Archived No Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to bring this back.

5jVbaT3.jpg

Well that is what he does, cut cut cut when people start getting hurt or sales and survey scores start to tank then you can 1 or 2 people to people to make it better. He takes a golden parachute and we are left doing more with even less.

Hours are still low at my store !
Tls and etls have asked the stl for more hours, but stl refused !
Today , at 8am , 1 GSA/ cashier , 1 FRO , 1 elec tm , 2 instock , 1 pricing tm , 1 backroom and one LOD !
How can we even function?

I have been having months now where I am 2 days plano, 2 days truck. even asked to leave an hour early once on a 6-10 shift (AM). this week is the same. 22 hr and 2 days truck, but we are behind on planogram that we will be doing plano when scheduled for truck..... we have been green for weeks and weeks even when working truck. next week I have 38 hours, which is shocking to me. I can't even remember the last time I had a full week scheduled planogram. my ailse always end up looking stellar, and I actually feel good about the end result despite all the stress, sweat, etl's walking by, that new hl/softline/ge etl telling me i look like i'm working hard, with condecending overtones in the way he says it. and the occasional overly needy guest who thinks they were gods gift to the world. but it only takes days for guests/sales floor/ and especially our flow team to mess it up. but honestly I don't blame flow really, working 3 days a week for a total of 12 hrs would make me completely unmotivated to give a damn. I literally had 3 full carts of qmos on one pog, and the only reason it came off the damn shelves is because I looked at EVERY single date. it was shocking what I found. and that's exactly how I feel when I am scheduled truck and told to bowl out the entire store in 4 hours and jump in with flow. oh wait, I am way over 10,000 steps today, what prize do I get mrs etl HR? here is a pack of gum which has almost reached it's shelf life. i like working at target because of the team members I work with each day.

We had a BR guy quit and I expected my hours to go up since we're 1 guy short now. Instead, my hours went down. Wheres the logic in this?

We had a BR guy quit and I expected my hours to go up since we're 1 guy short now. Instead, my hours went down. Wheres the logic in this?

Same damn thing in my store! I'm flow so in April there were 5 new guys hired, and this week the last one quit , I should have more hours, but sadly nobody has had any because of these people quitting.

Yeah are store decided they hire 4 new cart Attandants puts use at 6 and now the veterans get 2 4 hour shifts a week while everyone else gets between 12 and 16 I was getting 35 hours a week I have never been late or Have called out.so I decided I need to pick up the worst shifts of all time in cashier shifts but they hired more cashiers so there hours got cut to so they won't give me there shifts.my question is these what happens this time of year no hours because everyone has tried to get crosstrained but we have no postionsuch open.

I just love how they're trying to make it sound positive. My ETL came up to me and asked "do you want tomorrow night off?" Lol, yeah I'm not falling for that.
Some people would be happy to have Friday night off.

Some people would be happy to have Friday night off.
I know, but I'd be passing up $50 on my next paycheck. Not worth it. Luckily I have Saturday and Sunday afternoons and evening off because I'm the only Hardlines team member willing to open, haha.

Some people would love to be able to pay their bills.
I know, but I'd be passing up $50 on my next paycheck. Not worth it. Luckily I have Saturday and Sunday afternoons and evening off because I'm the only Hardlines team member willing to open, haha.
Oh I agree and I wouldn't do it either.

But the ETL doesn't necessarily know that. Eventually they will ask someone who will be thrilled to take it off.

Bunch of the kids I worked with would jump on that like a tween on a new iPhone.

The only thing I dislike is not getting hours and ( not complaining here) but you make plans and suddenly they need you to come in. I always come in but there are times when I don't and I feel really bad because I made plans way in advance.

So so true..... They cut hrs and they cry when people don't show etc and of course they are short handed and they don't have the man power to run the place so they scramble to find people and get upset when people don't come in. Well maybe if you didn't cut hrs to begin with......

2016 Same or worst story.... tky Obama Care... no more hours... No more full time jobs...

Thankfully being GSA I am "guaranteed" (at least at my store, but ASANTS as always) 30+ hours. That was one of the conditions of the job, when I accepted the offer.

But that's 30 hours of running around like a chicken with its head cut off, being thrown in five different directions, yelled & screamed at by guests AND by fellow team members, as well as being the "manager"...for 50 cents more an hour. So there's a trade-off.

We were one of those stores. Then we got a new STL, and now hours have been slashed, that being said we're still getting considerably more hours as GSAs then other team embers.

I worked before in other retail stores and after Obama Care ... the hours went down.... they do no want to pay benefits.... Obama said that 50% more persons have jobs.... yes but only part time , you need 2 jobs in order to put food in your family's table.

I worked before in other retail stores and after Obama Care ... the hours went down.... they do no want to pay benefits.... Obama said that 50% more persons have jobs.... yes but only part time , you need 2 jobs in order to put food in your family's table.

Time to organize.

Maybe we do not have "the full time position" but we got hours witout the title name... sometimes more hours than the full timers... and they don't Care about it .... I worked for a store that uses to give us 40 hrs after Obama Care they had to hire People because the allow you to work only 25 hrs pero week ! They were 150 employes for a small store! Craizy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back