Archived New with questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my orientation 2 days ago. I got my schedule and I applied to work for the seasonal sales floor but I see on my first day I will be trained to work as a cashier because It has something to do with me being a minor? and all minors need to be cross-trained I don't know lol, but on my schedule, it doesn't show me who will be training me on my first day as a cashier. So on my first day should I just head to guest services and say that I'm supposed to be trained for a cashier by someone or should I just knock on the back door room to be let in because they never gave me a code or anything to get into the back rooms or even my name tag and I know I'm supposed to come in with my uniform on the first day. The next 2 days I will be trained in hardlines and it actually tells me, my trainer. This will be my first time working as a cashier and I hope its easy because I'm not good at math. I also recently just got 2 emails from target@workday.com regarding my action being needed and its asking for my login id and password, Which I had never gotten that either. I had called the help number trying to figure about what I'm supposed to do they said I need a team member number? I have no idea where I will be getting that from.

Being a minor has nothing to do with being cross trained as a cashier - Everyone on the floor is supposed to be trained. But since you're scheduled for sales floor, most likely it's only for backup when the GSTL/GSA calls for help to the front.

With those emails, check with your HR/clerical. I got those on the first day as well, and they helped me take care of it.

Were you paying attention during orientation ? It’s unfortunate that all those questions were not answered for you then. Although at our store we have had some tm run very thorough orientations while others simply conduct a tour and spread gossip. Stay calm, take it slow. Most tm are happy to help newbies. Seasonal is not WHERE you are working, seasonal means you were not hired as a permanent tm, only for the SEASON (til Jan). First things first: first day go to TSC, get your tm number so you can punch in. After punching in, ask guest service to get the GSTL/GSA running the front to train you on register. EVERY tm learns register first day. Ask lots of questions, listen carefully, I took notes during training but I have O C D and a poor memory. The most important thing to learn is that you are there for the guest (no matter what you are actually doing ) . Good luck, welcome aboard !

One piece of cashiering advice. Someone will try to scam you. Nothing against you, it happens to all of us. If something doesn’t feel right, even if the guest is “doing everything they’re supposed to”, CALL GSTL (manager)! Apologize to guest say sorry I’m new, and let GSTL look over. Scammers will try to convince you not to call, legit guests will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back