Archived New dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I have worn makeup on a handful of occasions, so while I could stock, research, and price change the hell out of cosmetics I couldn’t sell a darn thing. That’s why I think Target should split the tasks. Have “experts” with selling/zoning and “experts” on tasks. I mean, if they’re going to continue down this road.

"Oh, you're interested in sunscreen? I recommend this brand. It's more expensive, but it doesn't leave my face greasy or cause a white cast on my face. I'm wearing it right now!"

Boom! You just sold a $20 bottle of sunscreen. And you don't have to wear makeup. But apparently you're still spending $20 on spf according to my hypothetical scenario.....

Y'all need to band together to demand raises for added costs in wardrobe and make up. Or just all agree to stop wearing makeup altogether...are they really going to fire the whole team?

I mean really, I barely wear any makeup and guests are still fine stopping me in HBA to ask questions.

"Oh, you're interested in sunscreen? I recommend this brand. It's more expensive, but it doesn't leave my face greasy or cause a white cast on my face. I'm wearing it right now!"

Boom! You just sold a $20 bottle of sunscreen. And you don't have to wear makeup. But apparently you're still spending $20 on spf according to my hypothetical scenario.....
True, but it makes sense, especially if it’s a product you typically buy and use anyway, or if it’s something that won’t cause a breakout on your face! I couldn’t work in beauty with my sensitive skin, thank goodness I only work over there during new resets(and it’s usually overnight)

Yeah. I have worn makeup on a handful of occasions, so while I could stock, research, and price change the hell out of cosmetics I couldn’t sell a darn thing. That’s why I think Target should split the tasks. Have “experts” with selling/zoning and “experts” on tasks. I mean, if they’re going to continue down this road.
This. I do wear make-up but it's minimal. I used to push cosmetics and could do it faster and more accurately than, I think, anyone else. (That's not really a brag; I enjoy picky, detailed work and viewed it as a challenge to get all those little bottle of nail polish or whatever in their places. Almost everyone else who was sent to help dreaded it.) Current beauty TMs might be able to sell and some of them know how to zone, but stocking to the right places? Not so much.

How can they enforce that when they can't even get some TMs to shower?

Your joking but this is true. One of my peers fired a tm for smelling bad, he filed for unemployment and Target had to pay out because our unfit for work policy only applies to smelling like pot or alcohol, not body order

So Monday, our ETLs had a huge meeting with our STL. Afterwards, our ETL Sales Floor had a meeting with anyone that works in beauty or A&A. Basically they were told if you are scheduled beauty, you MUST have a full face of makeup on, and someone mentioned that you have to switch your look up as well. As for A&A, the new rules say no t-shirts, no polos, no v-necks. You must also wear form fitting pants, no denim(even on weekends). Is this just something new happening at my store, or is this company-wide??

Hahahaha....

Meanwhile we have a TM who can walk around with his butt hanging out of his pants on a daily basis.

Your joking but this is true. One of my peers fired a tm for smelling bad, he filed for unemployment and Target had to pay out because our unfit for work policy only applies to smelling like pot or alcohol, not body order

What? This is strongly over looked in my old state.

This is all a lawsuit waiting to happen. Besides the clearly sexist ideas mixed in those with legit allergies can eat them alive. I cant wear any make up because of my issues and my skin is exrremely picky on the clothes i buy and what i use to wash them. Go ahead let them come at me we can dance I will get my shoes

It would be a tough case, because apparently employees can make makeup part of a dress code. In target's case, in my state at least, they can't even enforce all khaki, so I doubt the makeup thing would work.

This would be a shit storm for them for PR. Something about forcing women to wear makeup seems contradictory to things like their stance on restrooms.

Having said all that, I'm skeptical that the OP of this thread is even telling the details of this correctly. I'd like to see some proof.

I don’t know anyone who wears a full face of makeup except transplants from the South or teenagers trying to cover up their acne. Full face of makeup indicates foundation, blush, eye shadow, mascara, lipstick, the whole 9 yards. In my part of the American West, that just doesn’t translate.

I can see having the expectation for a more stylish wardrobe. I cannot see the same for makeup because who’s to say the woman who goes au naturel doesn’t spend a fortune on skin care products to have the kind of skin that doesn’t need makeup?

