Archived Old, bitter TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have quite a few long timers at my store. They're all great except for one. She has more than enough bitterness and attitude to make up for our 11 10 year tms. Everything is a production with this woman, she honestly belongs in a telenovela.

Our store's old/long-timers are trying to make it to the next level for retirement & they work their a$$es off.
They've been there long enough that they know what it takes to get hours, they'll show up even when they feel like death warmed over; they avoid politics because they know the kid they train today may be their TL tomorrow; they've worked hard for what they're paid but show that they're worth every penny.
They've seen plenty of changes & know that they have to roll with it if they want to survive.
We're down to a handful but they're still the work horses of our store.

Our store's old/long-timers are trying to make it to the next level for retirement & they work their a$$es off.
They've been there long enough that they know what it takes to get hours, they'll show up even when they feel like death warmed over; they avoid politics because they know the kid they train today may be their TL tomorrow; they've worked hard for what they're paid but show that they're worth every penny.
They've seen plenty of changes & know that they have to roll with it if they want to survive.
We're down to a handful but they're still the work horses of our store.

to add to your comment, a lot of the long time employees I work with basically have a f*ck you attitude when Target asks them to work longer hours. And rightfully so. It's insulting when the higher ups give you an 'Effective' rating for your review and then ask you to go above and beyond your primary responsibilities. I now feel the same way. If the TL's are going to give me a crappy review and a crappy raise what they're really saying is that you're not good enough and that you've made no improvements in your productivity. Fine, if i'm not good enough and if they're going to lump me in with the new hires then they can just continue to hire more ineffective, lazy and slow workers to fill all the holes.

When I say "old", I don't mean elderly, I just mean someone who's been there a while. I also did not say/imply ALL of the TMs who've been there forever are worthless/lazy. Just most of the ones at my store. I understand there are plenty of younger, lazy TMs, but if you've been there for a while, you should know the day to day tasks and be able to keep yourself occupied. I've been at Spot for nearly two years and I keep busy even if my workload is light. Always having small side projects to help the store run smoother in small ways.

My point is, no matter how long you've been there, you should always be willing to go above and beyond and be a good example for other TMs. Especially if you have no intention of quitting anytime soon.

My point is, no matter how long you've been there, you should always be willing to go above and beyond and be a good example for other TMs. Especially if you have no intention of quitting anytime soon.

I agree to a point, the problem is that going above and beyond often means that Target will take advantage of you and ask you to do even more than you already do. There are only a small handful of my coworkers that I would define as hardworking and trustworthy. These are coworkers the regularly show up for their shift, work at a reasonably fast pace and do the jobs that need to be done without complaint. The rest are incompetent and simply don't give a damn. So basically it's the hardworking TM's that end up having to pick up the slack for the slower problem workers and Target seems to do nothing to improve the work habits of the problem workers. I'm at the point now where I distance myself from the slow workers, because they move like turtles, they constantly d*ck around on their cell phones and they like to chat instead of working.

There are definitely bitter, old tms at my store, two of them used to be TLs and stepped down and they don't do their jobs, but no one says anything about them, even though everyone knows it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back