MEGATHREAD myDay app

ability to see OOS info including DC on hand, WIU status etc (essentially all the info Myhelp OOS chatbot gives you) on product details page would be great! @HQWireless

also still pushing for variation selector (S/M/L, colors, etc)
Oooo size variation and colors would be life saving. As a style TM who learned off dpcis, I can't go up/down to get a new size as much any more.

Also, on mywork, if you click the item to go to the second screen, it stays on it when you scan other items. Myday goes back to the front page for each item. It was helpful when I'm trying to sort out clothes pogs.

woot. we've been sorting out 'work' functions ...they are coming shortly. and we'll get the notifications sorted out so that you only get what is more relevant (meal and what not).

I'm curious how OPU/FFmt would be better handled when they are rolling in heavy (cause we can make it do whatever is useful-est).

For the workbench content, we'd love to get it inline rather than dumping over to the browser, but the thing its made of doesn't wanna play that way yet.

The feedback thing inside the app is eagerly watched ... if there's a thing you wish it did, be vocal about it, we'll go.
I was always giving feedback about having compliance alerts sound different than standard alerts such as new orders. I’m glad y’all got the feedback, we’re many people giving this feedback? It’s cool how quickly y’all made this happen. I was getting coached on missing alerts because we are a high volume OPU store and my brain tuned out the alert noise... but this little tweak literally saved my job haha

I know I'm not a fan of MyDay and I certainly hope it improves with updates, much like MyWork did when that was rolled out.

I do have a suggested add-in feature.

Key/Device control. I know we have paper logs of devices, but with Mickra, that's not necessarily needed anymore. Why not add a barcode to printers and keys that can be tagged to a device.

Sign in. Scan the keys you're taking out. Scan the printer your taking out. Boom, digital log. I know the argument can be made against this, but in all honesty, those paper logs are a joke and without constant follow-up everyday, nobody uses them anyway.

This would alleviate that "hand-off" stage where say an electronics TM replaces a leaving TM and they just get their keys from the leaving TM. Scan the keys replaces the old TM with new one. Same for break coverage. And then there could be a "returned to home" barcode that signals the keys are locked up. Or the device is back in the cabinet.

Key control is a serious issue that's compounded by laziness. This is just a possible work around idea.

dm w the details about what you are doing on paper ... we can certainly improve how that works

Yesterday My Day closed me out of the aisle that I was working on and despite numerous attempts it did not reappear. Since I was desperate to get my one for One done I had to use move to finish it. While I like the concept of My Day, they need to work out the kinks.

Yesterday My Day closed me out of the aisle that I was working on and despite numerous attempts it did not reappear. Since I was desperate to get my one for One done I had to use move to finish it. While I like the concept of My Day, they need to work out the kinks.

This happens to me a lot. I have to wait like 3 minutes every time this happens to reappear. This is how the old PDA functioned... get kicked out, too bad. wait 3-5 minutes.

Has defecting items out not been added yet? I was told our store was looking mywork in a next couple days and for the life of me can’t seem to figure out defecting.

Also I ordered some brand new zebras for my store and they just got updated and didn’t even bother putting mywork on there.

Has defecting items out not been added yet? I was told our store was looking mywork in a next couple days and for the life of me can’t seem to figure out defecting.

Also I ordered some brand new zebras for my store and they just got updated and didn’t even bother putting mywork on there.

Defecting items has not been added yet. It will remain in myWork throughout the holidays.

Occasionally when I am pulling I get an error that it is unable to retrieve the item And won’t let me continue when I try to enter the quantity that I am pulling. However, yesterday when I closed out the app and reopened it, And click fill it brings me back to the aisle that I was working on And it starts working again as normal.

I really wish the text for what backroom location you need to go to in your pull was larger. Also, sometimes the keyboard doesn't pop up on the backstock screen, and tapping in the textbox doesn't cause it to open again- you have to hit the search icon to make it pop up, then back out and hit the box for the quantity to backstock again.

