Archived MyFa pick batch question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I just plow through until the end of any Pick Batch I start, which makes me late for leaving almost every time I finish a shift helping SFS. Normally not a problem and more time = more money. However sooner or later I'm going to have a need for a hard stop.

If a batch is working slow and it looks like there is no way to finish it close to a specific time is there any way to safely stop working it and "release" the remainder of the batch so that I can return my cart to the shipping station and get where I need to be next? Or is there no turning back and I am doomed to leave my main workcenter hanging while I track down an endless and elusive list of unlocated toddler clothing and mis-pushed intimates.

Nope. You can suspend it and tell whoever else is working or leave a note on the cart saying that you ran out of time and picked part of batch xxx.

I usually switch over to packing instead of starting a batch I may not be able to finish.

Switching to packing sounds like the most feasible approach for my situation. I'll try to get some training. Thanks!

Got some packing experience so that's been very helpful.

What exactly does the "Suspend" option do while picking a batch? When/why/how to use it?

Got some packing experience so that's been very helpful.

What exactly does the "Suspend" option do while picking a batch? When/why/how to use it?
It does exactly what it sounds like. It exits back to the pack & ship menu and leaves your batch where you left off. To resume picking, just go back into pick batches and choose the batch you were working on. It will say something about continuing and will list the hold locations being used in that batch. If you had skipped anything or hit "item not here" on anything, those items will appear in the batch again.

I use it if I need to stop picking for any reason (most commonly when I need to grab a store pickup). I also use it often when I have a backroom location in the Electronics lockup on the other side of the store in my batch. I skip those locations, and then when I get to that side of the store, I suspend the batch and go back in and it starts at the first item I haven't picked yet. Or sometimes I'm right in front of an item I think I need, and I hit "item not here" instead of "item info." I can just suspend and go back into the batch.

My process is to do the following:

1) drop the orders to the "pick batches" function
2) click "pick batches"
3) scan a "home" 3-tier cart to see how many items are in that batch
  • if a lot ( ie: more than 15-20 ) I will "suspend" the batch and repeat the process looking for a smaller # of items
  • if a small number, I will proceed to process the orders w/in that batch
  • sometimes I will start with the 1st batch (usually the largest at the start of the day ) and then scroll down to the last batch ( usually smaller ); then return to the pack station with the large & small batch(es) in one cart.
4) get another cart & start with the next batch at the top of the list

My store wants me to focus my time on picking batches vs. picking then packing then picking then packing. This way we most often get all batches picked by the 2:00pm deadline.

One thing I do not think it right with the metric is... a batch is not considered "picked" until scanned into the pack station. I feel once it has been picked and assigned a location in the cart it has been "picked". More than once I have returned to the pack station w/5 or so "small" batches after 2:00pm and get "dinged" for being late.

As for actual picking ( locating the inevitable non-located items ):

1) in apparel I will first search the area "visually" and if I think I found a match look at the DPCI to see if it is the right match
2) if I cannot find "visually", I will seek out someone in the department to see if they have seen the item I am looking for
3) if all else fails, I pull out the red myDevice and select the RFID app, enter the DPCI and then scan the floor, dressing room storage, then INF the item.

At the end of the batch, I will then proceed to the backroom, using the RFID app and search our hanging items for matches for ann INF items.

What I really wish Target would do (even with the visualization merchandiser) is:
  • locate the item ( all DPCI's for the item ) to a rack.
  • I do not care which side, just the fact it is on a specific rack.
  • If moved or split up into multiple locations, untie the item ( all DPCI's for them item ) on that rack and tie it to the new rack.
  • Same for the walls.
As I see it... having the items at least tied to a rack or wall location will help SFS find the item faster, help the pricing team find the item faster, help the flow team members find where the items should go when received.

Yes... it will require a little effort up front, but imagine the time saved in the long run.

In the event I cannot locate it anywhere, even with help and the RFID - my store requires us to contact the LOD to have them help find it. If they cannot find it, they will ZERO it out of the myWork app so that it is not called up on a later order request. This was in part to a very high 18+% INF score during a recent remodel ( good luck to all you future stores slated for remodels ) - which we have now reduced to 4% or less on a weekly basis.

Has anyone come across the annoying "bug(s)" in myFA whereby:
  • if you INF an item twice ( once during your initial search and again at the end of the batch ). that sometimes the pick batch system gets "lost" and will pull up this item from the prior batch even though you are on to the next order within the batch ??
  • or.... if you run thru a couple-three batches without issue too the same cart, but your next / current batch needs to be "suspended" which then makes all the batches assigned to that cart "active" again. This requires you to re-open each batch and click "pick new batch" until you get back to the batch that says "continue picking to this location"???
This is a major bug / annoyance that needs addressed.
  • The system needs to be fixed that once a batch is "closed" (ie: select pick a new batch), it needs to be locked from re-opening or from becoming "active" again.
Anyone else have any issue(s) they have come across that maybe we can set up a new discussion topic just for myFA Q&A and hopefully send end-user bug lists and enhancements ideas to I/T to address?

What I really wish Target would do (even with the visualization merchandiser) is:
  • locate the item ( all DPCI's for the item ) to a rack.
  • I do not care which side, just the fact it is on a specific rack.
  • If moved or split up into multiple locations, untie the item ( all DPCI's for them item ) on that rack and tie it to the new rack.
  • Same for the walls.
As I see it... having the items at least tied to a rack or wall location will help SFS find the item faster, help the pricing team find the item faster, help the flow team members find where the items should go when received.
Im not sure how much help that would be. It's hard enough finding the tables since the aisle numbers aren't in any order and are always being moved around.

Nearly every time I can't find a hanging item, I am able to find other sizes and the area where it should be. The problem is when stuff gets stolen, or misplaced, or gets shoved anywhere by lazy TMs (who aren't going to be less lazy if the item has a location).

Locations for hanging would also slow down the Flow process, since new TMs would feel the need to find the tag, scan it, and look at the aisle numbers for every item. They wouldn't try to learn where stuff goes visually.

The best way to handle softlines items is to stop sending orders for it to the stores! Let the dedicated fulfillment centers handle that shit!

I'm sure you are all excited about the news that all tables in SL will no longer be located! This you couldn't find things before? Get used to using the Locate DPCI function!

I'm sure you are all excited about the news that all tables in SL will no longer be located! This you couldn't find things before? Get used to using the Locate DPCI function!
I didn't hear that one...

They are still located. Just no labels.
Ours still have labels, though it seems like a lot of them are individual labels instead of strips. I just figured it was from the VM moving stuff around.

The no more labels thing is to make it easier to flex the tables. The tables should all have price point signs now. In fact, they are supposed to take off the label holders.

The no more labels thing is to make it easier to flex the tables. The tables should all have price point signs now. In fact, they are supposed to take off the label holders.
Lol, they didn't get that memo at my store. We have the large price signs and individual labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back