Archived Never Answer the phone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullwinkle72

Ermahgerd Terghet
When they call you to extend your hours ONCE AGAIN THIS WEEK! You start renaming your work # to this.. HAHAHAHA
4D37BD65-A109-4D9A-868B-E216F2A6B24A_zpstspz05ha.jpeg

Crap it’s work

Last edited:
Guys I don’t mind them calling it’s all a joke and I answer everytime along with taking the hours Everytime!

Man, just say no. Make friends with the FR, let them know that maybe you want to be on the bottom of the list or, if you're like me, to not call at all. I've answered a few times when I was at the bar and those are hilarious conversations, especially when they say they wish they could join me. If your schedule is really important, you can also set up a relationship where you show initiative and call in requesting shifts or just asking ahead if that kind of flexibility is available (which it is, sometimes, but don't rely on this process too much).

I do have my moments of weakness though, my favorite SL TL calling me = yes, but she also knows to never abuse that privilege so I know if she's calling me she's really in a bind. My ETL/STL? That is a no, always.

Last edited:
I use to dread it when I was part time but like others said it’s not a requirement to come in. Now as a full time usually I only get calls if it’s an emergency.

I never ever EVER answer my phone in general. It certainly isn't happening for Target.

You realize if you click on the picture it brings up your account with your full name might want to fix that

notfit05, you will need to delete the photo in the quote as well. Even though bullwinkle72 removed the photo from her own post and photobucket, we can still know what her full name is. Her name is part of the link address of that image in your quote of her post.

Last edited:
If I am at work and they ask me to come in on a day off etc or stay later I almost always do it . However, if they call I never answer. I let them leave a voicemail listen to it and then decide .

I have C.R.E.A.M. by Wu-tang Clan set as my Target ringtone

I'm one of only 2 people they call for a hardlines shift because they know I'll actually answer and come in anytime barring terminal cancer or an asteroid impact

#money #cash #skrilla #benjis #flow #cheese #cheddar #dinero #golds #dollah bills

If I am at work and they ask me to come in on a day off etc or stay later I almost always do it . However, if they call I never answer. I let them leave a voicemail listen to it and then decide .

Just answer if you tell me no I don't beg I can get on my way sooner and tell the other ETLs your busy so they don't call too

lol a while back one of the LODs called me and asked me to work 8 hours not realizing that I was scheduled 40 hours that week already (no OT allowed) and I said "48 hours?! Don't mind if I do!" and she said "HA nevermind, I should've checked your schedule first, nice try though" and I regretted not keeping my mouth shut and showing up all sneaky like...dat $17.25 an hour tho

but they are now wise to my schemes and probably triple check that shit now that I have a solid rep for being an OT fiend

lol a while back one of the LODs called me and asked me to work 8 hours not realizing that I was scheduled 40 hours that week already (no OT allowed) and I said "48 hours?! Don't mind if I do!" and she said "HA nevermind, I should've checked your schedule first, nice try though" and I regretted not keeping my mouth shut and showing up all sneaky like...dat $17.25 an hour tho

but they are now wise to my schemes and probably triple check that shit now that I have a solid rep for being an OT fiend

Haha yup when I call someone and they are too happy to come in i assume they are over 40 lol

When they had me calling TMs I had the wall schedule in front of me so I could see how many days/hours they had for the week & made my list from there.

I do something similar too. I have the myTime schedule in front of me and organize it by who is scheduled the least hours to the most hours. I call those who have lower hours or those who usually would happily pick up more shifts (but wouldn't hit OT) first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back