I really wish the text for what backroom location you need to go to in your pull was larger. Also, sometimes the keyboard doesn't pop up on the backstock screen, and tapping in the textbox doesn't cause it to open again- you have to hit the search icon to make it pop up, then back out and hit the box for the quantity to backstock again.
we'll sort out the keyboard ... and we'll see what we can do in the br location text. do you find the text too small or that it isn't clear where to look, so you have to hunt for it, or something else?

we'll sort out the keyboard ... and we'll see what we can do in the br location text. do you find the text too small or that it isn't clear where to look, so you have to hunt for it, or something else?
Both, I think? It was nice how prominent it was in Move. There's a lot on the screen, so when it's smaller and in with other things, it took me a second each time to find it, but I guess that's also it being the first day of using a different app.

Btw, the backstocking app is awesome. It's so much faster than myWork, reminds me a lot of STO on the PDA.

I disagree. Backstocking is still very glitchy for me compared to myWork. I have to back out everyday because it gets stuck trying to load all the info.

I do agree that a lot of the text is too small and also hard to find where to look. I've been using myDay for weeks and it still takes me a couple seconds to find where the DPCI is hidden, both in Backstock and Search.

I wish there was a faster way to get into Search when using Price Change (like the clipboard function in myWork). Always have to back out a couple pages when trying to guest service. Same for Take/Backstock. I don't like that they are in separate areas, makes condensing backroom locations a tedious task. It's actually feels easier for me to flip between myDay and myWork to accomplish taking and then re-backstocking items.

The take function should be in both backstock and fill. There are times when backstocking I want to move something to another waco and it was a lot of steps which took more time than it should.
I do like having to scan each item to backstock; there's been several times that I hit backstock and scanned the next item to see I didn't touch the button just right.

I really like the fill by aisle, but when you start a batch and then hit "I'm done" all the aisles I selected disappear completely and won't come back.

I didn’t get to read the entire thread, but is there a way to incorporate a feature wherein if you scan an item it’ll show you similar items either in a different size or color?
For example: if someone brings you an xl T-shirt -that they want in a size small - it’ll show the different sizes available for that item?

I didn’t get to read the entire thread, but is there a way to incorporate a feature wherein if you scan an item it’ll show you similar items either in a different size or color?
For example: if someone brings you an xl T-shirt -that they want in a size small - it’ll show the different sizes available for that item?
Not yet. It's on the wish list.
You can use this app on your phone.
Android: myStore - Apps on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mikuhl.mystore
iOS: ‎myStore for Spot - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mystore-for-spot/id1449655041?mt=8
Thanks
@Mikuhl

Last edited:
So wait, I've been hanging on to mywork til as long as possible, so I'm not entirely sure about MyDay. I use it for my 1for1's, and am having the same issues that everybody seems to be having with the app freezing in the middle of a batch and having to restart the app, only to find the batch as disappeared...never to return. Also, I've not backstocked with it yet....do you just go home > fill/backstock > backstock > and I assume it prompts you through the process from there? Also, what about pulling a single item? Aka, take? is that under fill?

So wait, I've been hanging on to mywork til as long as possible, so I'm not entirely sure about MyDay. I use it for my 1for1's, and am having the same issues that everybody seems to be having with the app freezing in the middle of a batch and having to restart the app, only to find the batch as disappeared...never to return. Also, I've not backstocked with it yet....do you just go home > fill/backstock > backstock > and I assume it prompts you through the process from there? Also, what about pulling a single item? Aka, take? is that under fill?

Take is under Scan and then Item Details.

We tried my day app for the first time to pull our market batches . It makes a single batch for the whole market but I opted out the produce and deli to just get the dry market . I did may be a 100 tasks and the app just stopped working . It was showing some error which I should have noted but I didn’t. My TL also tried and got the same error. So I switched back to old Move app. But there I saw the last 20-30 tasks were repeating again .
Myday app was also timing out pretty fast which was frustrating . Now it seems to be up again but I chose to continue with move app for today .

Back