Archived Open Enrollment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target has a great match program dollar for dollar up to 5 percent, it's free money. You should definitely take advantage

Good point. Enrolled in 2 clicks! So, apparently you don't need 1000 hours, I guess?

Funny, the quick enroll option was the same (I'm pretty sure) as the fund I was on in my day job 401K before they switched providers.

Hm. I'm nowhere near 1000 hours. I wonder if the "enroll now" button was a mistake. Not sure I'd want to do the Target 401K, as I have one through my day job, and my paychecks aren't great, but diversification and all that (and thanks to the news today, shares are cheap, LOL).
I think it says, if you enroll and aren't eligible yet, it'll automatically put you in as soon as you are.

NPC, if you get medical, you will have to sign up. When you do, it will ask if you smoke. Say no. Otherwise there is a fee of 800 bucks extra.

NPC, if you get medical, you will have to sign up. When you do, it will ask if you smoke. Say no. Otherwise there is a fee of 800 bucks extra.

Ah okay. So if I don't currently have medical with Target, I'm not being charged a fee, right?

When you do, it will ask if you smoke. Say no. Otherwise there is a fee of 800 bucks extra.
When I last enrolled I had to specifically go to the smoker's line & change it to 'non-smoker' since it defaults to smoker.

Right. Medical and Long Term Disability, I believe.

Cool. That's a relief because I was worried about that, but I didn't even know how to ask, since I didn't understand it.

Difference between part time & full time benefits?

There are some information cards at TSC I think explaining different benefits you are elegible for based on several different situations regarding how many hours a week you work and how long you’ve been employed. I should have taken one lol.

what region is the northeast in ?? I'm not at work and wondered if there is a way to find out besides workbench ?

also fuck that smoker tax, i'm a non smoker don't auto charge 800 dollars and make me go and state I'm a non smoker. so, if i forget to sign up for benefits during those 9 days then i'll have to pay 800 dollars,,,, WTF

what region is the northeast in ?? I'm not at work and wondered if there is a way to find out besides workbench ?

also fuck that smoker tax, i'm a non smoker don't auto charge 800 dollars and make me go and state I'm a non smoker. so, if i forget to sign up for benefits during those 9 days then i'll have to pay 800 dollars,,,, WTF

I think the northeast is region 400.

Ah okay. So if I don't currently have medical with Target, I'm not being charged a fee, right?
I got an email from Target Benefits today that indicates you need to verify your tobacco use status even if you don't plan to enroll in medical coverage. Did you log in and look for it yet? In years past it was displayed prominently and hard to miss.

APSdhs2.png

I got an email from Target Benefits today that indicates you need to verify your tobacco use status even if you don't plan to enroll in medical coverage. Did you log in and look for it yet? In years past it was displayed prominently and hard to miss.

APSdhs2.png
It says in that screenshot if you’re not on medical plan you don’t pay...

Target has a great match program dollar for dollar up to 5 percent, it's free money. You should definitely take advantage

Dollar for dollar match, essentially doubling your money. Can't go wrong with that!

If you’re not planning to stay around for long though then putting a few dollars into a retirement plan could just end up being more of a hassle to sort out long-term when you move on.

It says in that screenshot if you’re not on medical plan you don’t pay...
No, it says you don't pay the $800 if you're not on a medical plan. The LTD surcharge is much smaller, I think less than a dollar per pay period.

It says "if nothing else, you must verify your tobacco use status." I take that to mean everyone, even if you aren't signing up for anything, needs to do it.

If you’re not planning to stay around for long though then putting a few dollars into a retirement plan could just end up being more of a hassle to sort out long-term when you move on.

Not at all, it's easily transferable. There is no downside to saving for your future. Even if you get a penalty for withdrawing it, it's more money than you had before.

There isn't a good reason not to take advantage of the 401k other than laziness or you are living so paycheck to paycheck you can't save 5%

There isn't a good reason not to take advantage of the 401k other than laziness or you are living so paycheck to paycheck you can't save 5%

This has been me since day one at spot which is why I havent done it. I just dont know if it wipl help or hurt me more.

This has been me since day one at spot which is why I havent done it. I just dont know if it wipl help or hurt me more.

If there is no minimum, try 2%. If that is manageable for you after a few mos., then bump it up to 3%.

Once you get started, compounding your money is an AWESOME thing. I am grateful that I made the effort to participate in my first employer's 401k plan. My spouse and I made more money in the stock market last year than we did at our jobs...ALOT more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back