MEGATHREAD myDay app

They NEED to get rid of capacities and "on floor" counts so bad. I had the luxury of backstocking a cart for toys today and EVERY. SINGLE. THING. I backstocked would have been immediately added to the pulls because no one bothers to fix the capacities and floor counts. Its so counter productive. If you backstock something IT SHOULD STAY BACKSTOCKED until it is purchased from the floor. There's literally no need for floor counts and capacities if you generate the pulls from purchases.
Capacities are fine but I do agree the system should be smarter. If I'm backstocking something, that means there's no room on the floor for it, otherwise I would have put it there.

They NEED to get rid of capacities and "on floor" counts so bad. I had the luxury of backstocking a cart for toys today and EVERY. SINGLE. THING. I backstocked would have been immediately added to the pulls because no one bothers to fix the capacities and floor counts. Its so counter productive. If you backstock something IT SHOULD STAY BACKSTOCKED until it is purchased from the floor. There's literally no need for floor counts and capacities if you generate the pulls from purchases.

hmmmm..... I have a "helper" that forgets to check second locations when they work on my day off. So, they backstock items that should fit on the floor.

How do I know? The items come right back out in a pull, and the product usually goes right out to the endcap (or other second location.)
-
The same helper also mixed items up.
How do I know? The items come right back out in a pull, and the product usually fits in the home location once I pull out the product that doesn't belong.
-
All of this happened *today* .... as it has in the past.
-
I have also witnessed items going straight from the truck to backstock -- never being worked to the floor at all... though there is room on the floor.

Last edited:
hmmmm..... I have a "helper" that forgets to check second locations when they work on my day off. So, they backstock items that should fit on the floor.

How do I know? The items come right back out in a pull, and the product usually goes right out to the endcap (or other second location.)
-
How do I know? The items come right back out in a pull, and the product usually fits in the home location once I pull out the product that doesn't belong.
-
-
I have also witnessed items going straight from the truck to backstock -- never being worked to the floor at all... though there is room on the floor.
No system fixes people just not doing their job correctly. That can only be fixed in person. As @GRC said, if you backstock something the only reason why is that the floor is full. In fact, you can keep the whole on floor and capacity systems in place, but ONLY change what the pulls generate based off of and that will fix everything.

So priority fill/pull is being pushed to us this month, finally. I'm hoping my district/group jumps on board and uses this as the primary and OFO as a secondary, as OFO isn't productive and is killing my team.

But I heard a lot of pilot districts went back to OFO because they were all freaking out about backroom unit counts. Sounds like something my group would do.

We started priority fill. TBH I like it better because it's a lot less pressure, but our backroom is bursting at the seems. Oh, you thought this valley was for makeup? Too bad, we can't fit anymore chem or pet stuff in those valleys so that's all going to go there too. It's trending to be a major clusterfuck of can't find shit when it unlocates. (even more-so than usual lol).

-
-
-
Ug, this. @Mikuhl is right - TMs who don't care about doing a good job just aren't going to do a good job.
But I am so, so tired of spending so much time fixing things, both on the floor and in the back room after having a day off. It messes up my floor counts, takes up space in the back, and is probably confusing to guests. OTC is not a place for someone who can't pay attention to detail.
And anyone who stocks packages of bar soap in a way that's so obviously unlike all the other bar soap on either side and in front of the packages already on the shelf needs to be somewhere else other than my area. When I pulled so many packages in my batch the next morning, I figured something was off and I was right. All the packages you back stocked would have fit, with room to spare, had you bothered to check your zebra for floor capacity and maybe notice, "Oh, all the other packages are oriented this way and look at that! They all fit! Bonus that they match the others now." Idiot.
That's only one example of what I find regularly. I know a lot of places are struggling to find enough good workers, but this is making me nuts.

Capacities are fine but I do agree the system should be smarter. If I'm backstocking something, that means there's no room on the floor for it, otherwise I would have put it there.
It does work this way, IF TMs are paying attention - not over-stocking and stocking all the way to capacity. (It helps if the capacities don't change to something completely bonkers when a POG resets - really, 11 bottles of cough syrup are supposed to fit here? Try 5. It's not even consistent within a product type - bags of cough drops vary widely even though all the pegs are the same length, same number of facings, same size bag. It's so stupid.)
The numbers get out of line when a product is overstocked (20 bags of flossers crammed onto the pegs when the capacity is only 14) or understocked (only 18 tubes of toothpaste put on the shelf when the capacity is 27 and a whole bunch is backstocked). I seem to one of only a couple of TMs at my store who actually pays attention to floor capacities because I think it makes my job easier - I'm not pulling stuff out of the back that won't fit, not defecting boxes of band-aids that get smashed into a too-small space to fit, not pulling product from the floor because it popping out of the self-pusher fixtures which have bent out of shape and can't hold that much. (They aren't broken and work just fine if 9 bottles aren't forced into where only 7 fit.)
All of this is incompetent TMs, not MyDay working wrong.