This is all a lawsuit waiting to happen. Besides the clearly sexist ideas mixed in those with legit allergies can eat them alive. I cant wear any make up because of my issues and my skin is exrremely picky on the clothes i buy and what i use to wash them. Go ahead let them come at me we can dance I will get my shoes

Except gender-based uniforms and styles are allowed.

Can my employer require me to wear makeup? - https://www.employmentlawfirms.com/resources/can-my-employer-require-me-wear-makeup.htm

Reactions: NPC
If you have a legit, medically documented allergy to something, you’d be protected under ADA.

The worst thing I ever saw in my store was ass sweat on someone, distinctly tinged a slight shade of brown compared to their pants. I can handle some mild BO, but I can't tolerate TMs who smell like salty ass sweat. Dear God, why!

I don’t know anyone who wears a full face of makeup except transplants from the South or teenagers trying to cover up their acne. Full face of makeup indicates foundation, blush, eye shadow, mascara, lipstick, the whole 9 yards. In my part of the American West, that just doesn’t translate.

I can see having the expectation for a more stylish wardrobe. I cannot see the same for makeup because who’s to say the woman who goes au naturel doesn’t spend a fortune on skin care products to have the kind of skin that doesn’t need makeup?

We have a few ladies that go all out. They work on the front end though.

I personally just choose not to wear makeup to work. I don't think it makes me look any more professional. Of course sometimes I do for fun. But I'm in the category of, I'd rather spend my money on skin care. Being well groomed doesn't require makeup. Just have clean skin, shaped eyebrows, no flaky lips, and neat hair. Done!

I’ve always wanted to be in beauty, I used to wear prom-level makeup every single day but now for my face I only wear concealer under my eyes and contour since I have good skin now and don’t need to wear foundation anymore. But I still fill in my eyebrows, do a smoky eye with winged eyeliner and false eyelashes so I have a lot of girls come up to me and ask me about makeup recommendations (you can probably spot my long ass eyelashes from across the store).

If I were to go into Ulta or Sephora and the employee helping me didn’t have any makeup on I wouldn’t think twice because I’d know since they’re working there they know what they’re talking about. However at a place like target or Walmart where it’s all drugstore makeup, I wouldn’t really look to anyone in the store for help with makeup because I’d just assume they didn’t really know, unless they had a full face on. So I can see why they think wearing makeup would be a good thing if you’re in beauty, however there’s no way in hell it should be a requirement, Target is not as fancy as they like to think they are.

I’ve always wanted to be in beauty, I used to wear prom-level makeup every single day but now for my face I only wear concealer under my eyes and contour since I have good skin now and don’t need to wear foundation anymore. But I still fill in my eyebrows, do a smoky eye with winged eyeliner and false eyelashes so I have a lot of girls come up to me and ask me about makeup recommendations (you can probably spot my long ass eyelashes from across the store).

If I were to go into Ulta or Sephora and the employee helping me didn’t have any makeup on I wouldn’t think twice because I’d know since they’re working there they know what they’re talking about. However at a place like target or Walmart where it’s all drugstore makeup, I wouldn’t really look to anyone in the store for help with makeup because I’d just assume they didn’t really know, unless they had a full face on. So I can see why they think wearing makeup would be a good thing if you’re in beauty, however there’s no way in hell it should be a requirement, Target is not as fancy as they like to think they are.

I fill in my brows too, even if I don't wear any other makeup. If I don't, like I'm in a rush, I still at least brush them with a spooly. Simply having groomed eyebrows makes such a huge difference. Otherwise, you can see how they got all fucked up from rolling in bed all night. Lol
19642543_1794796663873304_7504815442751826033_n.jpg

have you asked to crosstrain. also have you seen the beauty blowout remodel?
1122_ocr-l-targetorg-02.jpg

I fill in my brows too, even if I don't wear any other makeup. If I don't, like I'm in a rush, I still at least brush them with a spooly. Simply having groomed eyebrows makes such a huge difference. Otherwise, you can see how they got all fucked up from rolling in bed all night. Lol
19642543_1794796663873304_7504815442751826033_n.jpg
Omg yes my appearance improves like 30% just from brushing my eyebrows I always keep a spoolie in my purse lmao

Reactions: NPC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back