MEGATHREAD myDay app

Fair, however, corporate TMs pilot these things in smaller stores before making them chainwide because that know that and they also know that some stores are totally different than others, and stores accommodate.

Don't think that Target is dumb enough to push shit out chainwide before testing it.

At a store level, yeah it can suck to work in a store I'm not going to lie to you but at the corporate level, they're leading the retail market in comparison to places like Walmart / Sams Club / BestBuy / Costco.
Yes. Target is dumb enough.

Remember the red devices (apple?) that had a bad battery life and no way to change the battery?

Last edited:
As much as one might prefer to view Target as a monolith, it suffers the same challenges many other large organizations do. Lots of moving parts, red tape, bureaucracy, politics and so on. Some segments and/or individuals in those segments operate with swiftness and decisiveness, making good decisions for the organization, and others not so much. But incremental progress over time is the hope, and I do believe we're heading there, even if sometimes feel slow.

Case in point, I had the opportunity to directly share feedback with the business partners for a particular business process. They welcomed the feedback, asked clarifying questions, shared that they were tracking and had fixes planned for several of the issues being raised. Fast forward several months later and I was invited to a zoom session that they conducted with several stores where they asked us for feedback on changes they are proposing to that system. It was wonderful! They understood the pain points and the types of solutions that were necessary to fix them, and they listened with great interest as I gave additional feedback.

I don't have any problem with the phones logging in automatically... but it would be nice if it actually worked. Cannot tell you how many times electronics phone calls do not get routed to my pda but they do ring on the tech mobile phone.

The amount of people who do not max the capacities before backstocking is astounding. I tell people this and they just refuse to listen, they rather pull and backstock the same item every day for 35 days than click one button to set the capacity. I feel like I am on another plane of existence because no one cares to make their job easier. Its insane.

The amount of people who do not max the capacities before backstocking is astounding. I tell people this and they just refuse to listen, they rather pull and backstock the same item every day for 35 days than click one button to set the capacity. I feel like I am on another plane of existence because no one cares to make their job easier. Its insane.

But you can't do that from within the backstock function, right? It has to be done from item search. Backstocking is not a big function of my role so I often do it from item search, and so maxing the sfq is easy. But if I was in backstock in order to reduce scans, this would be cumbersome. And consider there is a good chance I'm not the one pulling and you have a sincere lack of motivation...

But you can't do that from within the backstock function, right? It has to be done from item search. Backstocking is not a big function of my role so I often do it from item search, and so maxing the sfq is easy. But if I was in backstock in order to reduce scans, this would be cumbersome. And consider there is a good chance I'm not the one pulling and you have a sincere lack of motivation...
Realistically it should be done when pushing, so that its already correct before you backstock it. But otherwise for a small amount of items its not hard to just backstock from the scan screen.

Realistically it should be done when pushing, so that its already correct before you backstock it. But otherwise for a small amount of items its not hard to just backstock from the scan screen.
I’m overly religious when it comes to pushing and correcting counts to capacity, I am NOT trying to pull this stuff again.

If there's a way to measure how many calls I don't answer, I could be in trouble. I worked office jobs for lots of years where part of my job was to answer the phone for the whole office and now I hate the phone. I don't even use my own phone very much and practically never for just chatting.
However, I very often have to change the battery so maybe that will save me?

If your store is like my store, most TMs and even TLs just ignore it or press decline. If someone is keeping track, they don't seem to care. If they do start to care, they'd let everyone know of a new "you must answer the phone" policy rather than immediately write up 75% of everyone in the store.

HQ is getting complaints about how stores haven't been answering phones chainwide.

To answer your question if removing the battery on your device will not count, most likely not but who in their right mind would do that lol

Back