store has the pullers auditing to fix issues. We do have them audit at the end of the batch it makes it easier. Just a question. Does auditing make an error for the team member that is auditing? I have a feeling it does but wanted to make sure.
Unfortunately it doesn't create an error if you audit, which is why they're being told to do that instead of being honest about the true accuracy of the locations.

Back