One min too late

So Friday I hit my 5th by one min apparently. My ETL said it’s documented now. I do have plans to transfer may or June. Will this prevent that? I only have a performance talk documented other than that nothing

Hi there!

First, are you a minor? While they tell everyone to go to lunch by the 5th hour, only minors go into compliance at the 5th.

Next, when you say documented, did you have to sign anything? If you didn't, you should be fine to transfer. If you did sign a corrective action, if it was for performance, they could prevent your transfer. Not so for conduct.

Hope that helps!!

Hi there!

First, are you a minor? While they tell everyone to go to lunch by the 5th hour, only minors go into compliance at the 5th.

Next, when you say documented, did you have to sign anything? If you didn't, you should be fine to transfer. If you did sign a corrective action, if it was for performance, they could prevent your transfer. Not so for conduct.

Hope that helps!!
Some states are 5th hour meal compliance for everyone

One does not go INTO compliance, one goes OUT OF compliance, let's get that straight. Use the term correctly. Secondly don't sign shit. It's nit picking nonsense. If they continue with this petty crap turn in your notice and work for a real company, plenty of jobs available.

One does not go INTO compliance, one goes OUT OF compliance, let's get that straight. Use the term correctly. Secondly don't sign shit. It's nit picking nonsense. If they continue with this petty crap turn in your notice and work for a real company, plenty of jobs available.
Your name used to go INTO the "Compliance binder". A lot of terms and phrases are outdated here or refer to things that no longer exist.

It's really not petty though, @Captain Orca. Companies can get in big trouble if it looks like they aren't allowing their people to take timely breaks. This is governed by state and possibly federal laws. Wasn't it Walmart that had a class action lawsuit brought against it for denying state-required lunch breaks for its employees? Retail companies sat up and took notice, and now they have standards in place so they do not get in trouble. This is why HR hounds us about taking our lunches.

It's also not true that there are plenty of jobs available, at least not desirable ones, and at least not in my area. Just follow company policy and people will be fine.

It's really not petty though

In most states it is.

The state I live in requires no breaks for anyone except minors. Target treats not taking lunches on time just as seriously here as in states where it actually is a law though, which is silly.

My state is not the exception either. Only 21 states legally require breaks for adults.

. Target treats not taking lunches on time just as seriously here as in states where it actually is a law though, which is silly.

It's not silly to be consistent across the company, particularly about ensuring that TMs take breaks they're entitled to (whether by company policy or state law).

Ultimately everyone has to be their own advocate for taking breaks and meals on time. When a Leader is giving you a laundry list of tasks make sure to remind them you’ll be taking your break/lunch too. Let them know you’ll finish A, B, and C first, then break/meal, and you jump into X, Y, and Z when you get back. That way if they need to change up the priorities they have a baseline of where you’ll be and when.

Hi there!

Hope that helps!!
Depends on the state. If you live in a 5th-hour state, it doesn't matter if you are a minor or an adult.

Back