Archived Okay Who F**ked Up The System???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well had to have an eye catching title lol. For the past couple weeks our system in our store has gone in and out every couple of days. Sometimes for the less than 5 minutes and then other times for more than an hour. Well it happened again today. Our STL called Tech Support of whomever they call when we have wireless problems. They said that this was a global issue and would "try" to have it up in about 4 hours!!!!! At the time I heard this I only had one hour left of my shift, and since I am BR my job duties are PDA reliant (most of them anyways). So Unfortunately I had nothing to do for about an hour, cause I didn't have the ability to do anything, wait oh that's right I wasn't too sad about it lol. I did hang up some soft-lines racks but that took almost no time at all. So I spent the better half of that hour of talking to AP about a theft that he witnessed last week. So what do you do when you have a system outage? Is your store experiencing this same problem?

Not a total outage like you are experiencing, but I swear to god if they don't get the alerts up for LOD/GSTL soon I am going to lose my freakin mind! Seriously, its been almost 2 weeks! I love that system when it is up, but when it goes down we seriously need to work a bit harder at getting it working again...

You would think that a multi billion dollar company would make sure things like this never happens. I can only imagine how much profit/moneys they have lost from this crap. It's embarrassing.

You guys remember the leap year returns? Somehow that crippled the system for a week. Corporate didn't have the foresight to notice that this was a leap year? A date that has been public knowledge for what, thousands of years?

Last edited:
i actually love when the alerts go down because then they let us carry around a phone and it's so much easier! Yesterday i went back to electronics to help a TM back there and got three phone calls while i was back there, was able to fix those problems, got a call to bring up some pop for a guest, got that, and was back without having to walk to each register. It's much faster than getting an alert to go to a register and having to run to each one. I wish they'd let us carry a phone all of the time!

I wasn't getting GSTL alerts tonight, so I called it in to CSC. They were like "uhhhh, so your PDA is actually working?" I sarcastically said "Yeah, why? Should it not work???" The guy laughed and told me about a global connection issue where quite a large number of stores were totally unable to use PDAs. He linked my alert problem-ticket to the global issue, hoping it would all be fixed.

That was around 8ish? Around 9 my LPDA buzzed and got the "Sorry, we can't deliver alerts at this time" message, but when you clicked the ! icon, the alerts would display.

God forbid anything works around here.

Not a total outage like you are experiencing, but I swear to god if they don't get the alerts up for LOD/GSTL soon I am going to lose my freakin mind! Seriously, its been almost 2 weeks! I love that system when it is up, but when it goes down we seriously need to work a bit harder at getting it working again...

Not having alerts SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

It was REAL fun at food ave when one register went down, followed by the second one seconds later.
I ran to the starbux register to send a help message to the GSTL, only to get the "off-line; please turn on lane light" (which I don't fracking HAVE)!
Our TL gave me a stack of qmos sheets with food DPCIs & sent me to a nearby checklane. She'd call the order out for me to key in then send the guests over to pay.
A 'global' disaster....

We used post it notes on breaks for cashiers. Called Gstl for help on their phone or walkie. Ahhhh, reminds me of the good old days.

It was REAL fun at food ave when one register went down, followed by the second one seconds later.
I ran to the starbux register to send a help message to the GSTL, only to get the "off-line; please turn on lane light" (which I don't fracking HAVE)!
Our TL gave me a stack of qmos sheets with food DPCIs & sent me to a nearby checklane. She'd call the order out for me to key in then send the guests over to pay.
A 'global' disaster....
Whenever food ave has an issue, my store just shuts it down completely.

Today when I went into work I found out our alerts were working again after being down for two weeks. I almost crapped my pants!

At my store, whenever we request change or use the HELP key, it sends the request to the PDA but still says "Cannot send message - turn on lane light" after like 10 seconds (and prints out the change request slip).

Yeh, ours printed out the change slip &, when our GSA FINALLY came to see what we were gritching about, we told him how long we'd waited for change. He refused to believe us until I showed him the time stamp on the slip.

Yeh, ours printed out the change slip &, when our GSA FINALLY came to see what we were gritching about, we told him how long we'd waited for change. He refused to believe us until I showed him the time stamp on the slip.

Had you been scheduled as GSA, I'll bet you would've gotten on that right away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back