Archived New hires are making more than me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HxQh9Xz.gif

If you actually got keyed into Starbucks, then the minimum amount of money you can make is 10.50. Either you didn't get keyed (most likely), or there is an error. You should probably get increased to 10.90.

I'm 4 months into my 3rd year and I make 10.53.

lol

@Xanatos, Thank you, that makes sense. I was told I was keyed at the beginning of October, so that's frustrating. How would you suggest I go about correcting this?

One of the biggest pay issues is people who cross train not getting paid for their new work center. If I remember correctly over half your shifts have to be in that new work center for your base pay to change. So someone who works 4 days in softlines and only one day in Starbucks will stay at the softlines rate.

Above post is great advice, ask your TL and they will likely refer you to HR. Its an easy fix for us to change your pay rate.

One of the biggest pay issues is people who cross train not getting paid for their new work center. If I remember correctly over half your shifts have to be in that new work center for your base pay to change. So someone who works 4 days in softlines and only one day in Starbucks will stay at the softlines rate.

Above post is great advice, ask your TL and they will likely refer you to HR. Its an easy fix for us to change your pay rate.
I am going through this now. Talked to ETL-HR last week and she said she will look at my schedules to verify that I work more than 50% outside of my original work center.

I am going through this now. Talked to ETL-HR last week and she said she will look at my schedules to verify that I work more than 50% outside of my original work center.

I went through this as well. Their solution? Put me back in the work center with the lower pay rate. And I was working in MULTIPLE work centers with higher pay rates for months. *Sigh*

I went through this as well. Their solution? Put me back in the work center with the lower pay rate. And I was working in MULTIPLE work centers with higher pay rates for months. *Sigh*
That is what I am afraid of. I love working in the other work centers.

It's a trade-off: do you want more pay for some hours or do you want more hours?
I opted for the hours since being global kept me near 40 & the change of pace kept me from going postal.

It's a trade-off: do you want more pay for some hours or do you want more hours?
I opted for the hours since being global kept me near 40 & the change of pace kept me from going postal.

In my situation, I was getting 40 hours. Primarily in the higher-paying areas, supplemented by a shift here or there in the lower-paying one. All I wanted was to keep that arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back