Archived New Paygrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target "logic."

HDFgLjj.gif

Unfortunately, not all stores have approachable or helpful HR.

A tm told me she asked our etl hr when the new rates start and her response was "all I know is $15 in 2020!" Thanks a lot, ma'am. Very helpful lol. The tm was convinced we wouldn't go to 11 until May when the review and raises normally happen and that it was only 11 now for seasonal tms because why else would she be brushed off when asking about it.

A tm told me she asked our etl hr when the new rates start and her response was "all I know is $15 in 2020!" Thanks a lot, ma'am. Very helpful lol. The tm was convinced we wouldn't go to 11 until May when the review and raises normally happen and that it was only 11 now for seasonal tms because why else would she be brushed off when asking about it.
if i could only afford a lawyer, for back pay.

So if we work logistics and our store base is already at $11 we won't be getting the job differential?

So if we work logistics and our store base is already at $11 we won't be getting the job differential?
I literally just answered this question when you asked it yesterday. Yes, everyone in logistics gets job differential. Job differential is usually between $.50-$1.00. I think the only way to make this clearer is to tell you that I'm 99% sure that your store will see no changes other than paygrade changes. I'm assuming logistics at your store starts out between $11.50-$12.00 and that should not change at all. Your pay will stay the same.

HR TM is probably the most valuable non-leadership position in the store in terms of your resume and escaping retail. I love my HR TMs and I'm sure it sucks to feel like they're being demoted to the bottom paygrade, but honestly Spot can probably get away with it because if you leave there are plenty of people itching to take your place.

Not true. As of today everyone's raises have kicked in. They are automatic.

It's kind of a fallacy that they can keep you under base.

HR TM is probably the most valuable non-leadership position in the store in terms of your resume and escaping retail. I love my HR TMs and I'm sure it sucks to feel like they're being demoted to the bottom paygrade, but honestly Spot can probably get away with it because if you leave there are plenty of people itching to take your place.

So true. Lots of internal applicants when a hrtm quits

Not true. As of today everyone's raises have kicked in. They are automatic.

It's kind of a fallacy that they can keep you under base.

Yup. My hr etl is useless. I told the tm that it definitely started for us in October and she was like I'll believe it when I see it lol. That was before I knew the date it started (yesterday, I learned from you. Thanks)

So true. Lots of internal applicants when a hrtm quits

Yep, lots of folks want the job internally and externally. That's for sure.

Whether they last though is another story. There have been HRTMs at my store who transferred work centers or quit abruptly because they couldn't handle all the stressful multi-tasking we had to do.

Last edited:
Would anyone know if you gain a pay increase, if it would show immediately on target pay and benefits? Mine still shows my same pay from before, but I'm assuming electronics is moving up.

Would anyone know if you gain a pay increase, if it would show immediately on target pay and benefits? Mine still shows my same pay from before, but I'm assuming electronics is moving up.
Probably not. It usually has "As of [date]" listed there and it's unlikely to be updated already.

I overheard my VM complaining to an ETL that they had lost all their TL privileges. They felt like since they were told it was just a title change, they were blindsided. Sounds rough.

I overheard my VM complaining to an ETL that they had lost all their TL privileges. They felt like since they were told it was just a title change, they were blindsided. Sounds rough.
So... no more LOD shifts for the former VMTL?

Every log should be 11.50 minimum.

Are you sure? I asked my SrTL HR today if i was getting a pay increase (I make between 11 and 11.50 in a logistics position). He said no. I asked about the differential and he said no thats just for working nights.

It updates like once a month. That site is run by Hewitt, so the pay info isn't coming from Target's systems in real time.

Wonder if we will see a raise at the dc now , past few years instaead of a raise they just said here’s 500.00 if you’ve been here xyz years or more ooh btw we’re doing the usual tax and 401k deductions out of it also ... equates to about a 25 cent and hour raise roughly

I guess, they don't lose their pay... with the new rules they werent supposed to be writing schedules anyways.

Really only change is loss of ability to coach. Depending on their status in the store they are still considered leaders ans can be invited to meetings

VMTL should be never had LOD shifts as they were never eligible for SR.TL

Not true, some stores had a senior vmtl although it's not ideal.

It updates like once a month. That site is run by Hewitt, so the pay info isn't coming from Target's systems in real time.

True best bet is to check your EHR stub on a Tuesday of pay week.

Are you sure? I asked my SrTL HR today if i was getting a pay increase (I make between 11 and 11.50 in a logistics position). He said no. I asked about the differential and he said no thats just for working nights.

Not to say he is lying but he is confusing shift differential (overnights) with job differential

I guess, they don't lose their pay... with the new rules they werent supposed to be writing schedules anyways.

Really only change is loss of ability to coach. Depending on their status in the store they are still considered leaders ans can be invited to meetings

I see VM as being the Signing TM, but with way better pay, now.

Shit I would be great, I actually try to work my ass off everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back