Archived Opinions? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a day ago I got asked if I would want to switch to a Beauty Team Member and I agreed to my ETL... however, after I went home and pondered on it I realized that it probably wasn’t a great fit for me eventhough they think otherwise. Opinions on how I go about telling them that I don’t want to switch my workcenter anymor and that I would rather stay in my current work center?

What is your current work center? If it is Flex like your name suggests, those hours will be reducing quite a bit now that the holidays are over. They may be asking you to switch to Beauty so that they can keep you on and give you hours.

Whenever you are presented with a situation like this, always put off a decision until you have time to think about it. I was recently asked to become one of the specialty TMs for Modernization at my store. The request came out of the blue on a Friday afternoon. I told my ETL-HR that I wasn't initially opposed to the idea, but I would like to think about it over the weekend and I would give them my answer on Monday morning. I talked it over with my partner, weighted the pros and cons, and begrudgingly decided, at this point in time, I had to accept the offer. I told my ETL first thing Monday morning, yes, I would move to the new position. The only caveat I would give with this advice is if someone demands an immediate answer right then and there. That is usually a bad sign and my experience has taught me it is best to just say NO.

If you were hired seasonal as flex, they're most likely giving you beauty as a way to stay on at all, as SigningLady said. I would clarify with them first whether you even can stay in flex or if you'd be let go if you don't switch to beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back