Archived New Food Team Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just recently got promoted from a PA (FA) to a FTL. I feel the need to add that I am only 20 years old, with no degree. I started with the company when I was 16 years old & worked my rear end off & proved myself. I went from one of the highest volume stores in our district to one of the lower volume struggling stores. I will be over market, Starbucks, & Target Cafe. As of right now the thing I am struggling with the most is having to remind myself that I am now a leader, not a team member. & I am having a hard time establishing what type of leader I aim to be & it doesn't help that I am fairly insecure of the fact that I don't have a degree. Does anyone have any suggestions? What are characteristics you expect of your best leaders? & as far as food goes, what are some critical food safety topics you feel need to be heard & emphasized to the team?

Don't worry about the lack of degree. Having a degree doesn't really matter for a team lead. Some dtls want seniors to have one.

Welcome aboard!

What I look for in a leader is them willing to lead by example. My favorite TLs are the ones that will get their hands dirty when needed.

it doesn't help that I am fairly insecure of the fact that I don't have a degree.
A college degree doesn't mean much for a TL. I'd bet many of your peers don't have one either. And if you do decide to get one (assuming you're not in college right now), you can get tuition reimbursement as a TL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back