MEGATHREAD myDay app

I assume this is going to happen soon. Target is just squeezing the last bits of life out of these devices. Lowkey, don't blame em. New Devices are EXPENSIVE
But why spend (I’m making up numbers) $120 for a screen replacement when a new device is $500. The extra $380 could be saved in payroll with less issues with better devices

But why spend (I’m making up numbers) $120 for a screen replacement when a new device is $500. The extra $380 could be saved in payroll with less issues with better devices
it’s not as close as that lol.

That’s for the TC51 those are VERY old. Most stores use a majority of TC56s. and now we are VERY slowly moving to TC58.
i assume with a screen replacement it’s really cheap (compared to a new device).

if my devices were $500 we would’ve upgraded a loooonnngggg time ago.

Anyway speaking of SIM cards why do the MyCheckouts have a phone number attached to them? Not a Target number but a cell number with a MN area code in Verizon?
SIM is required for backup LTE. Any device with a SIM has a phone number. Doesn't mean the phone number works/does anything, but it has one for identification in carrier systems.

A system has been added to myCheckouts to check people out while the store is offline. Happened after there was like 2 major outages or something.
really good idea IMHO.

a somehow a bit over complicated but under complicated too lol.

While we’re on the topic, How do offline transactions work? Like, how does it know a TMs circle. Do card readers still work?

While we’re on the topic, How do offline transactions work? Like, how does it know a TMs circle. Do card readers still work?
My guess is two separate networks one for main use and the second for backup if something happens to that connection.
If I had to guess it might store all the information in the store server until the sun server comes back. Like how MyDay should backstock (but on the Zebra) but doesn’t for some unknown useless reason

Card readers on the Orlando would still work if Verizon still works. The CL, probably not unless they somehow use the Orlando device as a hotspot to the CL.
They more than likely would only use that in extreme cases where the network would/has been down for at least overnight and would take at least one more workday to fix. Just my guess

Codes Green Yellow and Red should be able to be launched by a lead by a notification as well
This is the worst idea i've ever heard are you kidding? Those alerts are to be HEARD and instantly know what they are. "CODE RED" oh shit a fire! Run!

Code yellow! there's a kid missing!

Code green is the only maybe exception I'll make.

These codes are meant to be instantly known. Not only do the device notifications not properly send sometimes but no one takes them seriously. That's why no one takes the service hub buttons seriously either. I hate to admit it but the Indyme Call buttons put a sense of urgency in a call button because it was basically yelling at you. No one takes service hubs seriously at my store or any store I've been.

If you really want the device to be connected to these alerts. Have a prerecorded code play over the walkies even then. I'd never trust it.

This is the worst idea i've ever heard are you kidding? Those alerts are to be HEARD and instantly know what they are. "CODE RED" oh shit a fire! Run!

Code yellow! there's a kid missing!

Code green is the only maybe exception I'll make.

These codes are meant to be instantly known. Not only do the device notifications not properly send sometimes but no one takes them seriously. That's why no one takes the service hub buttons seriously either. I hate to admit it but the Indyme Call buttons put a sense of urgency in a call button because it was basically yelling at you. No one takes service hubs seriously at my store or any store I've been.

If you really want the device to be connected to these alerts. Have a prerecorded code play over the walkies even then. I'd never trust it.
I meant using the device alert as a second announcement. Like the person still says it on the walkie. It would be for people who don’t have a walkie. It can also prevent TMs from working by preventing the device from doing anything but helping in the situation (if appropriate)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back