Archived New Sales Floor Training Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

whippingboy

Produce Peon
I hear they cover hardlines, softlines and market. What does this mean for our stores? Everyone labeled "sales floor" and our beloved MyTime schedules us in whatever department it feels? And what happens to folks who have been at Target for awhile, do they retrain?

I hear they cover hardlines, softlines and market. What does this mean for our stores? Everyone labeled "sales floor" and our beloved MyTime schedules us in whatever department it feels? And what happens to folks who have been at Target for awhile, do they retrain?

In my store we kept everything the same. It would be to much of a hassle to retrain

I think there definitely needs to be some cross training for the sake of familiarity. At my store, hardly anyone knows what is going on outside of their work center which means no one knows how to properly help each other out. Sales floor just makes a pile of backstock in the corner of the backroom because they don't know about fill groups. When I, as a backroom TM, have to go out to softlines to find something for flexible fulfilment, it takes me about 15 minutes because I don't know much about the tables. As a receiver, I can't stand it when milk appears on my desk over night no matter how many times I tell the GSTL that it goes in the dairy cooler.

tl;dr I think exposing TM's to other work centers helps to make things run more smoothly.

I think there definitely needs to be some cross training for the sake of familiarity. At my store, hardly anyone knows what is going on outside of their work center which means no one knows how to properly help each other out. Sales floor just makes a pile of backstock in the corner of the backroom because they don't know about fill groups. When I, as a backroom TM, have to go out to softlines to find something for flexible fulfilment, it takes me about 15 minutes because I don't know much about the tables. As a receiver, I can't stand it when milk appears on my desk over night no matter how many times I tell the GSTL that it goes in the dairy cooler.

tl;dr I think exposing TM's to other work centers helps to make things run more smoothly.
Global TL and global TM is what we call it at my store.

So long as they actually train then for market I have no issues. But a couple hours isn't going to cut it. And as long add they are willing. Not one tm after me has truly been willing, and the whining and lack of effort is already killing us.

It would be nice for more people to be at least trained in market. At my store there are the two PAs, one CTL, and then two TMs (one being me) that can open and closed market. There are certain days each person needs off (besides me, but I can rarely open so I close market 3-4 nights a week) and if one of us calls in on a day only one person can open and only one person is available to close, it doesn't end well...When I started at Spot in July I was trained in softlines and hardlines, and after a month or so I got pulled into market because they said I was excelling so that's mostly where I am now, but it would be nice to have some more people to at least use for call outs.

Hi- I got on today to ask how to find the online training modules- so I am very curious about this- what are you all talking about ? With 2 exceptions, the managers and leaders or whatever they are called are VERY unapproachable- I know this is just a result of how incredibly busy they are- so I mostly try to stay out of their way and come here for questions. The 2 mgrs I can talk to are on different shifts than I am. Do you all know where to find these modules?? Thanks a lot-

Hi- I got on today to ask how to find the online training modules- so I am very curious about this- what are you all talking about ? With 2 exceptions, the managers and leaders or whatever they are called are VERY unapproachable- I know this is just a result of how incredibly busy they are- so I mostly try to stay out of their way and come here for questions. The 2 mgrs I can talk to are on different shifts than I am. Do you all know where to find these modules?? Thanks a lot-

All the training stuff is intranet so you can only do it at the store.
Besides Spot sees that kind of thing as working and wouldn't want you doing at home.
They are on Workbench under the departments.

It would be nice for more people to be at least trained in market. At my store there are the two PAs, one CTL, and then two TMs (one being me) that can open and closed market. There are certain days each person needs off (besides me, but I can rarely open so I close market 3-4 nights a week) and if one of us calls in on a day only one person can open and only one person is available to close, it doesn't end well...When I started at Spot in July I was trained in softlines and hardlines, and after a month or so I got pulled into market because they said I was excelling so that's mostly where I am now, but it would be nice to have some more people to at least use for call outs.
This is a problem in our market as well. I had thurs-Sun off for vacation. Plus the overnight. It won't end well. I've already seen pics of miss-dated cookies. Like not possible long dates. And there's bound to be tons I won't see till I get in my cooler Tuesday to priced the order. And that's with a pa being there to open every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back