Archived new

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a job for seasonal hardlines. i worked home depot, I told them I'm not too comfortable doing cashiering. yet they understood. think i will have to do it anyways? They said No. But Who Knows. Everything else i know, stocking, doing displays, go backs. their main focus was go backs...So i think i'llbe doing alot of that?

Not as much as someone hired to be a cashier, but you WILL be expected to be a back-up cashier.

As a Sales Floor TM in any position you are expected to respond for backup when it's called. That doesn't mean you have to go every single time they call for it, but you can't ignore backup calls forever. Depending on the volume of your store, you might not spend more than a couple minutes on the lanes for backup. I know I personally, having a small team, have spent over an hour on a backup call due to high volume of guests and low numbers of cashiers. It all depends on the situation and your store/area.

TLDR - You have to be a cashier sometimes.

TLDR - You have to be a cashier sometimes.

Not necessarily. My store has two TM's that are not cashier-trained despite having been at the store for long amounts of time. One is a girl that works in softlines, other is a cart attendant.

Hi, welcome to The Break Room @vincentparavoni

This is more of an introduction so I moved your thread.

In answer to your question, it depends a lot on your store ASANTS as it's known around here.
Some stores make everyone on the floor work backup while others are a bit more willing to let some folks slide.
These days though it leans more towards the all hands on deck approach.

A CA that hasn't been trained as a cashier is a CA that won't be around for long.

3164257.jpg

Last edited:
Well slap me around and call me Susan.

Not necessarily. My store has two TM's that are not cashier-trained despite having been at the store for long amounts of time. One is a girl that works in softlines, other is a cart attendant.

I honestly find that hard to believe. Sales Floor TM's and CA's are, as far as I am aware, supposed to be cashier trained. The fact that a Softlines TM isn't even trained astonishes me. ASANTS, I suppose, but holy crap that's just crazy in my opinion.

I honestly find that hard to believe. Sales Floor TM's and CA's are, as far as I am aware, supposed to be cashier trained. The fact that a Softlines TM isn't even trained astonishes me. ASANTS, I suppose, but holy crap that's just crazy in my opinion.

They're both a little, uhh, socially inept. I wouldn't trust either one to handle money either.

I'm seasonal Softlines SF & I haven't been trained for Cashier yet... I've been called in to work extra shifts because so many of our other seasonals have quit already. I asked to train for Cashier so I could help when they call for b/up but no one seems in a hurry to get me trained... Even though I told them I LOVE folding and straightening & re-shop & want to keep working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back