Is anybody else not getting notifications anymore when you're about to hit meal compliance? I haven't gotten one the last few times I've taken my break within 15 minutes.
Same here, but for some reason it tells me that register such and such needs such and such change etc like idc about that stuff.

No system fixes people just not doing their job correctly. That can only be fixed in person. As @GRC said, if you backstock something the only reason why is that the floor is full. In fact, you can keep the whole on floor and capacity systems in place, but ONLY change what the pulls generate based off of and that will fix everything.

Let's take for example an arbitrary item:

This item has a capacity of 12.
2 on the floor + 2 in back (14 on hand)

In a perfect world we can assume that the on hand count is correct, and that there are correctly 12 items sitting in it's location.

Because the floor count is less than the capacity, a pull would be generated for 2 items. TM pulls said items, notices it is full, and back stocks it. You now have:

4 on the floor + 2 in back (14 on hand)

Because the floor count is less than the capacity, a pull would be generated for 2 items.

And you can see how this would repeat 4 more times. A TM just did redundant work a total of 5 times. Now multiply this by the hundreds and hundreds of items that are in each department, or even the thousands of items that are in the store.

Of course, the loop could be stopped prematurely if the TM was updating capacities and floor counts, which is a part of the solution that can be done currently, just no one usually does it.

Now if pulls were generated based off sales, and OPU that did not take the item from the back room, there wouldn't even be ANY redundant work generated at all, it is back stocked therefore it is full.

Of course there would still be routine audits of mistakes that are caused by TMs purposely sabotaging the system (burning batches, and back stocking from truck) but that is still the case even with the current system and the anomaly's such as "12 on the floor + 12 in back (12 on hand)"

Of course, the loop could be stopped prematurely if the TM was updating capacities and floor counts, which is a part of the solution that can be done currently, just no one usually does it.
Correct - which is what I've gotten in the habit of doing. Because if I don't close the loop this time, I'll be doing the same stupid thing the next day. I understand that a TM might not do this when they pull batches for my area on my day off, but I'm there at least 2 days in a row, usually more depending on the week's schedule. And repeatedly doing the same unnecessary things makes me really nuts.

Yes, but if the system was set to only pull when items sell.... .then you might not have noticed the soap that was stocked incorrectly, fixed the issue, and pulled items out of your stockroom.
? - I didn't notice the soap being stocked incorrectly first. And might not have because it's on a bottom shelf. When I went to put the pulled packages on the shelf, that's when I noticed the goofy orientation and the wrong floor count. And that was when I got the rest of what was in the back - it all fit with a lot of room to spare. And yes, I changed the floor count to what it really was. The system thought it was full because a bunch was backstocked.
It's unusual for what I pull to not go out because I keep the numbers pretty tight in my area. When it does happen, it's almost always for something that came in on the truck I wasn't there to push and it was overstocked - and then I'm not only not putting out what I pulled, but often taking back 1 or 2 more.

Reading through all of the capacity posts, etc and all I can say is BRING BACK THE INSTOCKS TEAM!!!!
😕 Instocks team is needed, but our store is probably so far gone (poorly zoned and stocked) that I would not want to be on that team, yet I would probably be one of the few to even notice how bad the zone actually is throughout GM.

aka Most everyone else would not bother to look for the true OUTS and Critical Lows. And take the time to fix issues.

in my experience myDay is pretty good with that unless your backstocking like a day old truck. that’s when problems hit lol.

Can we please get rid of the 'Store Use Only Dummy Vendor' as a vendor option? It is really messing things up when trying to do credits for vendors. It seems like when a vendor item gets pulled off the set the vendor will sometimes change over to this one. Seems to only happen with pop vendors from what I've noticed.

Can we please get rid of the 'Store Use Only Dummy Vendor' as a vendor option? It is really messing things up when trying to do credits for vendors. It seems like when a vendor item gets pulled off the set the vendor will sometimes change over to this one. Seems to only happen with pop vendors from what I've noticed.
It also happens when checking in deliveries. I was assigning a PO for Dr Pepper today when it came up. It's happen before but I don't remember the vendors

Anyone else phone app just randomly pops up and starts calling random depts?? Pretty annoying. Happens like 5 times today.

Anyone else phone app just randomly pops up and starts calling random depts?? Pretty annoying. Happens like 5 times today.
not me but I am usually the dept it calls lol. If it happens ALOT I look at the phone status, check the last 4 of the serial, open myDay device status, find whos logged in. then I kill them because I've been screaming over the walkie to check your devices if you're signed into the phone.

Also, I got called an idiot by a guest because i told him he couldn't reach into the cabinet to pick his fire stick. :) . I wish that big body bitch tried that shit when I wasn't at work.

Love that Mini Seasonal still doesn't show up as its own pull, and now with priority pulls it doesn't even show up if you sort by POG or aisle unless you also select Market.

Back