Archived New Paygrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please share with the rest of the class. We'd all like to know.

At my store I was told that AA starts below $11.50 (not sure exactly where they're starting it at yet since I was already above the base). And a brand tm told me that they were told that the brand level wasn't going away (as far as the ETL knew, anyway).

I'm confused as to why there seems to be varying degrees of information communicated, and possibly different information.

job differential involves logistics and a few other work centers who will now be at paygrade 30 but will make a base of $11.50 instead of $11. paygrade 35 also starts at $11.50. the key difference between the two is that paygrade 35 has a higher cap than 30

Yes, and my guess is that this is the way they can temporarily address the logistics teams until they go away come full end to end and eaches replenishment. PG30/35 is the future model, but they still need a flow team for the time being until they get their shit together on that rollout. This is a way for them to use to the flow team until they are no longer needed and then say "Oh you aren't doing that hard of work anymore so your job differential can go away and you are back down to base 30"...

Yes, and my guess is that this is the way they can temporarily address the logistics teams until they go away come full end to end and eaches replenishment. PG30/35 is the future model, but they still need a flow team for the time being until they get their shit together on that rollout. This is a way for them to use to the flow team until they are no longer needed and then say "Oh you aren't doing that hard of work anymore so your job differential can go away and you are back down to base 30"...

I usually trust your information but I don't think they are going away.

I overheard my DTL and even with eaches the dayside team is not going to be able to fill the floor. With the guest service focus I think it's only a matter of time until the FACE areas are not going to be expected to push anymore. They're first second and third priority is to engage the guest.

I found it interesting our beauty tms instructions went from focusing on research to now using the mycheckout to save the sale when we have outs.

End to end wasn't what it was back in February. It has been tweaked very much sense then. I dont think flow is going anywhere. What I've noticed at my store is we are training our flow in cashiering/guest service so they can become versatile and productive team members

that's my gut instinct as well. Even if they don't need to use it, the store will be set up if they need to.

End to end wasn't what it was back in February. It has been tweaked very much sense then. I dont think flow is going anywhere. What I've noticed at my store is we are training our flow in cashiering/guest service so they can become versatile and productive team members

We trained our flow to cashier, now they just ignore the back up calls. Also, they aren't Called Out to back up. So the expectations are low.

Training them to cashier worked out really well. /sarcasm

We trained our flow to cashier, now they just ignore the back up calls. Also, they aren't Called Out to back up. So the expectations are low.

Training them to cashier worked out really well. /sarcasm

Yeah some suck we have had success with our new hires who want to learn to backup than our existing ones who feel like we are adding new job duties.

Yeah some suck we have had success with our new hires who want to learn to backup than our existing ones who feel like we are adding new job duties.
AA now has additional job duties and still have to back up. So we now are supposed to have AA selling on the floor, yet usually, only have one or two staffed and then they are spending a good part of their day on the checklanes.

I usually trust your information but I don't think they are going away.

I overheard my DTL and even with eaches the dayside team is not going to be able to fill the floor. With the guest service focus I think it's only a matter of time until the FACE areas are not going to be expected to push anymore. They're first second and third priority is to engage the guest.

I found it interesting our beauty tms instructions went from focusing on research to now using the mycheckout to save the sale when we have outs.

I've been told that flow is changing. 3 blocks of team members, each only scheduled 4 hours. 4-8,8-12,12-4. Each with 4-5 team members.

One of the HRTMs at my store told me that all TLs will be at, minimum, $15/hr.

That makes sense. The lowest tl paygrade is 3.75 over base if I remember correctly.

Reactions: PMR
Good portion of our flow team speak limited English. When I have a guest who speaks limited English, I seem to manage to communicate with them with my Spanglish.
I speak passable French and Spanish, translate it in my head even better. Didnt help with the little old lady speaking Portuguese. Her kids told her to practice asking for what she needed but she refused to even try. Spent an hour with her before they came back over from baby... lol.

I tried to augment my grade school Spanish. I successfully assisted a lady looking for bread crumbs but on the prompting of SL warned people about dancing fish. I'll get you Alma....

Re: flow team being cross-trained to cashier. If there wasn't the constant high pressure to push red cards, I wouldn't mind going up for back-up at all. Let me engage the guest, ring them up, get them on their way. Don't make me feel like a failure when I don't meet a stupid quota.

I know asants but the red card focus has and is going way down. It's all about good service and getting people out of the store with a smile on their face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back