Archived No Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've known team members to get unemployment while working. Not sure how it worked exactly.
I was using it back in 2008 when my hours plummeted to under 16 in 5 days. All my state asked was if I'm taking all my shifts and if I'm available to work a full week. After them paying me my Target hours went back up to just under 32. I understand February is slow but you can't make draconian cuts and expect the same effort.

Most of salesfloor is getting 8 hours, and that is with scheduling them under different work centers. Every ETL/STL that has been around for 10+ years has said that it's never been like this, not even when the recession was in full swing.

Most of salesfloor is getting 8 hours, and that is with scheduling them under different work centers. Every ETL/STL that has been around for 10+ years has said that it's never been like this, not even when the recession was in full swing.
My STL even admitted this is the worse she has seen.

Its sad. Last year i averaged 38.9 hours. Then little by little the schedule was 37 then 35 then 33 didnt stop there 31 now last schedule 28.5 :( with 4 trucks plus the 3 food trucks. Unreal.

Its like corp wants to recoup all the Canadian losses right now!
Our store personally I think they are trying to make up for the overtime this summer. Definitely the worse we've ever seen. Four trucks with hours to cover two. Plus three food trucks.

We got screwed with hour cuts with a terrible ice storm.that was 3 days worth of call ins, no guest traffic. Got so bad we had no hourly TMs except me one day. Had all our ETLs running the front, and of course no red cards XD they begged me to get one that night, I got 2 and left 2 hours before close. They are that desperate to cut hours this past week. Call ins were welcome lol

Overspending the first week to make up for the last week was a trend at our store. And because my HR said I was too hard on attendance expectations, we spent M-Th making up for the callouts from F-Sun.

I understand February is slow but you can't make draconian cuts and expect the same effort.
I can see them expecting the same effort from a management standpoint. They'd expect you to give the same effort when you're there. What I will never understand is how they expect the same results.

You can not get the se amount of work done in less hours at the same level of effort. So really, they either have to expect you to push yourself harder when you're getting less of a paycheck or they have to understand that less is going to get done. For some reason, leaders and HQ don't seem to understand that less is going to get done. You choose to cut your workforce to the bone, you're not going to get as much work accomplished. And that's just economics 101. Opportunity cost yo.

I got my 1000 hours in under 8 months. I can't complain much.

I think they are trying to keep average weekly hours for the year to 28 or less so they won't have to pay health benefits next year. So if they drop everyone very low now, they can get by with the higher hours during peak weeks.

I don't think they realized how many employees were eligible this year since the new minimum was 29.5 hours... Just my opinion.

I think they are trying to keep average weekly hours for the year to 28 or less so they won't have to pay health benefits next year. So if they drop everyone very low now, they can get by with the higher hours during peak weeks.

I don't think they realized how many employees were eligible this year since the new minimum was 29.5 hours... Just my opinion.
Pretty sure I could carry half the flow team after the hours I put in this year...

Eh...just because of how myTime works and the way payroll allocation works...I don't think it's possible for Spot to fine tune company wide payroll allocation to take this into account.

I mean, how do you consider balancing a team member who works both signing and price change and ensuring that they drop from 32 hours to 28 hours on a global scale? What if that team member in another store is actually 2 team members working 16 hours? How would the company know the difference?

What about a team member who is on the team lead bench and gets In-Stocks + Electronics + Hardlines hours? How do you reduce their hours below 29?

The team members that routinely get 30+ hours are STILL getting 30+ hours...basically because they were getting 30+ hours for a reason. That hasn't changed.

I honestly don't think Spot has the bureaucratic capability to be able to make any kind of impact in healthcare finance reductions.

It's incredibly frustrating working in the Deli because the printouts are telling us to make more sandwiches, salads, and snackers but we're getting less hours. We're having to play catch-up on the days that there are fewer guests but then that food expires three days later, often right before or in the middle of the weekend. It's awful and I am so done with trying to race the clock. I'm not doing it anymore. If it doesn't get done, leadership can deal with it.
Seriously, if I get so much as a sour look from my ETL or the STL, I'm going to ask him if he wants to learn how to do production. I'll gladly teach either or both of them.

I honestly don't think Spot has the bureaucratic capability to be able to make any kind of impact in healthcare finance reductions.

Of course not. Not to mention the incredible legal trouble and catastrophic public relations nightmare that would follow if that was found out to be true.

But what are people on here going to complain about if they can't pretend that Spot has made the decision to keep that person's hours below 29.5 so they can avoid providing them with medical insurance?

In reality, many companies are doing exactly what Spot is doing.
Of course not. Not to mention the incredible legal trouble and catastrophic public relations nightmare that would follow if that was found out to be true.

But what are people on here going to complain about if they can't pretend that Spot has made the decision to keep that person's hours below 29.5 so they can avoid providing them with medical insurance?

Thankfully being GSA I am "guaranteed" (at least at my store, but ASANTS as always) 30+ hours. That was one of the conditions of the job, when I accepted the offer.

But that's 30 hours of running around like a chicken with its head cut off, being thrown in five different directions, yelled & screamed at by guests AND by fellow team members, as well as being the "manager"...for 50 cents more an hour. So there's a trade-off.

Thankfully being GSA I am "guaranteed" (at least at my store, but ASANTS as always) 30+ hours. That was one of the conditions of the job, when I accepted the offer.

But that's 30 hours of running around like a chicken with its head cut off, being thrown in five different directions, yelled & screamed at by guests AND by fellow team members, as well as being the "manager"...for 50 cents more an hour. So there's a trade-off.

Still not really guaranteed though. Not to say they won't give you 30+, but I bet that was a verbal promise, not a written one.

As a store with a heavy seasonal business period we have had hours cut dramatically. Our deli lost its hours for inventory, which then ended up taking from the team. We are consistently busy day after day. Running with 3 people a day. Seeing our production case getting decimated and struggling to keep it fresh and full. So when we were getting hours we were able to keep it up and keep it full. Now we are getting no hours and the etl can't fathom why we aren't keeping it full. Makes me so pissed I have wanted to tell the etl off. This company is falling apart and I am about ready to jump ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back