Archived New Paygrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the average for TL pay (grade 40)? Is there any increase for those with a BS degree? I was told at one time it was $3 above TM pay but that was a long time ago and the TLs that told me that did not have degrees.

I was told yesterday I'm getting a small pay raise which I'm okay with. Come April will be review time which will include another small raise and then this time next year they will be tossing us another dollar an hour. I get close to 40 hours a week so I'm not complaining and being the area I live in at the moment I cannot go out and get another retail job making what I am with getting the hours that I do.

I wonder what the difference between Entry and Specialty pay will be. I mean, it's already long past time for me to leave Spot but if I hear that those idiots at my store that I watch spend after closing throwing shoes at each other for 15 minutes and then "not having time to finish the zone" are getting $3 more an hour than I get unloading, pushing, backstocking, zoning, scanning, and helping guests in my area....

And I feel like not letting the entry level plebs pick up "specialty" shifts is just gonna result in a lot of unfilled shifts from swap requests/call-outs, too. They took great effort in getting their TMs crosstrained across the store, and now they won't allow that experience to be put to use even though -- lbr -- the responsibilities of the job haven't changed at all.

All of this recent pay news just seems geared toward pushing out veteran workers, which is dumb when it just means they'll just end up paying more for untrained labor.
50 cents

reason they are specialty is because they now push the truck, do pricing, research, ptm, set pogs and spls, merchandise and set vmg's, and now need to sell in their departments on top of reshop and zoning. this is the same for electronics and beauty. this lack of understanding is going to be what causes people to be upset. i consider it an ok move to line up with E2E. it was unfair earlier when they made the Apparel tm's do all that with base pay from their softlines days.
Ya right. 2 tms in my store push the truck and set pogs. The rest of Softlines pushes truck and texts, talks, stands around at the fitting room. They’ve never done price change or backstock.

If I make more than $12 currently, as a Plano tm, are they going to take 50 cents away since my job is moved to bottom pay grade??? It’s also not eligible for shift pay on the new chart like flow is. Or are we grandfathered?

If I make more than $12 currently, as a Plano tm, are they going to take 50 cents away since my job is moved to bottom pay grade??? It’s also not eligible for shift pay on the new chart like flow is. Or are we grandfathered?

You won't lose any pay unless you change work centers. If you get demoted from a work center of a higher pay grade to a work center of a lower pay grade, then you might lose some pay. Depending on the circumstances, your pay might not change or it could actually increase.

Example of someone getting demoted but gaining pay:
- You are currently a PG 35 TM member who earns $11.50.
- You switch to flow or GSA (PG 30 + job differential) who earns $11.
- The job differential for your particular store is listed as $1 (ASANTS).
- You lose $0.50 because you went from PG 35 to PG 30.
- You gain at least $1 because of the job differential.
- You now earn more than you did before.

What's the average for TL pay (grade 40)? Is there any increase for those with a BS degree? I was told at one time it was $3 above TM pay but that was a long time ago and the TLs that told me that did not have degrees.

I think it's $15 at most stores, so $4 over base pay. A degree will not change your pay at all.

Yeah I think it's officially more like $15, obviously every store is different. You can get bumped up depending on your years of experience. I know peers that are at base and others that are much higher.

Yeah I think it's officially more like $15, obviously every store is different. You can get bumped up depending on your years of experience. I know peers that are at base and others that are much higher.

STL pulled me into his office to inform me that, along with taking over Beauty, I was getting a pay bump. I was kinda excited because I thought that maybe it would be more than base considering I've been a TL for 3 years (plus the added responsibility of Beauty).

Then he said I was getting bumped to $15 (he didn't know that I know what pg 40 base is). *sad trombone*

Kinda disheartening, tbh.

So that means that the days I help with signing at 4am I'll get a dollar? My store has always been 50 cents?

Hi Joel! What @HRZone shared was regarding the job differential. Job differential is tied to your work center so it has nothing to do with the time of the day that you worked. Shift differential is the one that has to do with getting paid an extra amount per hour because you worked early hours.

STL pulled me into his office to inform me that, along with taking over Beauty, I was getting a pay bump. I was kinda excited because I thought that maybe it would be more than base considering I've been a TL for 3 years (plus the added responsibility of Beauty).

Then he said I was getting bumped to $15 (he didn't know that I know what pg 40 base is). *sad trombone*

Kinda disheartening, tbh.

It sounds to me like you aren't getting a raise based on performance, it's simply the bump you are entitled to for being under the minimum TL base. Hardlines is split by whatever leadership sees fit and Beauty is apart of that.

However your raise next year could benefit from your performance and flexibility. I know it sucks but if you like your Job at least it's a step in the right direction!

I get scheduled as Flow most of the time.

My base pay was $11.09. That went up to $11.50 with the new job diff and pay changes. My night diff stuck around, so the 4AM-8AM hours, I get $12.50.

Annoying that this pay raise is more than what I got combined from the 2 reviews I've had since starting at Target.

Degree means nothing at Target (unless you want to be an ETL (faster path) or an STL (required)

^^ at my store, literally the only difference is that the GSA makes the break schedule at opening and closes down the registers at night. TMs can and most often do everything else.

They are exactly the same except GSA gets more $ and TM does not.
No... GSA TM is GSA. same thing.

However neither is the same as Service Desk TM, commonly referred to as GSTM*.

*technically cashiers are also Guest Service Team Members (GSTMs), but most people use GSTM to refer to specifically service desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back