MEGATHREAD myDay app

I've always had issues getting a picture to upload for myHelp. That's why I usually skip asking for their assistance and just figure out a solution on my own.
I have only done chatbot for street date issues. You'd be surprised the number of times things were marked as Street dated when they shouldn't be.

This is going to be a wild suggestion but hear me out. The entire system can be simplified by removing the "on floor" counts. Currently "on floor" counts cause a lot of problems and extra work, especially when Planograms keep resetting capacities.

You can assume that the "on hand" count minus "in back" count is the amount of items on the floor. For one for ones this is not a great number to base them on because many factors can cause both these numbers to be wrong, and thus your calculated "on floor" is most likely askew.

The trick is to add items to one for ones when actions happen that contribute to an item being removed from the floor. For example:

1.) An item is purchased at the registers, it is very likely the item was removed from the floor.

2.) A Flexible Fulfilment order was completed where any arbitrary item was not pulled from the back.

3.) A pre-paid Shipt order was completed, post-paid orders would trigger number 1.

Currently if items are received, pushed, then back stocked, if the "on floor" count is incorrect this causes lots of extra work pulling items that might be full on the floor because of custom capacities, which again, often get reset from setting Planograms. It should be assumed that upon back stocking, the arbitrary amount of items that are on the floor are full.

As well, if you set a Planogram and then pull the one for ones to fill it, you often end up back stocking and pulling items over and over again until either the custom capacity is changed or the "on floor" count meets the suggested capacity.

Over time this still will become off, as things like theft or loss makes items disappear without any action that triggers one for ones. This is where "Get More" batches come in. These batches can be custom created by a Team Member to manually fill the floor, or maybe remerchandise extra items elsewhere.

One other thing to note, "on hand" counts should also never go negative. This causes the counts to be incorrect until manual intervention. For example if there is -1 "on hand" and you receive 5, now you have 4 "on hand" when you have 5 physically. If "on hand" is always coerced at least to 0, there would correctly be 5 "on hand" in the previous situation.

With "on hands" becoming more accurate, and less activity in the back room possibly skewing "in back" counts, finally, you can calculate the "on floor" counts with greater accuracy,. This number should only be used to generate items to add to the one for ones to fill Planograms that are set, by using the suggested capacity of the Planogram, which is only needed upon set and then never again. So this makes capacities in general not needed to be shown to the Team Member.

If all this is implemented this will save on LOADS of work pulling items you actually don't need, and wrangling with custom capacities that keep being reset.

yes, but sometimes we never actually get the product. ergo ---- OHs will *never* become truly accurate.

or I will get a MisPick that I can't fix - or that another person will not/would not catch it at all.
or sometimes the DC makes mistakes creating the PICK label.

-
and don't even get me started on tms that backstock freight with out even working it the floor first. 🤨

Last edited:
I think -1 OH counts should automatically drop into an AUDIT batch.

aka -OHs can indicate there's a problem to fix. Maybe the zone is a bit off, or items are flexed but not store tied - so the Item was ZERO'd out, but it's sitting, untied, on an endcap - and was just missed by SFS for a pick.

an OH of zero may not be accurate. -OHs also help SFS to see if they should still be looking for an item. I wouldn't put much effort at all in looking for a negative OH item v. a "0" OH item (last item is the one for the batch.)

Last edited:
This is going to be a wild suggestion but hear me out. The entire system can be simplified by removing the "on floor" counts. Currently "on floor" counts cause a lot of problems and extra work, especially when Planograms keep resetting capacities.

You can assume that the "on hand" count minus "in back" count is the amount of items on the floor. For one for ones this is not a great number to base them on because many factors can cause both these numbers to be wrong, and thus your calculated "on floor" is most likely askew.

The trick is to add items to one for ones when actions happen that contribute to an item being removed from the floor. For example:

1.) An item is purchased at the registers, it is very likely the item was removed from the floor.

2.) A Flexible Fulfilment order was completed where any arbitrary item was not pulled from the back.

3.) A pre-paid Shipt order was completed, post-paid orders would trigger number 1.

Currently if items are received, pushed, then back stocked, if the "on floor" count is incorrect this causes lots of extra work pulling items that might be full on the floor because of custom capacities, which again, often get reset from setting Planograms. It should be assumed that upon back stocking, the arbitrary amount of items that are on the floor are full.

As well, if you set a Planogram and then pull the one for ones to fill it, you often end up back stocking and pulling items over and over again until either the custom capacity is changed or the "on floor" count meets the suggested capacity.

Over time this still will become off, as things like theft or loss makes items disappear without any action that triggers one for ones. This is where "Get More" batches come in. These batches can be custom created by a Team Member to manually fill the floor, or maybe remerchandise extra items elsewhere.

One other thing to note, "on hand" counts should also never go negative. This causes the counts to be incorrect until manual intervention. For example if there is -1 "on hand" and you receive 5, now you have 4 "on hand" when you have 5 physically. If "on hand" is always coerced at least to 0, there would correctly be 5 "on hand" in the previous situation.

With "on hands" becoming more accurate, and less activity in the back room possibly skewing "in back" counts, finally, you can calculate the "on floor" counts with greater accuracy,. This number should only be used to generate items to add to the one for ones to fill Planograms that are set, by using the suggested capacity of the Planogram, which is only needed upon set and then never again. So this makes capacities in general not needed to be shown to the Team Member.

