Archived Niemann Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I had forgotten about The Shops (a twice-over failure at that).

Here's Target's cash flow sheet from Forbes over the last 4 years

http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/jsp/finance/compinfo/CashFlows.jsp?tkr=TGT&period=qtr

They've got a little over $1 billion on hand right now compared to $749 million at the beginning of the year. They are certainly trending in a little bit better position than Best Buy currently (http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/jsp/finance/compinfo/CashFlows.jsp?tkr=BBY&period=qtr) but this quarter's results are going to be interesting. I can't speak for everyone else's stores but today alone we were down about $70,000 on a goal of about $350,000 and yesterday we pretty much just hit sales. If other stores are doing that poorly compared with some other gaffes like Neimann Marcus, they're gonna have to get a little bit more conservative in terms of spending.

My store hasn't made sales at all in over 2 months. There was the odd one or two days, but every other we've been coming in under projected.

I was told just a couple of days ago that it would not be going clearence. Did that change?

I cant find this info where did you get it?
The Marc Jacobs merchandise will not be going clearance - those items need to be destroyed, however, as far as I am aware of, there are certain Neiman Marcus items that will be going clearance next week, if I am correct.

I still have 3 of the bikes left, a ton of Jason Wu ornaments, a bunch of the yoga mats, lunch boxes and skateboards. Moved them into my dept. a week and a half ago? Maybe two? Have sold maybe 2 lunch boxes since! WOO GO SALES!

My store has sold very little also..... I still have enough NM in upstock to do another 12-15 quads.... Sure wish it was going salvage before the next RTW set..... And did they really think that someone who shops Neiman Marcus would shop Target???? More likely their butlers and maids shop Target.....lol.....

I suspect this is one of the reasons our sales are in the toilet for the month, and they are cutting a lot of hours the week before Christmas at my store.

All in all, I think it was a great idea but bad execution. If the prices were 25% of what they were it would have been a hit. If there were more clothes for adults it would have worked. Slightly better materials. Of course they would have probably just broke even but they would have had less of a disaster.

I asked my LOD when we can start tossing NM in the compactor - because I want to help - and he said it's now being dropped to 50% as clearance. Haha.

Our Bike is collecting dust

I dust our bike, as well as make sure it doesn't get damaged or out of adjustment from guests playing with it. I notice it's got a Sale sign on it, 50% off, as of this morning. If anyone in the country actually bought one at full price, I would hope that they would get the customary 14 days sale price protection.

I dust our bike, as well as make sure it doesn't get damaged or out of adjustment from guests playing with it. I notice it's got a Sale sign on it, 50% off, as of this morning. If anyone in the country actually bought one at full price, I would hope that they would get the customary 14 days sale price protection.

They sale protection was extended for the holidays, so they should.

Well, that was a non event for our store.
Same we had a few people come in and look at the product, but not too many people bought. I had one lady with lots of stuff in her cart that brought it all back for us to put a way.

I did notice the other day that all of the luggage (3 sets) were gone and the bike was also gone. I had to check online planogram to make sure that there was no thievery involved. OLP shows us, as having 0% of the product for the bulk merchandise POG. We have also seen some items like one dress completely sell out in all sizes. With a few other items we have seen certain sizes sell.

Hoping that the 50% off sale that started today will help to move this product, before it goes clearance. I really need my table and convertibles back for the mens VA (we borrowed from that department, as we had an empty table that we used in place of a convertible0.

They started out with ours in the corner of the maternity section. Then moved it to the front corner of RTW. Now it's been moved to the front of girls. Who knows where it will end up next:huh:
My store did the exact same thing. Now it's like 6 feet from the registers.

My store has a huge CLEARANCE sign hanging from the ceiling above the NM crap even tho I heard it's not on "clearance"
Hrm. Iwill just be the *****y GSA when people come over to guest service asking for an adjustment on the clearance price
No. :spiteful:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back