MEGATHREAD myDay app

Can we have the availability to set aisles and if the items don’t go in those the Zebra makes a different sound so we know how to sort items we get for reshop?

Examples
  • seasonal candy
  • Quest protein
  • Freezer/cooler
Can we also get the ability to see if the item needs to be stored in the backroom (tech) or the freezer/cooler for market items so we know if we need to do something right away or it can wait a few minutes
I would write this down and present to your tl. They will have an answer for you

for the love of god can we fix all of these API return messages?

These have been in myDay since like day 1. Another one that I remember was a printer unable to print because its in PDF mode instead of ZPL. but GOD its such a long message that its hard to read. Let's also have the ability for myDay to change the printer format.

Attachments

• IMG_3568.jpg
    IMG_3568.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 36
Can we have the availability to set aisles and if the items don’t go in those the Zebra makes a different sound so we know how to sort items we get for reshop?

Examples
  • seasonal candy
  • Quest protein
  • Freezer/cooler
Can we also get the ability to see if the item needs to be stored in the backroom (tech) or the freezer/cooler for market items so we know if we need to do something right away or it can wait a few minutes
I think more importantly the sound queues need to be consistent across the app platform. For example, MyDay may beep twice for scanning the correct item in a location for a fill and once for the incorrect item, but it is the opposite in epick or other apps (or uses 3 beeps). It's not consistent across all apps which it should be.

The consistent audio feedback on old devices like PDAs made using all apps using audio extremely convenient.

I think more importantly the sound queues need to be consistent across the app platform. For example, MyDay may beep twice for scanning the correct item in a location for a fill and once for the incorrect item, but it is the opposite in epick or other apps (or uses 3 beeps). It's not consistent across all apps which it should be.
I assume when they EVENTUALLY move ePick into myDay completely, they will add this uniformity.

But I agree, myDay does need different sounds! (so does the POS but that's a diff story lol). myDay alerts should sound different depending on what they are.

RedCard sale, additional cashiers, carryout, 239 requests, leader alerts, everything (except for service hubs) all make the same sound. They should make different sounds and in turn, it would allow us to understand what the notification was before we even opened our device.

I assume when they EVENTUALLY move ePick into myDay completely, they will add this uniformity.

But I agree, myDay does need different sounds! (so does the POS but that's a diff story lol). myDay alerts should sound different depending on what they are.

RedCard sale, additional cashiers, carryout, 239 requests, leader alerts, everything (except for service hubs) all make the same sound. They should make different sounds and in turn, it would allow us to understand what the notification was before we even opened our device.
POV: everything makes the HONK HONK drive up sound lol

Please let us use the produce number in MyDay like the registers
you can haha. unless they've changed it recently. I remember doing 8011 and I was surprised bananas came up on myDay.
Can we get the ability to request backup/tech calls on MyDay?
not like people actually read alerts lmao.

Does anyone know how to update chrome on a zebra? I’m having issues getting to workbench. If I open chrome and hit the 3 dots in the top right, it says “Update Chrome. Newer version is available”, but nothing happens when I click it.

Does anyone know how to update chrome on a zebra? I’m having issues getting to workbench. If I open chrome and hit the 3 dots in the top right, it says “Update Chrome. Newer version is available”, but nothing happens when I click it.
You can't. The software on the myDevices is controlled by the MDM software (I think they still use AirWatch) so you can't update or change anything.

This is common practice in corporate I.T. — they (the I.T. department) don't always want the newest version of a software out there on their computers or other I.T. devices because version 2.3.44 may end up breaking something you weren't ready to update and it only works on 2.2.86, for example.

Workday Learning should still work on the "outdated" Chrome. Just ignore that warning.

You can't. The software on the myDevices is controlled by the MDM software (I think they still use AirWatch) so you can't update or change anything.

This is common practice in corporate I.T. — they (the I.T. department) don't always want the newest version of a software out there on their computers or other I.T. devices because version 2.3.44 may end up breaking something you weren't ready to update and it only works on 2.2.86, for example.

Workday Learning should still work on the "outdated" Chrome. Just ignore that warning.
Its not really that they don't want to update, there's ridiculous legal hoops they have to go through and ask Google if they are allowed to update the app, which Google is actually now saying no unless they pay for it.

"So updating Chrome is a huge hassle because Google refuses to let us simply grab the APK and send it to all our devices. They want us to use the Google Enterprise Suite (which of course we would have to pay for). Instead we have to wait on Zebra to update the OS build to include the updated Chrome app. Which Zebra is slow at doing."

Love capitalism.

Instead we have to wait on Zebra to update the OS build to include the updated Chrome app. Which Zebra is slow at doing."
Couldn’t Google force Spot to pay for the Enterprise version? They could do a few things but I don’t want to give Google any ideas

Couldn’t Google force Spot to pay for the Enterprise version? They could do a few things but I don’t want to give Google any ideas
Waiting for Zebra to update is just a workaround way, Zebra pays Google to ship it with their devices (just like how it comes with most android phones) and by extent Target gets the updated app. The devices we have are super end of life so it's probably easier to buy new devices (which they have been doing) than to update Chrome. 🤣

Waiting for Zebra to update is just a workaround way, Zebra pays Google to ship it with their devices (just like how it comes with most android phones) and by extent Target gets the updated app. The devices we have are super end of life so it's probably easier to buy new devices (which they have been doing) than to update Chrome. 🤣
seriously? how fkn gross lol. Why don’t they just use a diff browser then?

seriously? how fkn gross lol. Why don’t they just use a diff browser then?
When I suggested Brave.

"As an enterprise you run into licensing and data privacy issues. We’d have to do a security review and setup a contract with them to use it."

When I noted that Brave is open-source.

"I think so… but even open source products have EULAs and open source licensing agreements. For the average person you’re all good. For companies, there’s usually licensing things that you need to go through. Each product is different, so we’d have to dig through the EULA / license to figure it out."

Back