Archived New Paygrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's jut the paygrade.

Like the 03 part in N03, there was an N05/07+ too.
No I get that I just mean why 30, 40, 45. Why not like 1,2,3,4 etc? Do those numbers hold any significance or are they just random?

Last edited:
No I get that I just mean why 30, 40, 45. Why not like 1,2,3,4 etc? Do those numbers hold any significance or are they just random?

That's how they used to do it. There are fewer paygrades now and ditching the old numbers of 3,5,7,9,11,13,15 and 17 probably avoids confusion.

I talked to my TL about this today after hearing nothing from my store and she looked me in the eye and told me it was false information that all TMs were getting raised to $11 base and that it only applies to new hires. Is this something a store can do? Is she clueless and doesn't have the information?

I talked to my TL about this today after hearing nothing from my store and she looked me in the eye and told me it was false information that all TMs were getting raised to $11 base and that it only applies to new hires. Is this something a store can do? Is she clueless and doesn't have the information?
If you are due a raise, you will get it. TL is clueless.

Lmao no offense but she's an idiot. Its in the news. I have posted photos of actual communication about the new base. To be honest outside of HR and the STL. Most TLs and ETLs don't even know how much you make until it's review time

Lmao no offense but she's an idiot. Its in the news. I have posted photos of actual communication about the new base. To be honest outside of HR and the STL. Most TLs and ETLs don't even know how much you make until it's review time

I was 99.9% sure but I'm glad to hear it from people on this forum to confirm it. Honestly, she is not a very smart person and that's putting it mildly. I don't take any offense.

She is making stuff up. When your store's base pay changes, all TMs whose current pay rate is below the minimum pay amount for their pay grade level will get a raise to bring them up to the minimum pay amount. If anyone's pay rate change accidentally got missed by corporate, we can submit a UCR to get everything fixed plus any retro pay.

Example:
PG 30 is $11.
Current Cashier TM is making $10.75. A $0.25 raise will be given to make it $11.
New Cashier TM will also make $11.

Hasnt gone into effect yet. You will probably be pulled in by your HR to be told your new paygrade either this week or next.
When you say "probably pulled in by HR" is this an ASANTS thing? As far as I can tell, no one in my store has been pulled aside yet, including TMs who will definitely be getting a raise.

When you say "probably pulled in by HR" is this an ASANTS thing? As far as I can tell, no one in my store has been pulled aside yet, including TMs who will definitely be getting a raise.

Must be. They are supposed to notify you if you are getting one but not every store does all that.

I am not agreeing with them not telling you guys but here is a potential reason why: it could be that they don't want TMs getting upset. An ETL-HR told me that lots of TMs got super pissed off at him whenever they were verbally informed that the base pay has gone up. They really didn't like that new TMs can make as much as them. After dealing with too many mad TMs, the raises are now a "surprise" on the check.

Today, a TM asked when is the new minimum pay rate effective?
When is it effective?
This is for current TMs, also?

My co worker said she asked a new hire (cashiering) how much is she being paid?
The new hire said $11.50/hr.
Why an additional .50 cents, she said she was told she will be paid 50 cents on top of the $11, no reason given.

Wow, she is making more than me....

Today, a TM asked when is the new minimum pay rate effective?
When is it effective?
This is for current TMs, also?

Why an additional .50 cents, she said she was told she will be paid 50 cents on top of the $11, no reason given.

No new cashier is making 11.50 unless the store minimum is higher than 11 lol she's FOS.

I can access the paygrade for every store in the company. They all start new cashiers at the minimum

No new cashier is making 11.50 unless the store minimum is higher than 11 lol she's FOS.

I can access the paygrade for every store in the company. They all start new cashiers at the minimum

Ours start at $13.

Is your co-worker certain that the new hire is a cashier? It could be that the person got hired in a specialty position but is getting cashier trained just in case the store needs backup.

Another reason could be that your store's starting pay is now $11.50. My previous ETL requested raises often so the base pay used to go up by 50 cents a lot.

I am not agreeing with them not telling you guys but here is a potential reason why: it could be that they don't want TMs getting upset.

What about those of us in "specialty" roles? I am softlines and am at less than $11. I sure as hell hope I'm going to be told I'm going up to $11.50.

Yep, lots of folks want the job internally and externally. That's for sure.

Whether they last though is another story. There have been HRTMs at my store who transferred work centers or quit abruptly because they couldn't handle all the stressful multi-tasking we had to do.

I love my HRTM position and love handling issues with my team, but my ETL is useless and I’m not sure what she does other than taking credit for my work. My STL still has me writing the schedule, orientations, screening applications, setting up volunteer events, following up with attendance, making sure training gets done, FFF events, terminations, LOAs, United way campaign, open enrollment for benefits, payroll, the list goes on. Not to mention my team comes to me instead of our ETL HR with their problems. Plus I have to do cash office and fill in on the sales floor when we are short staffed. I think I deserve to get paid more than a cashier. So good luck with them finding someone to do all that and get paid like a cashier. Plus I think with them cutting the ETL HR out of low volume stores (except mine is still here and was supposed to be let go in August) I think it’s just a matter of time before HRTMs get cut. So I’ll just go be a cashier until I find another job.

So does logistics get 11 or 11:50?

11.50. It's essentially a paygrade 35 without the same maximum rate. That's why they call it a 30 plus job differential.

Some stores with a one dollar differential are paying their log 12 an hour.

My STL still has me writing the schedule, orientations,

Our hrvp is requiring all etl hrs to do their own orientations q4. It was funny watching my etl HR sit in on mine taking notes trying to figure out how to do it.

I think it’s just a matter of time before HRTMs get cut. So I’ll just go be a cashier until I find another job.

I think that's exactly why we have job security most etl hrs don't know how fYsAtFx.jpg to do anything clerical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back