MEGATHREAD myDay app

Genuine question here. Does it really matter what you put for the reasoning in defecting? (unless something is leaking or actually like a hazard).

Items that are allowed to have more than one quantity already allow them to be processed. As of now there are no plans to allow more items to have multiple quantities.
Any chance to have the max quantity increased? Certain items particularly in produce are tedious because they do not have barcodes to fast scan and if you have to defect a large quantity of bananas or poinsettias for instance, doing them in batches of 19 isn't efficient when you have to repeatedly reselect all the drop down options. 19 is also an awkward number for mental math, so our DBOs end up doing smaller quantities and repeating more times.

Anyone else having some item's names come up as "Ounces" when they're scanned? It happens in MyWork too so I wonder if someone at corporate messed up the item database...

what do you mean by this?
They mean that the audit function needs to list the physical section of the item you are auditing. There is no rhyme or reason to this. It just skips you all around an aisle and you could be searching for something that’s sitting on the endcap or sidecap tied to that aisle but since it doesn’t list the physical section you don’t know that. If you work in the area all the time you might automatically know where something is. Work the audit in an area you don’t know and it takes so much longer.

They mean that the audit function needs to list the physical section of the item you are auditing. There is no rhyme or reason to this. It just skips you all around an aisle and you could be searching for something that’s sitting on the endcap or sidecap tied to that aisle but since it doesn’t list the physical section you don’t know that. If you work in the area all the time you might automatically know where something is. Work the audit in an area you don’t know and it takes so much longer.
OHH I see! Audit needs to have a bit more focus if you ask me. Honestly, when myDay works I really like it. Its' really friendly to use and train new TMs on now. Same for the new POS. I feel like we've had a lot of.... colorful opinions about these two things but they're starting to become a lot better!.

I asked this in the new POS thread as well, what is a myDay feature that you want that wasn't in its predecessors. As for me really wish you can print multiple items at once on the HiP printers.

This is my power-user part of me speaking but when I am pulling a 141 I wish I could just pause because no way in hell is 74 of this item going to fit on the shelf. When we get a fuck-ton of books I just grab another device so If I know something is up I fix it then just skip the loc.

Originally in MyDay, you were able to look up an item. update SFQ, or fix backstock issues mid-pull by going to the search in the top-right, searching for something, and then scanning the relevant item or location. Then when you were done you'd just press back a few times and you'd be back in the pull. But for the past few months this has been bugged and when you go back, it gives you a glitched screen. I'm still hoping at some point they'll fix this so you don't have to back out every time you need to change something.

Any chance to have the max quantity increased? Certain items particularly in produce are tedious because they do not have barcodes to fast scan and if you have to defect a large quantity of bananas or poinsettias for instance, doing them in batches of 19 isn't efficient when you have to repeatedly reselect all the drop down options. 19 is also an awkward number for mental math, so our DBOs end up doing smaller quantities and repeating more times.
Oh god yes, please, see if they can put it in the plans to allow quantities of more than 1. In GM nothing is allowed for fast scan and you'd be surprised how often someone, say, drops a box of picture frames or candles or something so they're all toast and you have to defect them one, by one, by one...

Add in now needing to answer all the dropdowns every. single. time. for. every. item. defected. and it easily takes me 3x as long to do my defectives than it used to.

Guest tampering is also my favorite, and so accurate much of the time.

also, there doesn’t seem to be a good way to defect out not sold here items. None of the answers to the questions really match up with that.

I select "not damaged" and "no room for re-wrap" these things. We have no clearance endcaps right now, so "no room" seems appropriate.

@IWishIKnew - already asked. Told "no." Wondering if I can ship all my crushed defects to HQ and they can defect them out one-by-one. :rolleyes:

I wonder if people that create that tech actually use the tech in a store? -- rhetorical question
So many problems with MyDay could be fixed if those on the dev team actually spent time with TMs in a store to see how the app is used.

So many problems with MyDay could be fixed if those on the dev team actually spent time with TMs in a store to see how the app is used.
I was thinking this same exact thing. It really wouldn't be too difficult to even have a video conference with a handful of power user TMs

Oh god yes, please, see if they can put it in the plans to allow quantities of more than 1. In GM nothing is allowed for fast scan and you'd be surprised how often someone, say, drops a box of picture frames or candles or something so they're all toast and you have to defect them one, by one, by one...

Add in now needing to answer all the dropdowns every. single. time. for. every. item. defected. and it easily takes me 3x as long to do my defectives than it used to.
What's amazing is when you get a whole case pack of pet food that has maggots and you have to do this 24 times. This new process is taking much longer, and is not an improvement over the old way.

Oh, and I hate that the screen is formatted in a way that stuff is spaced out just enough that you have to scroll down to be able to hit the print button. If they made everything just a little bit smaller it would fit on one screen.

The only upside to this new defecting system is that I can now scan items and see who defected something at what time so I know who to have the TL's talk to. It is much easier than having to pull up the Greenfield reprot.

What's amazing is when you get a whole case pack of pet food that has maggots and you have to do this 24 times. This new process is taking much longer, and is not an improvement over the old way.

Oh, and I hate that the screen is formatted in a way that stuff is spaced out just enough that you have to scroll down to be able to hit the print button. If they made everything just a little bit smaller it would fit on one screen.

The only upside to this new defecting system is that I can now scan items and see who defected something at what time so I know who to have the TL's talk to. It is much easier than having to pull up the Greenfield reprot.
I didn’t know you can see who defected something. That’s cool.
Found a strange bug. If you’re in item details and scan another item. Sometimes the backroom locations don’t change. It shows you the old ones.

Found a strange bug. If you’re in item details and scan another item. Sometimes the backroom locations don’t change. It shows you the old ones.
I've been noticing that bug too. Couldn't figure out how to replicate it until today. If you're in the item details and turn the screen off, when you turn it back on and scan a new item it'll change most of the information (including the picture), but not the backroom location. It'll even scan the old item into location. Lots of potential errors there.

I was noticing that tonight. Super annoying.

Another thing I'd like is to just get to keep defecting item, one after the other. Right now, I have to close out of the existing defect before I can scan the new item. Either I'm doing it wrong or it is just a poor design. The whole process just takes way more time than it used to so anything that could streamline it would be great.

Another thing I'd like is to just get to keep defecting item, one after the other. Right now, I have to close out of the existing defect before I can scan the new item. Either I'm doing it wrong or it is just a poor design. The whole process just takes way more time than it used to so anything that could streamline it would be great.
it was really well done on POS. once in sort stuff defect, you just scan then k8. that's it. I want that again :(

I haven't had this problem. I usually hold all of my defect till the end of the night. Just scan one of them then "ITem Removal" then once it prints hit close and scan another item. No need to close out of anything.

Oh god, please, don't make anything smaller. I'm having a hard enough time reading the type as it is.
Make the icons a little smaller (or more efficiently shaped), or reduce the white space between things a bit. There's a lot of weird spacing. In Item Removal there's a gap at the top above the first question that, if removed, would make it so the button at the bottom isn't half off the screen.

Oh and for the love of god please fix the aisles in audit - add sections, and make the aisles display in order (11 comes before 7 right now, presumably because it starts with a 1) and PLEASE let us select which location we're auditing.

I haven't had this problem. I usually hold all of my defect till the end of the night. Just scan one of them then "ITem Removal" then once it prints hit close and scan another item. No need to close out of anything.

That's what I'm saying. I don't want to have to hit "close". I want the screen to clear and me to just scan the next item. I don't know why I have to close out of one defect in order to do the next one.

Back