Archived New Paygrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. That's essentially what they got before and it's what they'll get now.
I don't believe I ever received a job differential. I know I'm getting $1 more an hour for working overnights. How would I check to see if I'm already getting a job differential?

I don't believe I ever received a job differential. I know I'm getting $1 more an hour for working overnights. How would I check to see if I'm already getting a job differential?
What I meant is that you weren't getting paid at the minimum rate before and you will continue to get paid at approximately that same rate. Before, you were paid about $.50 more than cashiers/sales floor/etc. due to your position and that will still be true. The only difference is that your pay difference (relative to cashier/etc) used to be due to a higher paygrade, but now it will be due to job differential. It's almost the same thing with different words.

Edit: to add an example at my own store -
Cashiers used to make $10 and flow used to make $10.50. Now cashiers make $11 and flow makes $11.50. If we were an overnight store, the numbers for flow would be $11.50 before and $12.50 now. This is all assuming the job differential is $.50, which I don't know for sure. Either way, the paygrade difference and the job differential are very, very similar.

Last edited:
Edit: to add an example at my own store -
Cashiers used to make $10 and flow used to make $10.50. Now cashiers make $11 and flow makes $11.50. If we were an overnight store, the numbers for flow would be $11.50 before and $12.50 now. This is all assuming the job differential is $.50, which I don't know for sure. Either way, the paygrade difference and the job differential are very, very similar.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Flow is now the lowest paygrade meaning you have the lowest maximum wage. The job differential just simply means flow will continue to make slightly more than the minimum that cashier's and guest service folks are paid

Last edited:
Couldn't have said it better myself. Flow is now the lowest paygrade meaning you have the lowest maximum wage. The job differential just simply means flow will continue to make less than the minimum that cashier's and guest service folks are paid
Its disgusting.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Flow is now the lowest paygrade meaning you have the lowest maximum wage. The job differential just simply means flow will continue to make less than the minimum that cashier's and guest service folks are paid
The next time an A&A cart comes to GS needing to be defected out, guess they will need to be taking ownership of their defects and not me.

Our HR Sorority Sister is driving our HRTM crazy with what she does and doesn't do. She doesn't seem to want to learn what she needs to know either.
We have a wonderful older woman who has been there 10 yrs who does all the HRTM stuff and she does most everything short of the actual interviewing. Sometimes I wonder exactly what Our HR-ETL does other than making useless posters to fill her offices and responding to volunteer emails.

We have a wonderful older woman who has been there 10 yrs who does all the HRTM stuff and she does most everything short of the actual interviewing. Sometimes I wonder exactly what Our HR-ETL does other than making useless posters to fill her offices and responding to volunteer emails.

Mine now is alright since she's a good a LOD but my old one I swear all he as good at was ordering lunch for the other ETLs @Bosch

Mine now is alright since she's a good a LOD but my old one I swear all he as good at was ordering lunch for the other ETLs @Bosch

My old hr was actively trying to get me fired. She had a lot of team members fooled, but she was shady and played favorites.

The next time an A&A cart comes to GS needing to be defected out, guess they will need to be taking ownership of their defects and not me.

Yooooo... I would’ve been doing this with no pay increase if these hos ever gave me a gotdamn device! This was the main argument that made me leave sl. I could’ve been charging shit out, doing online prices, repackages and all of it without anything building up. These MFs kept promising to get permanent equipment for FR and they didn’t. They still haven’t. I think only 2 of the current sl tms know how to use mywork at all because my store is so stingy with equipment when it comes to sl. If you get one, they’re gonna ask for it back for flex, food ave, price accuracy, whoever else is more important.

Idk if your store has that problem, though. Just saying some of us aren’t opposed to that aspect.

Unfortunately, not all stores have approachable or helpful HR.
Which is surprising but I only have worked for one store. Been through 4 HR ETLs in 2 years but every single one of them just transferred and did not quit except for the fourth who is still with us. She's a legend as far as real care for the company AS WELL as the people who provide the store the excellent service they strive for. I really wonder if bad stores just remain bad due to the overall vibe and a complete rehire would save the morale and efficiency? Bring in totally new people for the whole store. I know that's a huge thing to think about but I'd say by what I read online- many stores need some sort of kick in the pants.

I was pulled into the stl office , he had to break the news that I would get a 3 cents raise !
I told him ( I am not shy by the way ) that it was a slap in the face , and that after being with Target for 7 years , I am making the same than new TM
He then told me the cap was higher now ! I had to remind him that , since there would be an automatic raise to get to $15 , I will never be capped !
He then said that I would be eligible for merit raises , I said they would erased by the time we get to $15 .
But then he went for the famous “opportunities “ to move up bla bla bla .
I told him that it didn’t care , I will always do my best , but it doesn’t mean I like it !
He understood my points, and other TMs have voiced the same complaints !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back