If all this is implemented this will save on LOADS of work pulling items you actually don't need, and wrangling with custom capacities that keep being reset.
This is how it used to work. The current system works significantly better. The system would decide it wanted you to pull a bunch of something and the only way to get it to stop was causing BRLA errors by saying you pulled 9999 of the item in question and then rebackstocking it.

So the new Receive function finally came online in myDay and there are a few things that I really hate.

1. I hate that it prints out stickers when you assign a PO. This is a huge waste of stickers, is there a way to turn it off?
2. I hate that it doesn't keep Vendor selected for receiving. If you back out to scan something or use any other part of myDay, it clears out your choice.
3. I want to be able to reprint stickers more easily, it should let you reprint from the same screen, not having to select something different.
4. I'm not sure if it works this way for receiving, but it is stupid that if you have to do an Audit and something gets entered incorrectly, clicking 'Edit' only lets you add to the total, not delete. So if you enter too many, you have to delete the item completely and then rescan it.

There are little quirky things that I will need to get used to, but these are the biggest issues with the no process currently.

But one thing that I am really loving is that it shows you images of what you scan, and it shows much more of the product name than it did previously.

So the new Receive function finally came online in myDay and there are a few things that I really hate.

1. I hate that it prints out stickers when you assign a PO. This is a huge waste of stickers, is there a way to turn it off?
2. I hate that it doesn't keep Vendor selected for receiving. If you back out to scan something or use any other part of myDay, it clears out your choice.
3. I want to be able to reprint stickers more easily, it should let you reprint from the same screen, not having to select something different.
4. I'm not sure if it works this way for receiving, but it is stupid that if you have to do an Audit and something gets entered incorrectly, clicking 'Edit' only lets you add to the total, not delete. So if you enter too many, you have to delete the item completely and then rescan it.

There are little quirky things that I will need to get used to, but these are the biggest issues with the no process currently.

But one thing that I am really loving is that it shows you images of what you scan, and it shows much more of the product name than it did previously.
5. It also doesn't list the item in the order that you scanned. When it's in order it's easier finding mistakes.
6. When the total unit didn't match it was showing that I didn't scan and enter the qty but I know did. I might had been going to fast.

5. It also doesn't list the item in the order that you scanned. When it's in order it's easier finding mistakes.
6. When the total unit didn't match it was showing that I didn't scan and enter the qty but I know did. I might had been going to fast.
Ok, so today as I was doing the audit and I accidentally hit the suspend button so when I went back in it mixed everything up. But that really sucks if it always doesn't list it in the order scanned.

And when I was doing my audit, we missed something so we went through the list, and found what we missed (even though I know we scanned everything) so I just added the item in and then we were over.

Ok, so today as I was doing the audit and I accidentally hit the suspend button so when I went back in it mixed everything up. But that really sucks if it always doesn't list it in the order scanned.

And when I was doing my audit, we missed something so we went through the list, and found what we missed (even though I know we scanned everything) so I just added the item in and then we were over.
[/QUOT
Just when your f&b team knew how to check in vendors they have learn the new system. So sorry

Some suggestions for things that have been bothering me for a while:
1. When changing SFQ with multiple locations, once you've entered the quantity for a location, that location should go to the end (right side) of the list past all of the locations you haven't done yet. Changing quantity for checklane items takes forever because you have to scroll all the way through the list for every single location. Same issue for price change as well.
2. When changing SFQ, if a location has a capacity of 0, don't make me select it and type in 0 for the quantity, just assume that it's 0.
3. For one for ones, if an item has multiple locations, say A1 and A2, and the location on A2's capacity is 0, don't put the item into the A2 aisle pull.

Anyone else’s store use the other version, called MyDayOff? Your version might be different but at my old store it would just automatically populate the schedule with 6 day weekends for all and you never had to mess with requesting time off since you already had plenty
never heard of this. was it on your device or an app? or part of myTime?

EDIT: I’m stupid LMAO

Last edited:
Some days I wonder if it'd be useful to have two mydevices with me

Anyone know what day the Leader View is deploying? I'd like to be able to use the schedule stuff that's supposed to be there.

yes, but sometimes we never actually get the product. ergo ---- OHs will *never* become truly accurate.

or I will get a MisPick that I can't fix - or that another person will not/would not catch it at all.
or sometimes the DC makes mistakes creating the PICK label.

-
and don't even get me started on tms that backstock freight with out even working it the floor first. 🤨
why is backstocking without working to the floor first bad? I've thought about doing it when I'm in a rush. I mean, at least everything on the boat is located then, rather than floating around being 'on hand' but god knows where?

why is backstocking without working to the floor first bad? I've thought about doing it when I'm in a rush. I mean, at least everything on the boat is located then, rather than floating around being 'on hand' but god knows where?
Because the system will think you worked it to the floor and will only pull one item when one item sells. If the item isn't represented on the floor to sell, or out of stock, it will never pull because it can't sell.

A new issue I have with the new Receive app, every time you back out of the Receive portion to use other parts of myDay, it now disconnects you from the printer. I tried on two different devices just to make sure it wasn't that I didn't have a bad device. I had the same issue on both, so unless it was just bad luck of the draw then it seems like it is a new issue. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just unlucky?

A new issue I have with the new Receive app, every time you back out of the Receive portion to use other parts of myDay, it now disconnects you from the printer. I tried on two different devices just to make sure it wasn't that I didn't have a bad device. I had the same issue on both, so unless it was just bad luck of the draw then it seems like it is a new issue. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just unlucky?
Noticed the same thing. I think it's best to scan the printer once you open the app but before you select " vendor" or "assign po". I think this way you don't get that label that doesn't have the po number and no quantity.

Back