Archived MyDevice Phone calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was pretty nifty. My store is still utilizing an operator though, I’m still hearing them ask the LOD if they can turn on night ring later in the evening. Something I was curious about though, can you make calls from device to device? If so, how do you do it? I think it would be nice to get rid of walkies altogether if it were user friendly enough to be able to call whichever team member or TL you need by selecting their name from a contact list that shows all TM’s currently logged into a phone, but then that would eliminate the ability to mass communicate in situations like calling for guest first.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone off the top of their head know the extension for receiving? I was trying to find a master list of all store extensions but can't.

Are they all the same? If so I have a list:
Electronics 3255/3256
Starbucks 3389
Optical 3252
Pharmacy No extension??
Jewelry Desk 3229
Service Desk 3238/3236
Clerical 3235
STL 3201
ETL-HR 3207
AP Office 3209
Cash Office 3239
Receiving 3226
Food Ave 3241

I printed out a small cheat sheet and have it taped inside my device holder.

Most are the same in every store. Especially cash office. Always 3239.

I think one of the biggest issues with this is going to be the number of devices still available in most stores. One of our former STLs was very good about checking up on people/equipment. Devices HAD to be signed out and it wasn't nothing for her to be logged onto the computer when in the store and getting on the walkie and going "who has device #23" or "so and so do you have devie #21?" and walking the floor to make sure all equipment was accounted for and signed out and checked on. Granted it wasn't a daily thing. It was a weekly thing but not always on the same day. When she left us we had over 30 devices still accounted for. Now....yikes... I don't even think we have half that. We work with irresponsible people who HAVE to be MADE accountable by name in order to do what an adult should actually do because they are an adult - that is be responsible for your equipment and put it up properly at the end of the day. Of course leadership isn't helping with that either. They would start a sign out program and set up a book with sheets and then forget after the sheets were all used up to replenish them. So the idea of "signing out" equipment never lasted long enough to help combat the loss of devices.

Your STL would have had a brain aneurysm at my store. Limited number of softlines zebras and a lot of softlines folks who need one to complete tasks. Whoever signs them out in the morning leaves them at the desk when they aren't needed so that other people who need them can use them and so that later shifts can also use them.

Are we able to externally call those extensions?
I don't know. I've only tried twice, once when the phone system was cutting off calls instead of going to the operator, and that was a complete fail. The other time I tried but after 5 rings the operator answered. I don't know if it timed out after 4 rings or if the operator was unusually slow to answer.

So has anyone figured of a signed in Zebra has an extension? Ours just went live today. Service desk is the call distributor when the calls come in.

So has anyone figured of a signed in Zebra has an extension? Ours just went live today. Service desk is the call distributor when the calls come in.
They all have the same extension. It's the last 4 numbers of that long number it shows you in the app.

It was 3544 for us today but it was for all my devices. Fucking RIP. The ETL-GE was having so much fun today I finally told him, “Thanks. I hate it.”

Not yet. Im hopeful though. One of the best things on the lpda at home depot was your own extension plus walkie capability. Ours only had phone, but we didn't use it.

We started today, right now they want key carriers and tl only answering then tm taking transferred calls. The ringtone is annoying af. They are talking about a daily assignment for who should be logged in to answer calls. It should be interesting.

Can we use mywork while answering a call? Biggest issue on regular smart phones is apps or calls but sometimes not both. Hard to find an item if you need to type it into the device you are talking on.

I got it to work today when no one else could, and I tried calling with it, i dialed the last 4 of the ID on the top of the phone app and it said on the other zebra that "Operator" was calling so I was like OOPS.... I plan on playing with it more when I get time.

3544 is the Call forward extension for the main base. I feel like they would have some unique extension. I tried the long number that’s always on the screen, the registered number.

I think one of the biggest issues with this is going to be the number of devices still available in most stores. One of our former STLs was very good about checking up on people/equipment. Devices HAD to be signed out and it wasn't nothing for her to be logged onto the computer when in the store and getting on the walkie and going "who has device #23" or "so and so do you have devie #21?" and walking the floor to make sure all equipment was accounted for and signed out and checked on. Granted it wasn't a daily thing. It was a weekly thing but not always on the same day. When she left us we had over 30 devices still accounted for. Now....yikes... I don't even think we have half that. We work with irresponsible people who HAVE to be MADE accountable by name in order to do what an adult should actually do because they are an adult - that is be responsible for your equipment and put it up properly at the end of the day. Of course leadership isn't helping with that either. They would start a sign out program and set up a book with sheets and then forget after the sheets were all used up to replenish them. So the idea of "signing out" equipment never lasted long enough to help combat the loss of devices.

Equupment control was great when we kept the door locked and required a TL/ETL or HR TM to sign out/in devices. Until that date we were down one lost device. Now, two more have gone missing. We have 122 total, including 4 myCheckouts, and the powers are getting more laxed with it, all the while asking me what out status is weekly, haha.

That said, we've also been talking about just a few TMs being logged in. I walked in today literally as the one on my desk had the icon pop up, so I started fooling with it. It's simple enough to use, the audio quality is fine, but I just feel like our TMs won't "get it". I see it as a potential plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back